No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! #6406721
12/23/18 11:35 AM
12/23/18 11:35 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Well looks like the politicians are really in control. Any one who thinks your game and fish depts. are only looking out for wild life are living under a rock. Well here in Ky anyway.

https://www.14news.com/2018/12/19/ducks-videos-parties-part-scathing-state-audit-fish-wildlife/

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406760
12/23/18 12:19 PM
12/23/18 12:19 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
They apparently need to clean up their act, and this is not the first time ethics issues have come up. It's unfortunate because KyF&G does an excellent job of managing game populations and supporting hunters and trappers with reasonable regulations.

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: EdP] #6406766
12/23/18 12:24 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Originally Posted by EdP
They apparently need to clean up their act, and this is not the first time ethics issues have come up. It's unfortunate because KyF&G does an excellent job of managing game populations and supporting hunters and trappers with reasonable regulations.

Yes they do.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406767
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
It doesn't surprise me at all. I wish we had some kind of outside counsel or audit team come here to Ohio!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406774
12/23/18 12:34 PM
12/23/18 12:34 PM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
EDP I am not sure where you have been this is the second audit they failed and proved they illegally spent millions of public funds and for personal benefits in 3 years. They act as Gods of our game. We are battling them right now for our constitutional rights to hunt and fish public waters and public lands where they privately lease adjoining grounds and call the warden every time we hunt the public waters next to them to harass and threaten if we don’t move they will write us citations. Last time I didn’t move and took them to court to prove I was on public property. I represented myself and won the case and they can not stand it and are still harassing us everyone we hunt there. Better wake up!

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406803
12/23/18 01:04 PM
12/23/18 01:04 PM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
Try selling inedibles from the animals we trap I haven’t checked the law in a few years but used to couldn’t sell skulls claws teeth antler unless to a licensed taxidermist seems such a waste of the animals.

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406807
12/23/18 01:08 PM
12/23/18 01:08 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
It's a government agency. All of them are corrupt at every level. Nothing new here.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: Finster] #6406842
12/23/18 02:00 PM
12/23/18 02:00 PM
Kentucky
K
Kyt Offline
trapper
Kyt  Offline
trapper
K

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Finster
It's a government agency. All of them are corrupt at every level. Nothing new here.

People seem to think American government agencies are formed from space aliens --a race of sub-humans who stew in a state of unending corruption and never do anything worthwhile. That sounds like nonsense--because it is. Government agencies in this country are the glue that holds the package together. And they are made up of Americans from every corner of America who were looking for a job when they got hired . The same as every other worker in the country. In their ranks are many of the best Americans that ever walked this earth. And-- every variation of jerk you might find on any street or farm in America. Government agencies are a cross section of America , because it is a government "of the people, for the people".

I've lived in Ky. most of my life and been dismayed by actions and in- actions of KY. F&W over more than 50 years. I've known scores of their employees personally. Some of them I would trust my life with. Some I wouldn't trust with a biscuit. But during that time Ky. went from having no deer to abundant deer .From no elk to the largest herd of elk in the east. From no turkeys to abundant turkeys, no otters to abundant otters, few coons to abundant coons. Ky. went from a place where you had only possums and scared squirrels to hunt-- to the happy hunting ground. That did not happen by accident. It happened because many people at all levels in the Ky. F&W worked their whole career to make it happen, with little thanks and in spite of all those who think they are corrupt and worthless.

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6406871
12/23/18 02:43 PM
12/23/18 02:43 PM
Ky
W
WHSKR Offline
trapper
WHSKR  Offline
trapper
W

Ky
Yes it was exactly as you described I agree 100%. But somewhere along the line the culture in there has changed. Please read the audits by our state auditor. Especially the last two and read what all they have done in the past few years it is an insult to those you are describing who busted their arses to build those populations. Those folks had dignity and honor and expected that throughout the agency from top to bottom. I read the audits from front to back and whennto top superior are having the field personnel to take the state owned equipment to their private properties and dig ponds and lakes and stock them with public funded fish and they rig the draw hunts where F&W folks always get the elk permits and the best blinds on the waterfowl refuges and it continues after the audits they are thumping their noses at the very reason they have the jobs.
I will defend the way it used to be tooth and toenail but if you haven’t read those audits I urge you to do so. Please read them both as a Ky citizen taxpayor. I too for over 50 years have watched this and in the past 10 years something has changed and it stinks really bad right now if your out here on public waters and public lands.
Please please get a hard copy of these audits and not just read the headlines the meat is in the text.

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: EdP] #6406888
12/23/18 03:16 PM
12/23/18 03:16 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by EdP

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING!!! You can honestly say that after the deer regs where changed so dramaticly based on the donation given by Ky farm burea Ins. The deer season was extended from 10 days in the eastern region to 16 following the worst out break of blue tongue ever seen in the state. The F&W reported that over 1/3 of the deer pop in the eastern countes died during last summers outbreak.
I have several friends inside the F&W dept that are constantly saying the issue is that as more old timers retire (people who acutually hunt and fish) they are replaced by "college" grads . Some are from other states. One in particular that is part of the deer herd is from Ga. Their reasons for not seeing as many deer out in the fields are "they are back in the woods." But around here "back in the woods" is the front of someone else's farm. Not a swamp were they are safe. They had a goal of killing 200,000 deer this year. They extended the season by 6 days state wide. Allowing people to shoot does with a rifle in 9 new counties. Raising the bag limit to 6 deer total in 3/4 of the state with unlimited in the other 1/4. But still only harvested 140,000 so far.
The elk draw is another classic case of corruption. Funny how the commissioners son , Rich business men and out of state TV personalities always get tags. Every ask yourself how REAL tree outdoors and or Drury bros keep getting tags every year Publicity to get more people to pay the 10- 40 bucks apiece to apply for the draw. It was reported that 82,347 people applied this last season. times 10 bucks . That comes out to a cool 823,470 bucks brought in !!!!!!

Last edited by jbyrd63; 12/23/18 03:22 PM.
Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: WHSKR] #6406893
12/23/18 03:19 PM
12/23/18 03:19 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by WHSKR
Yes it was exactly as you described I agree 100%. But somewhere along the line the culture in there has changed. Please read the audits by our state auditor. Especially the last two and read what all they have done in the past few years it is an insult to those you are describing who busted their arses to build those populations. Those folks had dignity and honor and expected that throughout the agency from top to bottom. I read the audits from front to back and whennto top superior are having the field personnel to take the state owned equipment to their private properties and dig ponds and lakes and stock them with public funded fish and they rig the draw hunts where F&W folks always get the elk permits and the best blinds on the waterfowl refuges and it continues after the audits they are thumping their noses at the very reason they have the jobs.
I will defend the way it used to be tooth and toenail but if you haven’t read those audits I urge you to do so. Please read them both as a Ky citizen taxpayor. I too for over 50 years have watched this and in the past 10 years something has changed and it stinks really bad right now if your out here on public waters and public lands.
Please please get a hard copy of these audits and not just read the headlines the meat is in the text.

the ones you are talking about busting their butts are the ones I'm talking about that are leaving as fast as they can. Being replaced by the "all about me generation". In it for what they can milk from the system. Alot like career politicians !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................

Re: Ky F&W busted !!!!!!! [Re: Kyt] #6406951
12/23/18 04:37 PM
12/23/18 04:37 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Kyt
Originally Posted by Finster

People seem to think American government agencies are formed from space aliens --a race of sub-humans who stew in a state of unending corruption and never do anything worthwhile. That sounds like nonsense--because it is. Government agencies in this country are the glue that holds the package together. And they are made up of Americans from every corner of America who were looking for a job when they got hired . The same as every other worker in the country. In their ranks are many of the best Americans that ever walked this earth. And-- every variation of jerk you might find on any street or farm in America. Government agencies are a cross section of America , because it is a government "of the people, for the people".

I've lived in Ky. most of my life and been dismayed by actions and in- actions of KY. F&W over more than 50 years. I've known scores of their employees personally. Some of them I would trust my life with. Some I wouldn't trust with a biscuit. But during that time Ky. went from having no deer to abundant deer .From no elk to the largest herd of elk in the east. From no turkeys to abundant turkeys, no otters to abundant otters, few coons to abundant coons. Ky. went from a place where you had only possums and scared squirrels to hunt-- to the happy hunting ground. That did not happen by accident. It happened because many people at all levels in the Ky. F&W worked their whole career to make it happen, with little thanks and in spite of all those who think they are corrupt and worthless.
The bigger any government gets the more corrupt it becomes. ALL government is corrupt on some level. Don't put words in my mouth, I never said that everyone that works for a government is corrupt, you did. I have evidence that all governments are corrupt. It's called HISTORY. Point to one that isn't or wasn't …. I'll wait.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread