No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Illinois and taxes #6411312
12/28/18 12:48 PM
12/28/18 12:48 PM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
I could not imagine living there. I have yet to get my state tax return from those crooks! My accountant is doing battle with them over this, and now the government shut down. I am wondering if I will ever see it now, and it's almost time to let them steal some more!!!
A few weeks ago, my wife and I , went on a antiqueing weekend in Illinois. We met a lot of rural folks that were so nice, but cannot stand their state gov. I feel bad for the good folks who live there, away from any large city, yet are governed by big city interests. A really cool state, ruined by crooks, morons and freeloaders.
OK, my childlike rant is over for now.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411323
12/28/18 01:04 PM
12/28/18 01:04 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Any down stater I have ever talked to hates that state too! But whatcha gonna do? Kinda spendy to move elsewhere, and then it's likely just another set of problems.I have some cousins that were gonna retire to El-annoy but came to there senses' in time. Most of the tax money goes to Chicago, never to be seen again. No Personal; property tax there so a major portion of apt dweller here have Ill plates, Very high gas/tobacco tax so they all come over the river to buy here, and take them home to sell to friends. Stupid gun laws, I won't cross over unless I ABSOLUTELY have to!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411326
12/28/18 01:08 PM
12/28/18 01:08 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Isn't Illinois called the Land of Lincoln because they take your money on penny at a time.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411334
12/28/18 01:13 PM
12/28/18 01:13 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Federal govt is shut down but not the Illinois Dept of Revenue. One is federal, the other is state.

I am wondering if my Coast Guard retirememt check will be processed on time, since the CG is under Homeland Security. Our retirememt system may be in DOD.

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: Hal] #6411344
12/28/18 01:19 PM
12/28/18 01:19 PM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Originally Posted by Hal
Isn't Illinois called the Land of Lincoln because they take your money on penny at a time.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

If so, Lincoln should be on the hundred dollar bill.

If your mind draws a blank, turn off the sound, because ya can't learn a thing if you're doin all the talkin
Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411381
12/28/18 02:18 PM
12/28/18 02:18 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
The story goes that some people went to the bank at Old Shawneetown to borrow money to start something way up north. Story has it they refused the loan because they would never make a go of it. That loan was for the area now called Chicago. They did make some loans for some of the projects in Springfield, Which some call our capitol city, while actually many beleive Chicago is. The money trails all go to Chicago, but its all a secret, you have to know the secret handshake to get in, lol. In my 67 yrs. I still haven't learned the code. I have tried different tin foil hats to no avail. Even tried to leave once by doing the Hokey Pokey, but after I turned around I was still in the same place. Even tried standing on my head once while singing "Bottoms Up" ( but my wife ain't no Bonnie and I ain't no Clyde) We do go down in history for the last hanging in the state in 1928 they hanged Charlie Birger, probably pretty nice, clean living guy compared to our recent politicians. Still haven't learned the code for the Windy City. I do like the McDonalds they have over the interstates thou.

Big things do happen here still today. Just a while back some people hadn't paid the electric bill. Electric company goes out to unhook the meter and lo and behold there is 2 bales of something setting by the pole. Yep you guessed it Mary Jane. They had irrigation from local water co, (didn't pay that bill either). Long story short they collected 2 million dollars worth and that was little to what they figured had been hauled out. Pretty stupid making millions and don't pay the electric bill? Property tax owner was , you guessed it in Chicago. Some people was questioned (Spanish speaking) but don't think any arrest.

Still this is a pretty good place to live. My next move will be when my wife puts my ashes over by where I've buried 60 yrs worth of dogs (true friends). If I finish up right I expect to enter those gates. Hum must be a wall too?

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411416
12/28/18 03:02 PM
12/28/18 03:02 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Best move I ever made was leaving that joke of a State zero quality of life there!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: Law Dog] #6411430
12/28/18 03:15 PM
12/28/18 03:15 PM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Best move I ever made was leaving that joke of a State zero quality of life there!

Believe me, if it wasn't for my job, I'd be in the same area as you. But you can have all of the pepe's! Lol

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411435
12/28/18 03:22 PM
12/28/18 03:22 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by hrdtoflw
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Believe me, if it wasn't for my job, I'd be in the same area as you. But you can have all of the pepe's! Lol

The money is the big hook but you can have a better life on less, your paying more to make more really is all it's really is about. Yes I make less but have every thing I really need and not in a State that thinks I'm their servant. The skunks do help! LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411441
12/28/18 03:26 PM
12/28/18 03:26 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
As if we didn't already have it bad, the idiots up north just elected another lefty as Gov. I have already told my SO if he passes or allows a new gas tax to pass I am done. I will either go to Ky, or S Mo.

Once you get out of the northern areas this a great state. Lots and lots of good land for any outdoor activity. Some of the richest farm land in the world. Great waterways to enjoy also. Trouble is Chi town wants and keeps all the jobs up there. Many times people and companies have tried to open manufacturing and retail businesses down south. Can't work because of the taxes.

IMO the biggest joke here is the lottery. All it has done is take school taxes collected and gave them to the general fund for the danged politicians to waste. And it made multi millionaires out of I think 8 people. Those 8 are the ones running/owning the lottery.

However, I have yet to find any state that is perfect. I hate it, but for now I will stay.

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411469
12/28/18 03:53 PM
12/28/18 03:53 PM
Warren co Mo
H
hrdtoflw Offline OP
trapper
hrdtoflw  Offline OP
trapper
H

Warren co Mo
I heard at one time, Illinois was handing out IOU's to lottery winners! I never work in Ill. but the company I work for does. I work with several people from Illinois, that only work in Mo.! I just went to our county collectors office, to pay personal robbery taxes for the year. Personal propery taxes are the tax that never ends. What a crock!

Re: Illinois and taxes [Re: hrdtoflw] #6411526
12/28/18 05:21 PM
12/28/18 05:21 PM
Western New York
T
Tony1967 Offline
trapper
Tony1967  Offline
trapper
T

Western New York
Originally Posted by hrdtoflw
I could not imagine living there. I have yet to get my state tax return from those crooks! My accountant is doing battle with them over this, and now the government shut down. I am wondering if I will ever see it now, and it's almost time to let them steal some more!!!
A few weeks ago, my wife and I , went on a antiqueing weekend in Illinois. We met a lot of rural folks that were so nice, but cannot stand their state gov. I feel bad for the good folks who live there, away from any large city, yet are governed by big city interests. A really cool state, ruined by crooks, morons and freeloaders.
OK, my childlike rant is over for now.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

You could also change the heading to read New York and it would be exactly the same.....

Last edited by Tony1967; 12/28/18 05:21 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread