No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406652
12/23/18 09:55 AM
12/23/18 09:55 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Moral of the story... follow Game Laws - dont like them the work to get them changed. Otherwise stay out of the Woods and fields.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406668
12/23/18 10:21 AM
12/23/18 10:21 AM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
Well I have a different take along with Danny. It is a Deer and hardcore criminals ie.. felons get less than a $28,000 dollar fine and the thieves and drug dealers are let off by the thousands. What man comes up with a value of $28K on a Deer. “Ridiculous” not advocating the violator for his wrong doing but really $28K and all these child pervs out here I think we have a screwed up society.

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: white marlin] #6406670
12/23/18 10:24 AM
12/23/18 10:24 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by danny clifton
28thousand for killing a deer? ridiculous. more car deer accidents every year. state is just mad cause they didn't get any money for it. since when does a state agency, and not the citizens, own a wild animal anyway?

the citizens have likely (legislatively) granted management authority to the state agency in question.

I'll bet Kansans have done the same.

And in some states they have done the same with rainwater.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6406672
12/23/18 10:33 AM
12/23/18 10:33 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Originally Posted by walleye101
What does being Amish have to do with this story? You don't often hear a story about some Lutheran who was over limit on fish, or a Catholic caught hunting without a license.

You're not very familiar with the Amish are you?

I am.

And I can tell you that I've never been turned down by an Amishman when asking permission to hunt or trap his property.

Here in southeast PA urban sprawl is terrible. Nearly every Dutch farmer in has sold out to developers in the last several decades. The Amish don't. They keep their farms and they buy farms for every one of their sons. If not for them the entire region between Philadelphia and Harrisburg would be one giant suburb. I am very grateful for their preservation of farm country.

They are generally very hard working people and extremely shrewd businessmen. I have had many business transactions and personal interactions with them.

I'm sure there are a few bad apples, just like any other group of people.

I find the bigotry directed at Amish and Mennonites whenever one of these threads pops up astounding.

Eh...wot?

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406673
12/23/18 10:34 AM
12/23/18 10:34 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Some were quite a problem when they flooded into se mn forty years ago

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: Mike in A-town] #6406679
12/23/18 10:42 AM
12/23/18 10:42 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Online content
trapper
white marlin  Online Content
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by white marlin
the citizens have likely (legislatively) granted management authority to the state agency in question.

I'll bet Kansans have done the same.

And in some states they have done the same with rainwater. Mike

as a famous person once said, "elections have consequences"...

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406682
12/23/18 10:46 AM
12/23/18 10:46 AM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Had a doe cost me $40,000.00 once. the wife hit it going 60 mph with my truck. wife made out ok but the truck and doe didn't fair as well.

jim
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406698
12/23/18 11:13 AM
12/23/18 11:13 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
He broke the law .Yes fine him but 28,000 ridiculous. As stated earlier felons don't get that much. I loved the comment in the article that "the deer deserved better" LMAO . It was killed . Period!! Deer was just as dead if it had been shot by someone that hung a valid tag on it. Deer didn't know the tag used had already been filled. Look up the court dockets and see just how many times this is done each year. Reporter just wanted to get the response he is getting because he is feeding off the fact the guy was an Amish plus it was a B&C deer. Where are all the stories of the countless does that are poached each year . Killed by some drunk business man just shooting deer to be shooting......

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406704
12/23/18 11:22 AM
12/23/18 11:22 AM
Northern Illinois
huntrap247 Offline
trapper
huntrap247  Offline
trapper

Northern Illinois
I agree the fine is ridiculous.

To me it just reiterates that big buck hunting is ruining a sport I once loved.

Some people refuse to see the truth when you bludgeon them over the head with it.

Member FTA-17I NTA
NRA Patriot life member
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406710
12/23/18 11:25 AM
12/23/18 11:25 AM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
Glad she wasn’t hurt and guessing you had full coverage so I sure hope you came out Ok. Here they are thick as rats at the chicken coop. We pay extra high car insurance rates in our county due to deer accidents. $28K absolutely shows how fish and game has gained so much power and they are not elected but hired and develop a culture over the years as they are “God” of our free ranging fish and game. Here Two audits in 3 years have found a “culture of abuse by the Ky Dept of fish and wildlife “ millions of dollars transferred to funds they were not allowed to be spent on, alcohol bought with tax dollars, social parties use of public equipment for personal use and the list is long. But hey you shoot a deer in season, with a legal weapon, but since you have killed one your fined $28K that is excessive and boosts the ego of government. How about $1,000 dollar and a week of community service or a reasonable judgement. Where does this over zealousness end $100,000 in a few more years???

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406715
12/23/18 11:30 AM

B
bleeohio OP
Unregistered
bleeohio OP
Unregistered
B

When I first saw the article, the fact that the guy was amish never even entered my mind. One, I like big buck pics, two, I've never seen anything close to a fine like that for a hunting violation. Like someone already said, if this were a doe or a spindly little buck, it probably wouldn't have even been an issue.

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: bluegrassman] #6406716
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
Originally Posted by bluegrassman
the state should have to pay the people and car insurance company's when "the states" deer jump out and hit there cars. they should have to pay the farmers for crop damage that there deer cause also. if they want to claim them as there deer.

This is a total idiotic reply. There’s nothing accidental about poaching as compared to a car vs. deer collision.
And as far as farming and crop damage goes; that’s just part of being a capitalist.

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: handitrapper] #6406726
12/23/18 11:40 AM
12/23/18 11:40 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by handitrapper
Originally Posted by bluegrassman
the state should have to pay the people and car insurance company's when "the states" deer jump out and hit there cars. they should have to pay the farmers for crop damage that there deer cause also. if they want to claim them as there deer.

This is a total idiotic reply. There’s nothing accidental about poaching as compared to a car vs. deer collision.
And as far as farming and crop damage goes; that’s just part of being a capitalist.

But is it really. Look at it this way. The deer belongs to "them " when it comes to making money from them. But if the same animal causes an expense they belong to no one. If a persons cow got out and you hit it with your car wouldn't you want the guy to pay? Same as if you shot HIS cow you would have to pay but if you ran you would then be arrested and fined. Just like the guy was for the deer......

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406729
12/23/18 11:41 AM
12/23/18 11:41 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
antler worship. pure and simple.

Antler worshippers are upset that deer was killed outside the rules laid out in their annual game dept bible. They are jealous that he killed that buck and they wont get to. Nothing to do with over harvest of the resource as there wasn't any. Jealousy only. Antler worship is one of the strangest religions on the planet. Most adherents claim its not a religion. Maybe then the right word is cult?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406731
12/23/18 11:45 AM
12/23/18 11:45 AM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
As I said before I don’t advocate breaking the law. It used to be where we hunted for fun and food and now it’s seems it’s a blatant competition amongst high testosterone with over egotistical fanatics leasing ground and ruining hunting for younger poor folks trying to raise their kids who now have to stay in their own yard and playing deer hunting on a video card.
We have a sad reality as only the truly wealthy could afford to hunt $28,000 dollar deer WOW, sounds like a soap opera.

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406737
12/23/18 11:50 AM
12/23/18 11:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
WHSKR, I don't believe in breaking the law either. Here in KS you can legally kill all the deer you can eat. Can catch all the Fish you can eat. Turkey a guy could eat more, spoonbill fish too. But we have plenty of game to go around. No reason in the world to poach game. Accept antler worship. I still think 28000 for a "crime" that didn't hurt anything or anybody is just a symptom of the Antler Worshipers R Us cult.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406740
12/23/18 11:53 AM
12/23/18 11:53 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I don't see the fine as ridiculous at all. I'll bet he doesn't do it again. In my mind, the point is not the deer per say. The point is it was done intentionally, dare I say with moral turpitude, greed and envy. This is also exacerbated by the fact that he tried to disguise it and cover his tracks. Obviously, before he ever pulled the trigger, he knew what he was doing was wrong, illegal and un-sportsman like but he did it anyway. I don't think it's to much of a fine at all for someone that so blatantly disregards the law. It's not about the deer.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406745
12/23/18 11:57 AM
12/23/18 11:57 AM
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
The deer don’t belong to them. The state. They are “Wards” of the state. The states F&W is there to regulate them and the laws.

Look at it this way; What if that deer was frequenting a property that you hunted. And you spent a lot of time trying to pattern that deers movements, so as to better your chances of legally harvesting it. Then some jack wagon gets greedy and poaches it. Would you still be ok with it?

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: Finster] #6406749
12/23/18 12:00 PM
12/23/18 12:00 PM
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
Originally Posted by Finster
I don't see the fine as ridiculous at all. I'll bet he doesn't do it again. In my mind, the point is not the deer per say. The point is it was done intentionally, dare I say with moral turpitude, greed and envy. This is also exacerbated by the fact that he tried to disguise it and cover his tracks. Obviously, before he ever pulled the trigger, he knew what he was doing was wrong, illegal and un-sportsman like but he did it anyway. I don't think it's to much of a fine at all for someone that so blatantly disregards the law. It's not about the deer.

Spot on!!

Re: Ouch, look what the guy had to pay for this buck. [Re: ] #6406750
12/23/18 12:03 PM
12/23/18 12:03 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its one hundred percent about the deer's ANTLERS. If he had poached a doe for food he might have lost his rifle and paid a small fine. That fine is so outlandish because it was done for ANTLER WORSHIP. The other Antler Worshipers R Us cult members are jealous. Now no matter what his punishment is, he can tell most of them he has killed a deer with bigger antlers than they have. Cult members hate that. Most of them probably think capital punishment is to light unless the big antler poacher is stoned to death by the other cult members.

He probably ought to fight that fine in court claiming it violates his first amendment right to freedom of religion. cult membership is after all a protected freedom in the U.S.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread