No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Dirt Bike Kit - Track and Ski. Anyone? #6421804
01/08/19 12:30 AM
01/08/19 12:30 AM
Homer, Alaska, USA
W
Wolverine Hunter Offline OP
trapper
Wolverine Hunter  Offline OP
trapper
W

Homer, Alaska, USA
Last night, I was over at my daughter and son-in-laws house. He is big into dirt bikes. He knows I am going to Alaska and looking for a snowmobile, snow machine, snowgo. So he starts showing me this conversion kit. You can basically put a long track on your dirt bike at the rear, and a ski in place of the front tire. Kind of expensive (starts at 3K) but cool as heck. Anyone out there actually use one of these before? Looks like it would take good balance. Might be kind of hard to pull a freight sled for trapping!!! But for exploring country and doing a quick check? Wow for fun.

Re: Dirt Bike Kit - Track and Ski. Anyone? [Re: Wolverine Hunter] #6421904
01/08/19 07:01 AM
01/08/19 07:01 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
No but back in the day I had a crysler snow runner you can YouTube it or f you don’t know what it is

Mine was one of the later ones so had more power and a better carb then the early version fun as heck but after they stopped making them parts dryer up and mine ended up being sold for scrap

Trapped off it for several years using a backpack to carry stuff worked ok for a kids get around and it would go just about anywhere though it would have been better with a more powerful motor and was best on lacked snow not so good on powder, especially with a full load out

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread