No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: hippie] #6397627
12/13/18 01:31 PM
12/13/18 01:31 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by FlyinFinn
The launching of cruise missiles at Assad in Syria (a duly elected leader of a sovereign nation) had nothing to do with national security or terrorism. The proxy war in Yeman has nothing to do with national security or terrorism. I do not live in a constant state of trembling fear of radical islamic terrorism and it has nothing to do with our 'war' on it. I do,in fact, believe each innocent human we kill turns more people who didn't hate the untied states before Into someone who feels powerless and angry. I have had a hand in killing a passle of Iraqis who definitely didn't deserve it. As if deserve has anything to do with it. I think about their families daily and wonder about the amount of raw hatred they feel now towards our country. That's been 15 years ago and thousands of Innocents ago.

If you do feel in state of constant fear of terrorism, I would ask you to look around and take a deep breath. If you have a deep seated hatred of Muslims, go fight yourself in any number of mercenary outfits. I do not want my
name attached to the collateral damage that occurs in our little 'war on terror', that really isn't a war at all. I do not want to have to pay for it, and I feel the damages done by it makes us less safe. Of course, that's the whole point of having CONGRESS declare a war, so that I may have my say. As it is now, none of us have any say. The current class of republicans in the congress are too spineless to allow debate. How anyone can think this is good is beyond me.

Why did you enlist?

Surely you knew what armies do.

I enlisted to defend the Constitution.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397629
12/13/18 01:34 PM
12/13/18 01:34 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Trapper7 private charities get their funding from people who give out of the kindness of their heart, not people who have no choice but to have their hard-earned money taken away from them by force (that's what taxes are.) Taking money from my paycheck to pay for things like universal healthcare, free college, Medicaid/medicare, social security income, etc etc etc etc, is not charity or a good deed, it's theft. I'm not even necessarily saying those things that I listed are bad, but I don't necessarily want to pay for them either. Those who want to pay someone's welfare check can do so directly. (it might change their opinion if they had to do so.)

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397632
12/13/18 01:39 PM
12/13/18 01:39 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Since when did the Army do that Finn?

To protect the constitution, your vote is where it's at.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: hippie] #6397638
12/13/18 01:40 PM
12/13/18 01:40 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by hippie
Since when did the Army do that Finn?

To protect the constitution, your vote is where it's at.

1) I wasn't in the effn Army.
2) defending the Constitution is in the oath of enlistment of all branches of service.

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 12/13/18 01:41 PM.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397642
12/13/18 01:48 PM
12/13/18 01:48 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
3) another part of the oath of enlistment is to obey the orders of the President and all officers appointed over me. This is WHY it is important to keep and protect the separation of power within the federal government. The President should not have to power to employ the military arbitrarily in nation's across the world without demonstrating a real and direct threat to our national security. Any other forays should be declared as a war by congress after debate. Then the funding can be alloted to pay for it after articulating the goals for the forays through debate.

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 12/13/18 01:49 PM.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397645
12/13/18 01:51 PM
12/13/18 01:51 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I understand that's the oath.

But ever since the second WW, i don't see that our wars were fought for that reason. Just my view as to the way our (I'll use Military instead of Army for you) has been used ever since.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397649
12/13/18 01:53 PM
12/13/18 01:53 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
3) another part of the oath of enlistment is to obey the orders of the President and all officers appointed over me. This is WHY it is important to keep and protect the separation of power within the federal government. The President should not have to power to employ the military arbitrarily in nation's across the world without demonstrating a real and direct threat to our national security. Any other forays should be declared as a war by congress after debate. Then the funding can be alloted to pay for it after articulating the goals for the forays through debate.

Yes, that's why i asked why you joined. Been along time since that was the reason our military has been used for that solely.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397650
12/13/18 01:54 PM
12/13/18 01:54 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Perhaps they should update the oath to say "blindly kill whoever the President fancies with no input from congress or the American taxpaying citizens".

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397692
12/13/18 02:52 PM
12/13/18 02:52 PM

O
Oh Snap
Unregistered
Oh Snap
Unregistered
O

SO Flyin Finn

How is your trapping going? LOL

Last edited by Oh Snap; 12/13/18 02:53 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397703
12/13/18 03:05 PM
12/13/18 03:05 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Finn - I read it and it looks like it applies for another 3 weeks....then we have a new Congress - correct?

How do you propose we fight terrorists? Do we let them come in, shoot up our country and then look for them like France?

Do I fear them - absolutely not - fear is the absence of Faith in God. But, I think we should utilize wisdom..........and I am thankful I am not two blocks down the road, watching peoples last days on this Earth before they are vaporized from a conex.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397705
12/13/18 03:07 PM
12/13/18 03:07 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
There is an entire generation of the military today that sit here and take lives in foreign nations.......daily.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: loosegoose] #6397711
12/13/18 03:17 PM
12/13/18 03:17 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Trapper7 private charities get their funding from people who give out of the kindness of their heart, not people who have no choice but to have their hard-earned money taken away from them by force (that's what taxes are.) Taking money from my paycheck to pay for things like universal healthcare, free college, Medicaid/medicare, social security income, etc etc etc etc, is not charity or a good deed, it's theft. I'm not even necessarily saying those things that I listed are bad, but I don't necessarily want to pay for them either. Those who want to pay someone's welfare check can do so directly. (it might change their opinion if they had to do so.)

You are correct. My point was that the giving still comes from someone regardless of their intention.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6397745
12/13/18 04:02 PM
12/13/18 04:02 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline OP
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline OP
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Finn - I read it and it looks like it applies for another 3 weeks....then we have a new Congress - correct?

How do you propose we fight terrorists? Do we let them come in, shoot up our country and then look for them like France?

Do I fear them - absolutely not - fear is the absence of Faith in God. But, I think we should utilize wisdom..........and I am thankful I am not two blocks down the road, watching peoples last days on this Earth before they are vaporized from a conex.

Terrorism wasn't invented on 9/11. Terrorism is any act of violence perpetrated in the name of political or religious beliefs. I do not believe terrorism is enough to continue to operate our countries foreign policy in disregard of the Constitution. The tactic of terrorism does not give the president carte blanche to engage our military worldwide without input from the People's respresentatives.
Whether the duration of totally disallowing congressional debate about our involvement in Yemen is 3 weeks or not is irellevant. The fact that this egregious B S was even thought up should bring anyone pause.

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6397865
12/13/18 07:05 PM
12/13/18 07:05 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
With Trump working to shame the Canadians the dairy lobby group was able to get some real increases in programs benefiting the dairy farmers this round. They probably fared better than all the other commodity producers.
As to SNAP which is 80% of the Farm Bill the IGA or Independent Groceries Assn are the big lobby group for those billions as all those dollars flow through their stores and with 40 million on SNAP at some level it is a huge part of the grocery sales annually. Politics makes for real strange bed fellows many times.
Some SNAP Program data

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ps-to-get-jobs-the-majority-already-work

Bryce

Last edited by bblwi; 12/13/18 09:10 PM.
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: Trapper7] #6397943
12/13/18 08:30 PM
12/13/18 08:30 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The only way to cut out lazy bloodsuckers is to cut out all welfare including all buisness subsidies . The truly needy can be cared for by the truly private charities

And where do you think the charities get their financing from?

BINGO!

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6398010
12/13/18 09:43 PM
12/13/18 09:43 PM
MarsHill,NC
V
Vincenator Offline
trapper
Vincenator  Offline
trapper
V

MarsHill,NC
Hey Flyin Finn,listening to NPR this morning I learned about the add on by Paul POS Ryan,to the farm bill.I called his office to ask why he would want to add this to the bill as it has nothing to do with a farm bill.As usual , I could not leave a message as the "leave a comment option" told me my message could not go thru and to try again some other time.Same message I got many months ago when trying to leave a message as his recording says my input is important to him...BS! The message was how can he look at his or anyone else's children , while allowing children and others to be starved and brutally killed.I guess as the BIG CHETTO says ,they(the murdering Saudi's) are a important ally .They make me sick.I hope the ghosts of the dead haunt them to the day they die.
I dont like to rant ,but this is not acceptable ,whoever facilitates this.We should not look the other way to what is happening in Yemen!

Every day is good,some are just better!
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: bblwi] #6398053
12/13/18 10:25 PM
12/13/18 10:25 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by bblwi
With Trump working to shame the Canadians the dairy lobby group was able to get some real increases in programs benefiting the dairy farmers this round. They probably fared better than all the other commodity producers.
As to SNAP which is 80% of the Farm Bill the IGA or Independent Groceries Assn are the big lobby group for those billions as all those dollars flow through their stores and with 40 million on SNAP at some level it is a huge part of the grocery sales annually. Politics makes for real strange bed fellows many times.
Some SNAP Program data

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ps-to-get-jobs-the-majority-already-work

Bryce

They have to eat no matter Only they have to work for grocery's

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6398055
12/13/18 10:29 PM
12/13/18 10:29 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
how many do you know that do that and in your opinion should they be using horses and binders yet

Here you would be hard pressed to find a poor farmer

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: Snowpa] #6398069
12/13/18 10:49 PM
12/13/18 10:49 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Yes the amount of debt to assets in American Agriculture is very low. The below link does confirm that.

https://www.agriculture.com/news/business/farmers-debt-to-asset-ratio-is-deceiving-economist-says

Low debt does not make one wealthy if you can't pay the bills. Debt service is the key. The majority of assets on farms is land and land has to be sold to create cash or liquidity. all most all other assets the farms have have limited life and depreciating in value and thus land is used as collateral to borrow to maintain the needed productive assets, replace and repair buildings and buy the items to produce crops and animal products.
The one reason many will survive this downturn is that land is holding value and those that own large tracts of land have the huge advantage of buying out the smaller farms who own land but can't cash flow due to raising families, health care costs etc. If I have a lot of land and equity I can keep buying 10K per acre land because it goes on the books for the same value, my debt to asset ratio does not change much. If and when these land values take a real dive then many will be in very serious trouble. Smaller farmers have markets for their land and if the economy holds job opportunities but it is times like these that change the face of an industry considerably. Consolidation of commodity production is just another example of what is taking place in most industries and sectors with or without government support or inroads.

Bryce

Re: Permission to kill Yemeni kids hidden n Farm Bill [Re: FlyinFinn] #6398085
12/13/18 11:05 PM
12/13/18 11:05 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
I do not believe terrorism is enough to continue to operate our countries foreign policy in disregard of the Constitution.

how about Social Security? is THAT enough reason to disregard the Constitution?

how about the income tax? is THAT enough reason to disregard the Constitution?

how about tax courts where you're guilty until proven innocent? is THAT enough reason to disregard the Constitution?

btw...thank you for your service.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread