No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Indoctrination of kids #6385787
11/29/18 08:38 PM
11/29/18 08:38 PM
Minnesota
John Jr. Offline OP
trapper
John Jr.  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
Our local school sends our 6th graders to Deep Portage every year about this time. Many of the other schools around us also send classes throughout the year. Deep Portage is a natural refuge and wolf research center in Hackensack, MN. My daughter came home with a questionaire about MN reopening the wolf season. Naturally, I said they should as the population has grown quite large here( I have tracks in my hay fields) and they are coming closer to civilization. The limit is quite low for them and it’s a lottery system to get tags. Anyhow, the teacher had them write a letter to the MN DNR about all this. Of coarse most if not all the kids were taught that if the wolves are hunted there would be a “trophic cascade” where the prey becomes too much for the environment and become destructive to the area because we killed the wolves. So our school is using our kids to push an agenda and vilify those who believe differently. My daughter loves nature, hunting and loves and wants to watch me trap but she is also an impressionable 11 year old that will obey authority figures. To make a long story short, the MN DNR has received hundreds or even thousands of letters like these from multiple schools thought the year. Nice.

We’re airborne! We are supposed to be surrounded!
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6385799
11/29/18 08:45 PM
11/29/18 08:45 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Nothing new, they have been doing that for years from guns to homosexuality and everything in between. The target has always been conservative and Christian values. Which is why, if I had kids, they would never be sent to a public school. EVER!

Last edited by Finster; 11/29/18 08:50 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6385805
11/29/18 08:54 PM
11/29/18 08:54 PM

H
Haggard
Unregistered
Haggard
Unregistered
H

True Finster. There is a thread going on right now that has the commies coming out of the closet. Full grown men acting petulant about Christian values. " imaginary friend" (Jesus) is being blasted by kids that do not truly understand the founding of our country. Cuba is close, hard to believe they don't go to that wonderful, godless place.

Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386206
11/30/18 09:35 AM
11/30/18 09:35 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I am sure I will offend some - so for that I am sorry. There is no Biblical reason or justification to send my children to the public indoctrination system. The Bible calls for me and my wife to raise our children. Therefor, we are. We are to protect and raise up our children in the way of Jesus Christ. When the public schools removed Christ from the education system, they literally decided they had no place for God in the raising of children. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. There is right and wrong. Male and Female. Heaven and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). We all will stand before a Holy God for judgement. I would encourage you all to read The Harbinger if you want an update on the warning to America from the Lord. Even some folks that may be naysayers might have their eyes opened a bit.

Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6386213
11/30/18 09:43 AM
11/30/18 09:43 AM
Minnesota
John Jr. Offline OP
trapper
John Jr.  Offline OP
trapper

Minnesota
We used to homeschool our kids but we got a deal on a new home we could not pass up. 120 acres on the state forest border. The house however is the size of a cracker box. 6 kids are hard to handle in a 3 room place. As soon as this spring we are building a much larger house and my kids have asked to be homeschooled again. Thank God! I only found it disturbing that a small town in Central MN full of hunters, farmers and blue collar workers kids would push that crap.

We’re airborne! We are supposed to be surrounded!
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386222
11/30/18 09:54 AM
11/30/18 09:54 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
We are living in a time when eyes are closed and folks walk around with a seared mind. Thank God you found it disturbing......Most folks reading this - send their supposed most prized possession to indoctrination centers who have removed God. Then, they justify their actions........

Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386226
11/30/18 09:57 AM
11/30/18 09:57 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
My wife was homeschooled k-12. I went to public school k-12. She's much smarter than I am (She'd tell you I'm much smarter than her, but I'd never make it in life without her) . We'll be homeschooling our 5 kiddos.

Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386239
11/30/18 10:09 AM
11/30/18 10:09 AM
Saltlake city utah
S
Steelflight Offline
trapper
Steelflight  Offline
trapper
S

Saltlake city utah
Very few teachers have an understanding enough about these issues to speak about it in their own sense. Then again I had a science teacher that as far as I understood only pushed us to write or own thoughts on the matter. Matters we would observe. I had several discussions with him concerning my thoughts and findings vs his own. The reality is we are care takers and stewards. Unfourntunetly to many are disconnected from that truth. Now we argue rather then look conservitly at the numbers and status. Of our environment. Power gain and lack of education on both sides makes us blind. We want our agenda filled.

This makes the system fail.

You may think before you act. The question is did you listen to your own council?
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386356
11/30/18 01:49 PM
11/30/18 01:49 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Hoo-Rah y'all! So nice to see there's still a few good men left.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand

Last edited by DuxDawg; 11/30/18 01:53 PM. Reason: Signature not showing.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386421
11/30/18 03:02 PM
11/30/18 03:02 PM
Green Lane, PA
S
SwoleTrapper Offline
trapper
SwoleTrapper  Offline
trapper
S

Green Lane, PA
I've intentionally indoctrinated my son. He's 6. He loves camping, hiking, trapping, fishing, archery, off-roading, and he cant wait until hes big enough to youth hunt. He knows what the constitution is, inalienable rights, has many American flags, knows where our food comes from, and know all boys have penises and all girls have vaginas.

Ive Liberal proofed him, and dont regret it. I never would have thought I would have to do things like this at such a young age, but I live in Philadelphia. There are a bunch of activists around here with zero ethical accountability who would call me a racist homophobic bigot for not agreeing with them. Instead of telling him what I believe, Ive taught him the values and principles that got me where I am, so he cannot be swayed by people and their feigned outrage trying to indoctrinate him.

If its either others try to get him to think like them, or I make sure he thinks like me, I will win, and already have.

He can also read at a 3rd grade level and is in kindergarten. He knows addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, basic laws of physics. I am not relying on school for anything. Next year he is going to private school. If they pull this indoctrination stuff I will home school him myself.

Makes me smile to see I am not the only one appalled by this unethical crap the schools are doing. An elementary charter school down the street from me is helping children under 10 transition to other genders. Once I found out about that, my approach changed quite a bit.

I also lift weights 6 days a week and have taught him how awesome toxic masculinity is. To preempt the liberal agenda, I have also taught him about slavery, the women's suffrage movement, etc. I am looking forward to the parent teacher conference where they tell me my son is teaching his values they dont agree with to the other kids, and asking questions they dont like.

I recently explained to him how while he may like some Disney movies, Disney hates hunters, trappers, etc. Bambi, hunter bad, Snow White, hunter bad, Rescuers Down under, trapper bad, and I could go on and on. It's gonna be hard for them to change his mind when his eyes are open to the bias.

Last edited by SwoleTrapper; 11/30/18 03:05 PM.
Re: Indoctrination of kids [Re: John Jr.] #6386521
11/30/18 05:16 PM
11/30/18 05:16 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Don't forget 1 Timothy 4:8 and it sounds like you are doing an awesome job.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread