No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: McJesus [Re: tjm] #6429316
01/15/19 03:49 PM
01/15/19 03:49 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by tjm
However, I'm sure happy that I don't have to defend my God like the Moslems have to defend their's.
What an impotent God he would be if He needed me to defend Him.

Ronald is the muslim god?
The protestors and most of the commenters here seem to be defending your God against the art of pagans.

>> so I went and read the article again and found no mention of Muslims, how did they get into the conversation?

What? I don't think you got the point of my post at all, maybe I wasn't clear.
To start with it really wasn't about Islam, it was taking a little jab at Christians who feel it's necessary to try to defend God. Sometimes I like to try to provoke fellow believers into a little critical thinking.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: McJesus [Re: Chamacat] #6429330
01/15/19 04:02 PM
01/15/19 04:02 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Meh. I think it’s distasteful as art, but I’m not the type of Christian (or person) who goes around looking to get offended at every opportunity. Scroll on...

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: McJesus [Re: Chamacat] #6429336
01/15/19 04:07 PM
01/15/19 04:07 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Waggler, if you had said that you didn't need to defend God in the same way that some here believe they do, I would have understood.
The "artwork" in no way brings God into question. It's just a silly statue, art in the same way that graffiti is and for the same consumers . I'd have trouble keeping faith with an impotent God as well.

There was another poster bringing Islam into the discussion as well.

Re: McJesus [Re: Hutchy] #6429340
01/15/19 04:11 PM
01/15/19 04:11 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted by Hutchy

Comparatively, and for some real fun, put up a public image of Muhammed being crucified upside down in a Muslim country

You couldn't imagine the uproar

Where is the parallel?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread