Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Beef liver bait #6408134
12/24/18 09:10 PM
12/24/18 09:10 PM
San Antonio , Texas
Y
Yotegiter Offline OP
trapper
Yotegiter  Offline OP
trapper
Y

San Antonio , Texas
I recently read on here that coyotes pass on beef liver and won’t eat it. I just had a friend give me a couple pounds of dried beef liver. I want to make a coyote bait, that they will eat. I thought I’d grind it, then reconstitute it with a combo of distilled water , glycerin , and bacon grease. Thought I’d add some castor also. What do you hardcore bait makers think? Is it worth it? Should I add anything else? Maybe asfedia?

Merry Christmas

Last edited by Yotegiter; 12/24/18 09:10 PM.
Re: Beef liver bait [Re: Yotegiter] #6409123
12/26/18 09:57 AM
12/26/18 09:57 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
well ask any rancher if the coyotes leaves the liver? Take some liver out and put it in a hole and see if your yotes will eat It. I have found that testing for my self reveals that a lot of they won't that someone state turns into they will for me.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Beef liver bait [Re: Yotegiter] #6409180
12/26/18 11:09 AM
12/26/18 11:09 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Originally Posted by Yotegiter
Should I add anything else? Maybe asfedia?

JMO..When getting animals to react to your bait/lure, this will give you many answers as to what you're looking for. Testing individually and in combination to achieve your final product. I would also recommend studying the animal you're looking to attract. Have an idea/know why and what they're doing as they react to the bait/lure, I'd test year round as well, rain and snow. Caution using expensive cams, especially if your testing on public land, unless you don't mind theft. Along with private property, it means nothing to some.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Previous Thread
Index