No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Poll for night time predator callers [Re: Golf ball] #6432646
01/18/19 02:22 PM
01/18/19 02:22 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
Originally Posted by Golf ball
An exit wound would be determined by bullet selection more so than caliber.

I’ve not used a wide verity of lights while out in the dark, just an amped up old coon light ( 12 volt bulb and 20 volt batteries) for a little over 40 years. My experience may be limited but I’m pretty sure your not going to be able to identify a target past 200 yards well enough to pull the trigger. Add a red or green or amber or blue lens and that distance just got shorter.

My point is you won’t need the flat shooting tack driver you use in the daylight, but shoot what your comfortable with .
Good luck !

This

Re: Poll for night time predator callers [Re: Golf ball] #6433536
01/19/19 12:43 PM
01/19/19 12:43 PM
In the south central Pa Mounta...
grayfox54 Offline
trapper
grayfox54  Offline
trapper

In the south central Pa Mounta...
Originally Posted by Golf ball
My experience may be limited but I’m pretty sure your not going to be able to identify a target past 200 yards well enough to pull the trigger

With todays technology there are lights that light up a coyote or fox from 50 up to 300 yards that you can easily identify for a shot.

I don’t trap because I want to
I trap because I have to
Re: Poll for night time predator callers [Re: Vatrapper63] #6433544
01/19/19 12:53 PM
01/19/19 12:53 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
[quote Thinking of building a .204 Ruger in AR platform. What load are you shooting & how is pelt damage w/ it? How long is your barrel? I've heard the 204 doesn't buck the wind well at all but most of my shots are inside 150 yds. & wind is light to moderate at best.][/quote]

If you reload I would look into building that AR in 20 Practicle. Easier and cheaper to get the brass and they shoot very near the same as a 204.

I don't night hunt much at all, but when I do I use a 22mag and a 12 ga. with nickle plated BB's. Daytime the 204.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread