No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: O.T. Remington chainsaw [Re: cci] #6451853
02/05/19 03:25 PM
02/05/19 03:25 PM
Berlin, Pa.
C
cci Offline OP
trapper
cci  Offline OP
trapper
C

Berlin, Pa.
Whats wrong with it? Mine was sluggish on the throttle and starting till i adjusted it a little richer. Runs great. I think they set them as lean as they can because of epa regs. I dont know if it will be around as long as my homelite Super EZ Automatic (1970s)? But neither will i.

Last edited by cci; 02/05/19 03:29 PM.
Re: O.T. Remington chainsaw [Re: cci] #6451891
02/05/19 04:15 PM
02/05/19 04:15 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I have two Remington saws (I think 4618s). I bought them new at Menards just a few years ago and believe they were around 200 each. I will never buy another saw that is not a Stihl, Husqvarva or Echo.....I now own a nice ProModel Stihl and should have gotten one years ago.

Re: O.T. Remington chainsaw [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #6451947
02/05/19 05:19 PM
02/05/19 05:19 PM
Berlin, Pa.
C
cci Offline OP
trapper
cci  Offline OP
trapper
C

Berlin, Pa.
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I have two Remington saws (I think 4618s). I bought them new at Menards just a few years ago and believe they were around 200 each. I will never buy another saw that is not a Stihl, Husqvarva or Echo.....I now own a nice ProModel Stihl and should have gotten one years ago.

What dont you like about them?

Re: O.T. Remington chainsaw [Re: cci] #6451956
02/05/19 05:29 PM
02/05/19 05:29 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Remington made chainsaws back in the 60’s. My grandfather bought one and they also gave him a Remington nylon 66 22 rifle with the purchase of the saw. The rifle is one of the best semi auto 22 rifles ever made, can’t say the same for the saw. My grandfather said, the reason the rifle came with the saw was, because after you ran the saw, you wanted to shoot yourself.

Re: O.T. Remington chainsaw [Re: cci] #6452053
02/05/19 07:26 PM
02/05/19 07:26 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
On the subject of Cinesium and chainsaws.
I bought a chainsaw grinder a while back. Looks just like the one that Oregon sells but a cheap Chinese copy. I knew what I was getting into from the get go and used it as a base for the grinder that I wanted. The tolerances were awful. The whole thing just hobbled about when ever ya touched any part of it. But the castings were ok. Thats the bit I was interested in. I made new buddies and bushings, Made a cam to hold the chain that worked wired the motor so it would run in both directions. straightened the motor shaft to get rid of vibrations. You know little things like that.
Was it worth it from a money perspective. Nope as i put more then 3 hours into it and if I had worked for 3 hours in my day job, i could have bought a top of the line Oregon machine. But it was worth it for me as like to tinker with stuff and it keeps me out of trouble. O bought the thing for 80 bucks and it can hold its own with any high end grinder out there. My runout it less then a couple of thou on tooth length and that will do for me.
The thing is that I knew that I was buying a hunk of crap. But that was all I needed to build the machine that I wanted.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread