No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Gary Benson] #6431675
01/17/19 04:20 PM
01/17/19 04:20 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Technically, a visa overstay is not illegal immigration. They came here legally, then became illegal when the visa expired.
What do we do about it? Well, nothing, apparently.
Detroit is 9.9% white population now. Chicago is 34% white. Houston is 34% white. On and on. It is so overwhelming by mass numbers nothing can be done, especially when those in political office refuse to do anything.
Some will scream white supremacy but statistics are statistics. I guess we call it evolution and deal with it.
I have a Mexican neighbor who came here when he was 18. He is now in his 30s at least. Married to a legal American and they have a child. He said it's not worth trying to apply for a visa as he has to send for paperwork back in Mexico, and it takes a couple years. I'd guess many illegals don't even have a birth certificate in their country of origin, but I may be all wet.
You know we're losing the battle, when Killery won the popular vote! We retained America by a very slim margin and look how our President is being slandered publicly without consequence.

A friend of mine had a meeting in San Diego, CA. He said on the street it was hard to find anyone who spoke English.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: sotired] #6431678
01/17/19 04:23 PM
01/17/19 04:23 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by sotired
82% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Is that 100% of the time? grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Rat Masterson] #6431684
01/17/19 04:28 PM
01/17/19 04:28 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
There are a few pundits on Fox that would compare to MSNBC or some of the other liberal news networks"Hannity comes to mind". I'll put it to the closet Libs on here name me one host on any network other than Fox that has a conservative host. I'll bet you can't.

I've brought this up on here many times with no takers. I can name a number of them on FOX. That's why it's fair to say FOX is more fair and balanced than the others.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Flipper] #6431705
01/17/19 04:47 PM
01/17/19 04:47 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Flipper
Only talking about the ones I have experience with not the total

I understand that. But you've got to understand that your experience in know way means this study is wrong, any more than my lack of ability to catch a coyote means that coyotes are rare in Nebraska.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431709
01/17/19 04:52 PM
01/17/19 04:52 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Flipper
Only talking about the ones I have experience with not the total

I understand that. But you've got to understand that your experience in know way means this study is wrong, any more than my lack of ability to catch a coyote means that coyotes are rare in Nebraska.

LOL, his experience just like anyone's can prove YOUR study wrong as they are guessing by pitching numbers up to the wind. What exactly is your point of this thread may I ask?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431750
01/17/19 05:52 PM
01/17/19 05:52 PM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
My point is if you have no experience or understanding of who they are you don't,t know nothing other than what the press tells you

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431784
01/17/19 06:23 PM
01/17/19 06:23 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
LOL, his experience just like anyone's can prove YOUR study wrong as they are guessing by pitching numbers up to the wind. What exactly is your point of this thread may I ask?

I'm afraid you're confused. Talking to hundreds or even thousands of illegals doesn't prove that most illegals get here by crossing the border illegally. Your sample size is too small. It's like catching 3 coyotes with fried chicken for bait and declaring that fried chicken is an excellent coyote bait. It might be, but you've not caught enough to make a decision one way or the other, all you've proved is that some coyotes are attracted to fried chicken. In the same sense, talking to hundreds or thousands of illegals isn't a large enough sample to prove anything. It just proves that the ones you talked to came over illegally by crossing the border. In other words, his experience doesn't dispprove this study, it just proves that the small sample of illegals he's talked to came by crossing the border illegally.

The point of my thread was just to show an interesting statistic. I didn't know people would get so upset over it, and for the life of me, I'm still not sure I understand why it would bother anyone so much, I've stated twice already that having 60 some percent get here by overstaying their visas in no way diminishes a need for a wall.

The numbers this study used are from border patrol/ice apprehensions, it's the best anyone can get for an estimate of how these people get here. Where do your numbers come from? Thin air, apparently, because you, along with everyone else that disagrees with this study, has shown zero evidence to show that the study being discussed here is wrong.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/17/19 06:26 PM.
Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Gary Benson] #6431889
01/17/19 08:03 PM
01/17/19 08:03 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Keep that blindfold over your eyes, and you won't see what's happening to our country! Carry on fellas.

These lefty's on here have never spent much time in any south western state or its borders.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: Trapper7] #6431894
01/17/19 08:08 PM
01/17/19 08:08 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Technically, a visa overstay is not illegal immigration. They came here legally, then became illegal when the visa expired.
What do we do about it? Well, nothing, apparently.
Detroit is 9.9% white population now. Chicago is 34% white. Houston is 34% white. On and on. It is so overwhelming by mass numbers nothing can be done, especially when those in political office refuse to do anything.
Some will scream white supremacy but statistics are statistics. I guess we call it evolution and deal with it.
I have a Mexican neighbor who came here when he was 18. He is now in his 30s at least. Married to a legal American and they have a child. He said it's not worth trying to apply for a visa as he has to send for paperwork back in Mexico, and it takes a couple years. I'd guess many illegals don't even have a birth certificate in their country of origin, but I may be all wet.
You know we're losing the battle, when Killery won the popular vote! We retained America by a very slim margin and look how our President is being slandered publicly without consequence.

A friend of mine had a meeting in San Diego, CA. He said on the street it was hard to find anyone who spoke English.

On another similar thread awhile back i challenged the liberals on here to take a field trip to east LA , i would give them $ 100 bucks for every American flag they seen. Of course no takers

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431897
01/17/19 08:12 PM
01/17/19 08:12 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

I'm afraid you're confused. Talking to hundreds or even thousands of illegals doesn't prove that most illegals get here by crossing the border illegally. Your sample size is too small. It's like catching 3 coyotes with fried chicken for bait and declaring that fried chicken is an excellent coyote bait. It might be, but you've not caught enough to make a decision one way or the other, all you've proved is that some coyotes are attracted to fried chicken. In the same sense, talking to hundreds or thousands of illegals isn't a large enough sample to prove anything. It just proves that the ones you talked to came over illegally by crossing the border. In other words, his experience doesn't dispprove this study, it just proves that the small sample of illegals he's talked to came by crossing the border illegally.

The point of my thread was just to show an interesting statistic. I didn't know people would get so upset over it, and for the life of me, I'm still not sure I understand why it would bother anyone so much, I've stated twice already that having 60 some percent get here by overstaying their visas in no way diminishes a need for a wall.

The numbers this study used are from border patrol/ice apprehensions, it's the best anyone can get for an estimate of how these people get here. Where do your numbers come from? Thin air, apparently, because you, along with everyone else that disagrees with this study, has shown zero evidence to show that the study being discussed here is wrong.

Good grief, your study is like all the rest, based not on fact but on estimated figures. Your study is not more relevant than the other pointed out. I haven't seen anyone upset that more illegals may be coming in through a different way than crossing the southern border. I think what has kept this thread going so long is the fact that we are astonished that there are no facts lol. Prove your pulled out of the air statistic is better than the other pulled out of the air statistic lol. We killed a bear but pop shot it.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6431903
01/17/19 08:17 PM
01/17/19 08:17 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I'll say it again more directly. The article was written to trick stupid people, who think all Hispanics are Mexicans. The article makes stupid people happy because it sounds like the problem of illegal aliens invading from the Southern border is shrinking because less illegal alien Mexicans may be entering the US. The reporters are counting on stupid readers not thinking of the hordes of Guatemalans, Ecuadorians and huge masses of other Central Americans, South Americans and Hispanic Islanders invading through our Southern border.

Mexicans, the people talked about in the article, are a subgroup of Hispanics.

Hispanic does not equal Mexican, even if stupid people believe it does.

There is no accurate way to count how many illegal aliens enter, live in, or leave the US.

Keith

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432023
01/17/19 10:01 PM
01/17/19 10:01 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
So, in other words, you all don't like the study because it some people may think it shows a lesser need for a border wall. Gotcha. At least that makes sense. I would say a border wall is still necessary, 30 something percent is still a large number. As far as the study being wrong, I'm not sure how many more different ways I can say it. I put forth a study to support something, and you all have disagreed. That's all fine and dandy. Studies are wrong sometimes, they can use for methodology, small sample sizes, skewed questions, etc. But here's the thing: Nobody has shown any evidence. Not a shred. Zip. Zilch. Nada. You're telling me it's wrong, but you're pulling it out of your butts, unless you can show me otherwise. Prove your point. Show me a study that shows a majority of arrested illegals crossed the border illegally. Show me statistics that most immigrants on visas go home. Show me the methodology used in the study and explain to me why it's wrong. Show me statistics from the border patrol/ice. Something. Anything. Be able to argue your point with evidence, instead of just telling me I'm wrong with nothing to back it up. Iff you can't support your position, then why would I even begin to change my mind?

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432025
01/17/19 10:11 PM
01/17/19 10:11 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Who cares about your study or any other for that matter.

Its been a serious problem for decades and if we dont take drastic measures now, it will become irreversable

Last edited by AntiGov; 01/17/19 10:12 PM.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: AntiGov] #6432028
01/17/19 10:16 PM
01/17/19 10:16 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Its been a serious problem for decades and if we dont take drastic measures now, it will become irreversable

I would agree that's it's a serious problem that needs to addressed. No arguments there.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432031
01/17/19 10:18 PM
01/17/19 10:18 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Here's what's happening here as I see it...

My position: most illegal immigrants are here by way of overstaying visas, not illegal border crossings.
My evidence: A news article that quotes a study.

Everyone else's position: your wrong!!!
Everyone else's evidence:. *crickets chirping*

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: AntiGov] #6432036
01/17/19 10:23 PM
01/17/19 10:23 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432039
01/17/19 10:30 PM
01/17/19 10:30 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
How would anyone know how many illegals sneak across the border? Over staying a visa is known number the other is a guess.

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432043
01/17/19 10:34 PM
01/17/19 10:34 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

My position: most illegal immigrants are here by way of overstaying visas, not illegal border crossings.

Only two other people on this entire thread sounded like they were sure you were wrong about most illegal aliens being here by overstaying their visas. Your reading comprehension is bizarre. Go back, read the thread and try to name 3, out of the large number who posted, who said they knew you were wrong.

Keith

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: KeithC] #6432048
01/17/19 10:38 PM
01/17/19 10:38 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by KeithC

Only two other people on this entire thread sounded like they were sure you were wrong about most illegal aliens being here by overstaying their visas. Your reading comprehension is bizarre. Go back, read the thread and try to name 3, out of the large number who posted, who said they knew you were wrong.

Keitn

Exactly!!

Re: Visa Overstays [Re: loosegoose] #6432130
01/18/19 12:08 AM
01/18/19 12:08 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Now I hear those crickets lol.....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread