No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Interesting New Neighbors #6425987
01/11/19 11:26 PM
01/11/19 11:26 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
A couple of interesting new people have moved in to my area.

My late sister's place sold to a Korean conflict veteran who has a Doctorate degree in wildlife biology. He is quite a character.
Just happens to be a world recognized expert on bats. Does he have some stories about his travels while doing research work.
He was a sniper during Korea with 32 confirmed kills and 29 probables.
I could sit and visit with him for days.

The other newcomer is up the road a ways and is Marcos Costas, the 2017 PRCA world champion calf roper. He is a young man from Brazil and moved here with his new wife who is a barrel racer and from Brazil also. They seem to be really nice people but probably won't see much of them as they will be out competing on the pro rodeo circuit. After some injuries last year, he will be trying hard to win another championship and hopes to try for the all around title.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Interesting New Neighbors [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6425995
01/11/19 11:37 PM
01/11/19 11:37 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Neighbors like that are good to have. Practical, helpful in times of need , will naturally keep an eye out for each other's places . And have things in common that makes them thoughtful , with everyone on the same page of music

cool

Re: Interesting New Neighbors [Re: Sharon] #6426007
01/11/19 11:47 PM
01/11/19 11:47 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline OP
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline OP
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Originally Posted by Sharon
Neighbors like that are good to have. Practical, helpful in times of need , will naturally keep an eye out for each other's places . And have things in common that makes them thoughtful , with everyone on the same page of music

cool

Yes mam. Dr. Carter's wife Sigrid is also quite the character and for some reading you might check out one of her books titled "Amazing Women" by Sigrid Carter. I have met the other two surviving women on that journey.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Interesting New Neighbors [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6426024
01/12/19 12:02 AM
01/12/19 12:02 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Thank you for that reading info ! I do enjoy stories like that very much , adventures of life. I have made note - it sounds fascinating.

Re: Interesting New Neighbors [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6426046
01/12/19 12:23 AM
01/12/19 12:23 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I live in a very small town, it is amazing what some people have done before moving to town. Had a older guy that came in for coffee in the morning. Did not have it all together, mostly because of his age, nice guy. I ask him one day what he did for a living. He said he retired from the Navy, I ask what was his last assignment, he said a commander on a nuclear attack sub.
I did a mole job for his daughter and I ask her about it and she said yes, he spent 20 some year on subs. Just never know.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread