No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446702
01/31/19 11:42 AM
01/31/19 11:42 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Do you know the word for someone who gets in a gunfight over $20 dollars out of a cash register? DEAD. I'll take coward over dead any day.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/31/19 11:42 AM.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Staner] #6446706
01/31/19 11:46 AM
01/31/19 11:46 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Staner
You are right... if someone is going to be without a parent then you should leave your gun in the holster. In fact you, Loosegoose, should leave your gun at home behind lock and key.

If you do decide to carry you might want to consider increasing your firearms proficiency.

My firearms proficiency is up to par, trust me. Being proficient in gunfighting doesn't guarantee you'll win. Cops get killed by punks all the time. Soldiers get killed by illiterate goons overseas all the time. Surely we can agree that cops and soldiers have more training and are better at gunfighting than punks and illiterate goons, yet they still die.

Like I said earlier, the only gunfight you're guaranteed to win is the gunfight you don't get involved in. If you think you're guaranteed to win a gunfight because you're a good shot, have lots of training, or whatever, you might want to think again. Those things increase the odds, but there are no guaranteed outcomes. Fight for your life, but only if your life depends on it.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/31/19 11:47 AM.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446708
01/31/19 11:47 AM
01/31/19 11:47 AM
WI
W
WIgray Offline
trapper
WIgray  Offline
trapper
W

WI
Wow, really?? Just lay down then & everything will be ok. Open carry is easily gonna prevent more crime than any tax or fee is. I'd wonder how you'd feel about yourself when the dip robbing the place happens to put one in a kids chest that took too long giving up that 30$ I'm sure he'd retire from crime after getting away with that too knowing that it ain't worth the risk for someone to step up? He'd probably never think of robbing ur kid as he's walking down the street either because it's immoral?? Good luck living blind guy, if I can teach my kids anything it's definitely Not gonna be "Screw ur Neighbor because it's easier or safer for me". You don't have to be Clint Eastwood but u don't need to have that mindset either. A good benefit of open/concealed carry is that I Can pay for my gas safely & You will probably be able to as well as a Direct result of My open carry.
If u ever get lost in the woods just find a big tree & hug it, someone will come for you buddy, it'll be alright

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: warrior] #6446709
01/31/19 11:48 AM
01/31/19 11:48 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted by warrior
loosegoose, there's a word for you. COWARD

Probably a meaningless word to you but to good people that's an insult of the highest order.

Agree.
Loosegoose- it's not about "someone else's $30 in the cash register", it's about someone else's mother, father, child, etc. I love my family with all my heart and I don't wish to die, nor have anything bad happen to my family. Actually, the reason I carry is to help insure that. BUT, I have a duty as a human being to try to insure that for others, if the need arises and I am able.
Question for you- how do you feel about all the men and women in our military (past, present and future) that fight and die to protect YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? I bet you are thankful that they don't feel the same as you.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: WIgray] #6446716
01/31/19 11:50 AM
01/31/19 11:50 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by WIgray
Wow, really?? Just lay down then & everything will be ok. Open carry is easily gonna prevent more crime than any tax or fee is. I'd wonder how you'd feel about yourself when the dip robbing the place happens to put one in a kids chest that took too long giving up that 30$ I'm sure he'd retire from crime after getting away with that too knowing that it ain't worth the risk for someone to step up? He'd probably never think of robbing ur kid as he's walking down the street either because it's immoral?? Good luck living blind guy, if I can teach my kids anything it's definitely Not gonna be "Screw ur Neighbor because it's easier or safer for me". You don't have to be Clint Eastwood but u don't need to have that mindset either. A good benefit of open/concealed carry is that I Can pay for my gas safely & You will probably be able to as well as a Direct result of My open carry.
If u ever get lost in the woods just find a big tree & hug it, someone will come for you buddy, it'll be alright

You're all confused. I open carry regularly, the only reason I don't conceal is because I refuse to pay for permission for something that is my right. If someone puts a bullet in a clerks chest, me and my wife and kids are still alive. If someone tries to rob my kid, that's a different story. Pump em full of lead, or die trying.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6446719
01/31/19 11:52 AM
01/31/19 11:52 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
Originally Posted by warrior
loosegoose, there's a word for you. COWARD

Probably a meaningless word to you but to good people that's an insult of the highest order.

Agree.
Loosegoose- it's not about "someone else's $30 in the cash register", it's about someone else's mother, father, child, etc. I love my family with all my heart and I don't wish to die, nor have anything bad happen to my family. Actually, the reason I carry is to help insure that. BUT, I have a duty as a human being to try to insure that for others, if the need arises and I am able.
Question for you- how do you feel about all the men and women in our military (past, present and future) that fight and die to protect YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? I bet you are thankful that they don't feel the same as you.

The military signed up to go fight, and I'm very thankful for that. I didn't sign up to protect $30 dollars in a cash register, or other people, by my carrying of a gun.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446725
01/31/19 11:58 AM
01/31/19 11:58 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Well, you can't fix stupid.
Not worth arguing with you over this, so I'm done. I pray, that if you or your family is ever in need of saving, someone who is NOT A COWARD comes to your rescue and does what you refuse to do.
Good luck in life.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6446731
01/31/19 12:03 PM
01/31/19 12:03 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
Well, you can't fix stupid.
Not worth arguing with you over this, so I'm done. I pray, that if you or your family is ever in need of saving, someone who is NOT A COWARD comes to your rescue and does what you refuse to do.
Good luck in life.

You're right, stupid can't be fixed, and it's stupid to get in a gun fight if you don't have to.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446743
01/31/19 12:08 PM
01/31/19 12:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I had to put gun in hand twice. Thankfully didn’t have to kill anyone. Easy to say your going to draw on a man who already has a gun out. Hope you never feel a need to try it

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446811
01/31/19 01:06 PM
01/31/19 01:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Sheep, sheepdog and wolves is a good read and explains what is going on here with the not my problem outlook just sheep being a sheep really! Look it up on a wed search!

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446820
01/31/19 01:12 PM
01/31/19 01:12 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Sheep, sheepdog and wolves is a good read and explains what is going on here with the not my problem outlook just sheep being a sheep really! Look it up on a wed search!

I'm the sheepdog for my family. Hurt my sheep and you'll likely get bit and bleed out on the floor. But I'm not going to be the sheepdog for someone else's herd.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: loosegoose] #6446825
01/31/19 01:15 PM
01/31/19 01:15 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by loosegoose

I'm the sheepdog for my family. Hurt my sheep and you'll likely get bit and bleed out on the floor. But I'm not going to be the sheepdog for someone else's herd.

If you can live that then it's Ok with me it's just in me to look out for the sheep and other sheepdogs to each their own but the wolf is everyone's problem I'd look after your sheep if you were not around so think about that maybe.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: danny clifton] #6446828
01/31/19 01:18 PM
01/31/19 01:18 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I had to put gun in hand twice. Thankfully didn’t have to kill anyone. Easy to say your going to draw on a man who already has a gun out. Hope you never feel a need to try it

This. There's a lot more to a gunfight than standing square to an umoving badguy, lining up the sights, and sqeezing the trigger. You'll never outdraw the guy who's already drawn. Movement, cover and concealment, hand to hand combat, quick drawing, reloading, point shooting, shooting from uncomfortable positions, off-hand shooting, they all play a part. How many have practiced drawing and shooting while exiting a vehicle? How about walking backwards toward cover, and then loading and shooting with your offhand, while down on one knee? How about any other millions of ways you can train besides sticking a gun in your holster, and going to a range every once in a while? Half the guys here giving me a hard time are likely old and overweight and wouldn't have the ability to go hand to hand with some young fit punk with a gun for 10 seconds and would end up dead on the floor for their efforts.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446838
01/31/19 01:22 PM
01/31/19 01:22 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Wait for your time then make your move you giving a loser with so many problems super powers just because he has a gun when he is as confused and nervous as everyone else maybe more, if he was all that smart he'd be doing something productive.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: loosegoose] #6446839
01/31/19 01:25 PM
01/31/19 01:25 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Rats!
Sounds good tough guys. Think about this: you're a hero at the convenience store or whatever. Cops come in, see your weapon and empty magazine on you.

Don't be a hero at a convenience store, let the goon rob the place. The only guaranteed way to win a gunfight is to not get in to a gunfight. Unless you're defending yourself or your family, gun stays in the holster, turn around and run and live to fight another day.

X2

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446847
01/31/19 01:30 PM
01/31/19 01:30 PM
Maine
J
Jonnytrapper Offline
trapper
Jonnytrapper  Offline
trapper
J

Maine
...I'd look after your sheep if you were not around...

Certainly puts some perspective on it right there.

Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446849
01/31/19 01:33 PM
01/31/19 01:33 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
The 1st bill our new Governor will sign in is Constitutional carry she is a rancher that supports the 2nd amendment!

Lucky you! I have a feeling MN's new liberal governor will work hard to toughen up guns laws in MN. Thank goodness the republicans control the senate in MN.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446870
01/31/19 02:11 PM
01/31/19 02:11 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Loose goose is kinda correct on this

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6446873
01/31/19 02:17 PM
01/31/19 02:17 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Loose goose is kinda correct on this

I agree.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Might be hope for us! [Re: Law Dog] #6446895
01/31/19 02:43 PM
01/31/19 02:43 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
The 1st bill our new Governor will sign in is Constitutional carry she is a rancher that supports the 2nd amendment!

That is great news! Bet i know what party she aligns with, lol

Funny how some folks defend the dems when all ya have to do is look at their bills when they get in office.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread