No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone have small logging equipment ideas/pics [Re: NE Wildlife] #6432030
01/17/19 10:17 PM
01/17/19 10:17 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Willy Firewood

If a guy has a tractor, an inexpensive way to skid logs is to get a 3 point hitch boom pole and attach log tongs on a short chain. Raise the end of the log and skid away. I did that for 30 years until I upgraded.

Good advice

Re: Anyone have small logging equipment ideas/pics [Re: NE Wildlife] #6432098
01/17/19 11:39 PM
01/17/19 11:39 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
160 user -

A typical species of hardwood that is cut around here is red oak.

A red oak log that is 20” at the small end and 24” at the large end and 16 feet long weighs 2,606 pounds.

A tree length log is about 50 feet. That is how they are cut for semi log trailers here. A typical red oak log measuring 24” at the base and 16” at the top and 50 feet long weighs 6,950 pounds.

And you are pulling “tree length” logs with “either a little Polaris 4 wheeler or my 700 Ranger”.

In order to save wear and tear on my equipment, can I hire you to skid logs for me?

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread