No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
tow truck driver car guys question about ford f150 #6451914
02/05/19 04:45 PM
02/05/19 04:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
or any one who knows.

I have a 2004 f150 2wd yes that is a recipe for getting stuck when leaving the road.

I know there are specialty hooks that go in the holes on the frame , which one do I buy for the 2004 f150?

I cut fire wood at a friends farm and most of the time it isn't an issue but some times I get stuck and I need a little assist he has plenty of things to pull me out , generally a little tug from the skid steer is plenty and he is always running around moving bales with that.

today I backed up to my log pile just a little too far to pull another log off the pile and dropped both rear wheels into a rut filled with snow with a very full load of fire wood on the truck.

I have a number of tow straps and chains for skidding logs and such , but the 2004 F150 has only holes in the frame to attach to in the front , even the cross member is a no go with the transmission cooler on it

working with the tools I have I leave 2-3 logs on the ground in the wood processing area that is flat and next to the log pile I cut those up into rounds to put weight in my empty truck then I can pull more logs off the pile and cut them up and load them in the truck till I am full when I am full I pull a few more off the pile so that I will have logs to cut ad fill the tuck with weight again on my next trip.

the logs get stacked with the skid steer when we have falling days.

but standing on a pile of logs cutting with a chain saw isn't safe or fun.

I have a 4wd 2000 ford expedition also should my friend or one of his workers not be at the farm very rare but could happen my wife drives the expedition so I would call her to come pull me out.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: tow truck driver car guys question about ford f150 [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6452208
02/05/19 09:15 PM
02/05/19 09:15 PM
Waterville Minnesota
M
mudtracker Offline
trapper
mudtracker  Offline
trapper
M

Waterville Minnesota
There is a kind of t hook that we had on the wrecker chains that would fit into those oval holes in car frames. Been almost 20 years since I was doing that kind of work. Cant remember what they were called.

WHO MADE THIS MESS ALL OVER MY FLOOR THE MUDTRACKER WAS HERE HE HE HE
Re: tow truck driver car guys question about ford f150 [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6452672
02/06/19 11:10 AM
02/06/19 11:10 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
thanks , that is what I am looking for , I found them named mini J , R and T and there are some combos also R/T I just din't know which I needed.

I was out looking at the truck some more the 2000 expedition and 2004 have nearly the same bumper the plastic below the bumper is different , the 2004 f150 I may just remove that lower plastic or cut a slot in it because it will be in the way.

I will also check the local auto salvage it may make more sense to get some factory tow points from a salvage vehicle , the holes are in the frame to accept them

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread