No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397498
12/13/18 10:51 AM
12/13/18 10:51 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
It is ironic that our government subsidizes the over production of corn and soybeans that lead to obesity here while on the other hand use the very same bill to authorize the continuation of large scale famine in Yemen through blockades and by helping the Saudis in their proxy war with Iran. 17 million Yemenis at risk of starvation, done with our help.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_in_Yemen_(2016–present)

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 12/13/18 10:52 AM.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: Ole] #6397506
12/13/18 11:02 AM
12/13/18 11:02 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by Ole
Are large corporate farms needy? Are milk subsidies the reason there is an overproduction of milk? Are tariffs the reason for a 12 billion compensation to farmers? There are a lot of tentacles reaching out on the farm bill monster. The farm bill is a welfare program for a lot of people but it does keep us in a steady supply of cheap food. That's how I make it acceptable in my pea brain.

The farm bill continues to allow all the land and production to be concentrated in the hands of fewer people, eliminating small holders from the land. And it's about an average of production over a large holding, not, say...the immense production that can happen in a small area of my garden.

The people don't have the right of access to cheap food, everybody should be able to produce their own. If large ag had their way, it would be unlawful to raise a single pig, cow, or chickens by a family.

The farm bill serves the wrong people, and ag in the US is not about feeding the US anyway, it's about shipping product overseas.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: MB750] #6397552
12/13/18 12:03 PM
12/13/18 12:03 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by MB750
What most people don't know is food stamps & most welfare comes out of the Agriculture budget. John Q. Farmer sees a very small part of The Farm Bill.

Just enough to buy a new truck every 2 years live in a new house away from the hog barns Rid tractors and combines that have more comfort than a Cadillac ,Vacation down south in winter ,Yup a very small part!

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: Snowpa] #6397560
12/13/18 12:13 PM
12/13/18 12:13 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by Snowpa
What most people don't know is food stamps & most welfare comes out of the Agriculture budget. John Q. Farmer sees a very small part of The Farm Bill.

Just enough to buy a new truck every 2 years live in a new house away from the hog barns Rid tractors and combines that have more comfort than a Cadillac ,Vacation down south in winter ,Yup a very small part!

how many do you know that do that and in your opinion should they be using horses and binders yet

olden tyred
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397562
12/13/18 12:17 PM
12/13/18 12:17 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by FlyinFinn
Originally Posted by white marlin
Finn,

your post re: the war on terror shows an embarrassing misunderstanding of the nature and extent of the threat.

If you are more enlightened than me concerning the threats we face, why don't you share with us the extent? You sound just like the government; "Oh, we are under severe threat but the details are confidential. Take our word for it."

you sound like you think the war on terror is nothing more than a conventional war that should "winnable", by invading a country and bringing it to its knees.

you lament that we haven't accomplished that after 17 years of fighting. (and you blame that on the Military-Industrial Complex wanting to remain relevant/fully-funded).

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397572
12/13/18 12:32 PM
12/13/18 12:32 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If your talking about me white marlin you are 100% correct

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397575
12/13/18 12:34 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Some of you opinionated SOBs should mention your thoughts on 'the free ride the farmers are getting' to the land owners you trap on. See how that works out for you.

I hope you aren't eating, while spouting off about those of us who produce 99% of the food you consume.

Rant over.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397576
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The japonese all wanted to die for allah too i mean the emporer. A few nukes and they figured it was better to live for him

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: chas3457] #6397577
12/13/18 12:36 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by chas3457
Some of you opinionated SOBs should mention your thoughts on 'the free ride the farmers are getting' to the land owners you trap on. See how that works out for you.

I hope you aren't eating, while spouting off about those of us who produce 99% of the food you consume.

Rant over.

Charlie

You are kidding, I hope. None of it gets consumed here.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397578
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The sorry sons of dogs attacked our country and so far as i can see the wahabbi’s are still in power

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: danny clifton] #6397581
12/13/18 12:40 PM
12/13/18 12:40 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If your talking about me white marlin you are 100% correct

well, I wasn't, but...you'd be wrong, too.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397584
12/13/18 12:42 PM
12/13/18 12:42 PM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
trapper les, If you raise, hunt, fish, or trap for, EVERYTHING you eat, then my post doesn't apply to you.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: chas3457] #6397586
12/13/18 12:47 PM
12/13/18 12:47 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
trapper les, If you raise, hunt, fish, or trap for, EVERYTHING you eat, then my post doesn't apply to you.

Charlie

Not everything, but there is a trend in Corporate ag, the trend is to not allow permission to trap , hunt, or otherwise trespass on any of it, and I am seeing that on thousands of acres. There is no one person to talk to, and it's a policy born of liability. So....I don't care for it.

That's a lot of land I once knew. Most of the country around me , and in my county is state land.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: danny clifton] #6397592
12/13/18 12:52 PM
12/13/18 12:52 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

The japonese all wanted to die for allah too i mean the emporer. A few nukes and they figured it was better to live for him

most of the Japanese wanted to live.

there are a LOT of muslim extremists who would rather die a martyr than accept you on the same planet as they are.

you going to nuke every country that has extremists factions living within their borders?

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: white marlin] #6397612
12/13/18 01:14 PM
12/13/18 01:14 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by white marlin

there are a LOT of muslim extremists who would rather die a martyr than accept you on the same planet as they are.

you going to nuke every country that has extremists factions living within their borders?

Why should we worry about them as long as they're in those other countries? Seems to me we should mind our own business. If they come over here, then it's our problem and we can deal with it in an aggressive manner, even if it means we go to another country to deal with it. Nuke em if we have to. do whatever it takes to get it done quickly, and get back out. Surely we don't need to spend 17 years fighting a bunch of goons with AKs and RPGs. I know an AK can shoot a long ways, but it can't reach over the ocean.

(By the way, you may not like it, but you're much more likely to get shot by a white man than get shot or ran over by a muslim terrorist, so I wouldn't worry too much about what they do over in the great sandbox.)

Last edited by loosegoose; 12/13/18 01:15 PM.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397620
12/13/18 01:22 PM
12/13/18 01:22 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
The launching of cruise missiles at Assad in Syria (a duly elected leader of a sovereign nation) had nothing to do with national security or terrorism. The proxy war in Yeman has nothing to do with national security or terrorism. I do not live in a constant state of trembling fear of radical islamic terrorism and it has nothing to do with our 'war' on it. I do,in fact, believe each innocent human we kill turns more people who didn't hate the untied states before Into someone who feels powerless and angry. I have had a hand in killing a passle of Iraqis who definitely didn't deserve it. As if deserve has anything to do with it. I think about their families daily and wonder about the amount of raw hatred they feel now towards our country. That's been 15 years ago and thousands of Innocents ago.

If you do feel in state of constant fear of terrorism, I would ask you to look around and take a deep breath. If you have a deep seated hatred of Muslims, go fight yourself in any number of mercenary outfits. I do not want my
name attached to the collateral damage that occurs in our little 'war on terror', that really isn't a war at all. I do not want to have to pay for it, and I feel the damages done by it makes us less safe. Of course, that's the whole point of having CONGRESS declare a war, so that I may have my say. As it is now, none of us have any say. The current class of republicans in the congress are too spineless to allow debate. How anyone can think this is good is beyond me.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: danny clifton] #6397622
12/13/18 01:26 PM
12/13/18 01:26 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
The only way to cut out lazy bloodsuckers is to cut out all welfare including all buisness subsidies . The truly needy can be cared for by the truly private charities

And where do you think the charities get their financing from?

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397623
12/13/18 01:30 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by FlyinFinn
The launching of cruise missiles at Assad in Syria (a duly elected leader of a sovereign nation) had nothing to do with national security or terrorism. The proxy war in Yeman has nothing to do with national security or terrorism. I do not live in a constant state of trembling fear of radical islamic terrorism and it has nothing to do with our 'war' on it. I do,in fact, believe each innocent human we kill turns more people who didn't hate the untied states before Into someone who feels powerless and angry. I have had a hand in killing a passle of Iraqis who definitely didn't deserve it. As if deserve has anything to do with it. I think about their families daily and wonder about the amount of raw hatred they feel now towards our country. That's been 15 years ago and thousands of Innocents ago.

If you do feel in state of constant fear of terrorism, I would ask you to look around and take a deep breath. If you have a deep seated hatred of Muslims, go fight yourself in any number of mercenary outfits. I do not want my
name attached to the collateral damage that occurs in our little 'war on terror', that really isn't a war at all. I do not want to have to pay for it, and I feel the damages done by it makes us less safe. Of course, that's the whole point of having CONGRESS declare a war, so that I may have my say. As it is now, none of us have any say. The current class of republicans in the congress are too spineless to allow debate. How anyone can think this is good is beyond me.

Why did you enlist?

Surely you knew what armies do.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: Snowpa] #6397624
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Snowpa

That may be true with the large corporate farm, but not so with the small family farm. The large corporate farm has forced many family farms out of business in my area.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: chas3457] #6397625
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN

Rant over.

Charlie

Yes, how rude to discuss farmers on the teat. We should all realize that if Government withdrew their puppet hand from farmers keister's we'd all starve to death because farmers only produce because government allows them to and subsidizes them. The free market has nothing to do with it
It shouldn't need to be said; but it is perfectly fine to support farmers while not agreeing with the government policy we all suffer with.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread