No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Fisher location #6399150
12/15/18 12:37 AM
12/15/18 12:37 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Do you find fishers close to houses very often? I have a tag and have a chance to set on a small rural wooded property close to houses, with a creek running through it. The land borders a farm on 1 side. Just wondering your thoughts as to whether it's worth going after fisher in this kind of setting or if a person should strictly focus on woodland that's very rural.

Do you usually only make fisher sets in places you've seen sign?

Last edited by AJE; 12/15/18 12:39 AM.
Re: Fisher location [Re: AJE] #6399163
12/15/18 12:54 AM
12/15/18 12:54 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
I’ve caught them 150 feet behind my house.... in the hardwoods....never seen a track...just let the pure quill pull them in. Iam in a neighborhood....and each house has 2 acres.....Just use a leaning pole set to keep pets out of it.... 5 feet off the ground. The creek ( actually called a stream around here) is a draw too.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread