No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
The Weiser defenders #6448151
02/01/19 09:14 PM
02/01/19 09:14 PM
Gillette, WY
L
Lobo Rojo Offline OP
trapper
Lobo Rojo  Offline OP
trapper
L

Gillette, WY
I see that the last Weiser lure thread got locked. I can't quite figure that one, since there were several people that had not received orders from him. I would hope this would be a great place to bring this to light so that other members don't get duped out of money and time. I was wanting some more input from all the guys that were on here defending him. I'm now up to a month waiting on a lure order. I paid for it with pay-pal, so the money was good. $300 worth. I thought I'd give it another week or so, which I have, and I'm still out my $300 and no lure. So I'm looking for suggestions from all you Andy lovers. He won't answer my phone calls. He won't answer texts or messenger. He won't reply to comments on his daily Facebook posts. So what do you suggest now? I have received several messages from various places saying I'm not the first or only one to have these problems so I'm open to suggestions.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448154
02/01/19 09:18 PM
02/01/19 09:18 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

I sure hope you can get your money back, or hopefully your order. I think you at least provided a public service, by letting people who aren’t blindly loyal have some insight on a supplier about their lack of customer service and poor communication. It will help when others decide where to spend their money.

I think in the locked thread, someone said they let Andy know people where “running him down” or something like that. Maybe they can contact him again and get you your order or a refund.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448163
02/01/19 09:24 PM
02/01/19 09:24 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Wow, that don't sound like Andy. I know he has had some health issues in the past, I hope he is ok. Sorry OP, for your predicament. Have you considered that he may not be well? Anybody out there that may know and can help the OP out?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448184
02/01/19 09:48 PM
02/01/19 09:48 PM
Nebraska
T
Trappercass Offline
trapper
Trappercass  Offline
trapper
T

Nebraska
I've always had great dealings with Andy. It seems odd reading all these negative posts

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448194
02/01/19 09:56 PM
02/01/19 09:56 PM
Pa
C
Cope23 Offline
trapper
Cope23  Offline
trapper
C

Pa
Customer service goes a long way in todays world....this reassures me that I make the right decision every time I place an order with the few trapping suppliers I deal with....no contact after a month is unacceptable...sorry to hear about this and and maybe he is to busy but a simple message to acknowledge or letter in the mail would be better then nothing..

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448203
02/01/19 10:01 PM
02/01/19 10:01 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Originally Posted by Lobo Rojo
I see that the last Weiser lure thread got locked. I can't quite figure that one, since there were several people that had not received orders from him..

I locked it because the horse was dead, everyone knew it, and it was still getting kicked.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448206
02/01/19 10:03 PM
02/01/19 10:03 PM
Montana
Taximan Offline
trapper
Taximan  Offline
trapper

Montana
I see that the last Weiser lure thread got locked. I can't quite figure that one, since there were several people that had not received orders from him. I would hope this would be a great place to bring this to light so that other members don't get duped out of money and time. I was wanting some more input from all the guys that were on here defending him. I'm now up to a month waiting on a lure order. I paid for it with pay-pal, so the money was good. $300 worth. I thought I'd give it another week or so, which I have, and I'm still out my $300 and no lure. So I'm looking for suggestions from all you Andy lovers. He won't answer my phone calls. He won't answer texts or messenger. He won't reply to comments on his daily Facebook posts. So what do you suggest now? I have received several messages from various places saying I'm not the first or only one to have these problems so I'm open to suggestions.

Why don't you file a claim with Pay Pal and get your money back?

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Taximan] #6448216
02/01/19 10:12 PM
02/01/19 10:12 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
I'd be thrilled just to get my money back

Originally Posted by Taximan

I wondered that same thing.

Levi
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: amspoker] #6448218
02/01/19 10:14 PM
02/01/19 10:14 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by amspoker
I'd be thrilled just to get my money back

I wondered that same thing.

Great idea!

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Taximan] #6448226
02/01/19 10:17 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA

You did not say what type of Paypal payment you used. You should be aware that if you used a credit card, you can indeed contact your credit card company and they will reverse the transaction which will charge the person on Paypal a 35 dollar fee. If you utilized your bank, your bank will reverse the transaction and restore the funds. For Paypal funds, you can file a claim or phone them up and see what they say is covered.

I feel for you as all of us have gone through this stuff. From this point on, make sure you have transactions covered by financial institutions which will handle things for you. For Christmas I ordered some things out of China on Ebay. Big mistake as this is the second time a fraud manifested out of China. Ebay though restored the money.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448227
pa.
J
jarentz Offline
trapper
jarentz  Offline
trapper
J

pa.
Andy always treated me good.

jarentz
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Trappercass] #6448234
02/01/19 10:21 PM
02/01/19 10:21 PM
kentucky,usa
wacotrapr Offline
trapper
wacotrapr  Offline
trapper

kentucky,usa
Originally Posted by Trappercass
I've always had great dealings with Andy. It seems odd reading all these negative posts

same here . I think he has top notch service. something is wrong , im sure he will correct it

AKA "Stoney"
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448253
02/01/19 10:35 PM
02/01/19 10:35 PM
PA
M
marathonman Offline
trapper
marathonman  Offline
trapper
M

PA
I guess I am just another Andy defender...I can't imagine he would stick anyone..has to be something else going on..

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448262
02/01/19 10:41 PM
02/01/19 10:41 PM
Minnesota, USA
B
BORGY Offline
trapper
BORGY  Offline
trapper
B

Minnesota, USA
Just file a claim to get your funds back and get your lure elsewhere. Good guy or not, it's just bad business. Hopefully the guy is healthy and just swamped.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448277
02/01/19 10:47 PM
02/01/19 10:47 PM
Kansas
KansasAce Offline
trapper
KansasAce  Offline
trapper

Kansas

My wife is a restauraunt inspector, and I got food poisoning
http://www.abileneoutdooradventures.com/
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448309
02/01/19 11:04 PM
02/01/19 11:04 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
IMO one of the very valuable aspects of this website is that it helps trappers know who they can buy from with confidence. There have been several venders over the years...from fur buyers, to board makers, to whatever, who were well known as "great guys" but yet were flat out cheating some/many of their customers. They got vetted here, over the whimpers of outraged buddies, and now everybody knows and can deal with those vender, or not, accordingly.

Likewise, other venders have shown from how they deal with complaints on here that they can absolutely be trusted, and would go to great personal inconvenience to make sure their customers are treated right, everytime. Thankfully, that list is much much much longer, and everybody is well served by this information.

Whether the OP can get a refund from paypay is NOT the point. He shouldn't have to!!! He shouldn't have $300 hanging out there for a month without the decency of a response. And he's clearly not the only one. I bet those of you complaining about him coming to this forum for a resolution wouldn't just roll over if you were the one wronged. Having exhausted other forms of communication and being ignored, this deserves to be posted and it deserves a response, and the fact that there is none is something fair for all to know..."great guy" or not.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: pass-thru] #6448317
02/01/19 11:09 PM
02/01/19 11:09 PM
Dunn County, Wisconsin
Jake1208 Offline
trapper
Jake1208  Offline
trapper

Dunn County, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by pass-thru
Whether the OP can get a refund from paypay is NOT the point. He shouldn't have to!!! He shouldn't have $300 hanging out there for a month without the decency of a response. And he's clearly not the only one. I bet those of you complaining about him coming to this forum for a resolution wouldn't just roll over if you were the one wronged. Having exhausted other forms of communication and being ignored, this deserves to be posted and it deserves a response, and the fact that there is none is something fair for all to know..."great guy" or not.

X2

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: pass-thru] #6448333
02/01/19 11:21 PM
02/01/19 11:21 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by pass-thru
IMO one of the very valuable aspects of this website is that it helps trappers know who they can buy from with confidence. There have been several venders over the years...from fur buyers, to board makers, to whatever, who were well known as "great guys" but yet were flat out cheating some/many of their customers. They got vetted here, over the whimpers of outraged buddies, and now everybody knows and can deal with those vender, or not, accordingly.

Likewise, other venders have shown from how they deal with complaints on here that they can absolutely be trusted, and would go to great personal inconvenience to make sure their customers are treated right, everytime. Thankfully, that list is much much much longer, and everybody is well served by this information.

Innocence until proven guilty should be paramount on your mind. As I respect the OP's dilemma, I cannot condemn someone, especially with great reputation, who may have fallen ill. Keep the tar boiling, but have the decency to wait until the verdict is in.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448342
02/01/19 11:26 PM
02/01/19 11:26 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Online content
trapper
bucksnbears  Online Content
trapper
B

western mn
This whole thing kinda saddens me but..
I've followed Andy's post for years and have always seen him as a stand up guy.
I WILl give him the benefit of the dought for now just hoping he's ok but if it shows he's been posting on other sites or Facebook during this past few weeks, I will loose all respect.
And I would do the same to my best friend!

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448348
02/01/19 11:30 PM
02/01/19 11:30 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
300 dollars worth of lure. I haven't spent $300 on lure in my lifetime. Must be good stuff.

Who is John Galt?
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread