No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: Macthediver] #6389463
12/03/18 10:14 PM
12/03/18 10:14 PM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
Originally Posted by Macthediver
slydogx
What you got to pay for a case of Puppers can you even get it?? My son been watching a show from Canada called Letter Kenny. Their always drinking Puppers.

I've more than twice picked up what I thought was dead skunk. One juiced me all up my right arm and right side of my face. Was at second stop just after day light on an all day line...Only baby wipes to clean up with and get the yellow of my glasses. Glad I had them on...
I skin my skunks right on the line. One them skunks came back to life after I had his back legs out and was ready to pull his hide. That one juiced me all up my right leg. Had my son and one of his buddy's with that day. Son said why did you let him do that. Not like I let him it just happened. Sons buddy had to ride rest way home with his head out truck window. Every time he tried to roll window up he'd start gagging almost heave.. Son and I just laughed at him.

Mac

Letterkenny is awesome.

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6389523
12/03/18 11:54 PM
12/03/18 11:54 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
Me and my brother was deer hunting in the mountains behind my house years ago, it was a 1 1/2 hour hike in, I killed a small buck and went to gut him and realized I didn't have a knife with me, after dragging him half way out we ran into my uncle who loaned me a knife. It was about 3 hours after the kill and temps were above average so I think the stomach was swelled a little. On my initial cut I cut into the stomach and it exploded green sh*t all over me and all in my mouth. That was bad enough, but listening to my brother and uncle horse laughing while I was trying to wipe my face with leaves just made it worse

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6389537
12/04/18 12:24 AM
12/04/18 12:24 AM
S E Idaho
J
Jmack Offline
trapper
Jmack  Offline
trapper
J

S E Idaho
A couple years back while setting for marten I pulled out my dip can and didn't realize I had a good portion of Gusto on my fingers. I became was more careful after that.

The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
Theodore Roosevelt

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6389793
12/04/18 11:10 AM
12/04/18 11:10 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by slydogx
These are things that don't happen to non-trappers...

I had pulled 2 of last year's carcass coon from the barn freezer on Friday, and they were thawed and ready to skin. The reason I had froze them was that they were too muddy and bloody to deal with at the time, so I chucked them in the freezer and forgot about them.

Anyhow, I got them skinned out and decided to give them a good wash before re-freezing (I like to flesh them better when not 100% thawed out). So, I grabbed a 5 gallon bucket, filled it about 3/4 of the way with clean cold water and dropped the hides in.

After about 20 seconds sloshing around, the water in the bucket looked about like the floor mop bucket at the local abbatoir LOL. I grabbed one pelt and started "squeegeeing" the water out by squeezing the pelt with one hand and pulling it towards me with the other. Somehow, the tail end of that pelt built enough momentum to SNAP like a bullwhip when it exited the water and splashed about a 1/4 cup of that nasty water right in my open mouth...

It tasted about like what you think it did LOL.

To my credit, I didn't even gag, finished washing out the pelts and then headed inside for a listerine swish and 2 cans of bud lite.

Anybody else have a tale of woe?

It happens!!! But always NASTY STUFF!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6389806
12/04/18 11:40 AM
12/04/18 11:40 AM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
I had a new bottle of Backbreaker in my sweatshirt
From a beaver job I was on in late spring. I was full of mud
And smelled like castor. I came in the house and my wife said everything
In the back hall and I'll wash it right away. Well it went through the washer
In tact but not the dryer. Well we got a new dryer. Lol

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: 160user] #6389809
12/04/18 11:54 AM
12/04/18 11:54 AM

S
sanfo008
Unregistered
sanfo008
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by slydogx
I drink whatever is in the house fellas... last night it was some leftover bud lite.

Even worse, I normally drink Busch Lite because it is only $17 for a 30 pack at Kroger (I won't pay Canadian extortion rates for beer, luckily I live near a border)

We could talk about Ontario beer prices, but that is too gross even for me.

Even at $1.70 a 30 pack for Busch Lite it is still way over priced! Busch Lite is like fornicating in a canoe...........

That's funny right there...

Never done that in a canoe, but if it's like Busch Light, I'll be sure to steer clear. Thanks for the heads up!

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6389945
12/04/18 03:08 PM
12/04/18 03:08 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Bought a bottle of long distance bear call, Knock out from James Valley scents. Used half the jar, so I wrapped in paper, sealed it with electricians tape, wrapped it again, boxed it. Put in the freezer down stairs. I know dumb youngster. Well when the wife went in the freezer I heard a holler. Now she is 5' 1" and quiet. It ruined half a freezer of beef. Not a happy wife or will i do that again. Apparently I hadn't sealed the lid tight.

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6390332
12/04/18 10:19 PM
12/04/18 10:19 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
Every now and again my wife likes to run line with me if kiddos are elsewhere. Had a couple catches and we're feeling good and I seem to drive faster when excited. Well I hit a wash a lil to fast an flung my trapping pack in the air..temps were single digits. Plastic container of ogordmans paste bait and a glass bottle of carmens k9 call busted in bck of SUV and let me tell ya after we both dry heaved out the side of the vechicle and got our eyes stopped watering I took a butt ripping like never before along with a pretty good punch to the shoulder (unusual for my wife). I think the worst part was the ride home I couldn't quit laughing and her attitude was not so good. Never did get the stink out of the fur crazy. Come to think of it that was the last time she rode along

Re: Trapping gross out story... [Re: slydogx] #6390353
12/04/18 10:38 PM
12/04/18 10:38 PM
knoxville iowa
T
trappercosmo Offline
trapper
trappercosmo  Offline
trapper
T

knoxville iowa
boiling a deer skull one time for my son and popped the eye ball and the fuild went right in my mouth

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread