No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital #6426344
01/12/19 11:50 AM
01/12/19 11:50 AM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline OP
trapper
goldy  Offline OP
trapper
G

minnesota
The second annual Minnesota Trappers Day at the Capital will be on Tuesday, February 5th, from 9:00 - 2:00 in room 400 south in the State Office building. If you want to make a difference, please come and join us. You can hang out with other trappers, and it's a great time to introduce yourself to your legislator and urge them to support trapping. When constituents make special effort to come down to the Capital it gets legislator's attention. We can help you get appointments with your legislators, or even go with you into a meeting if you want. Parking is easy. There's a parking garage just west of the State Office Building on Rice street and a pay lot west of the Capital itself on Aurora street. There's also free parking on the side streets to the west and north. The State Office Building is just southwest of the Capital, it's where the House members have their offices. We're expecting anti-trap legislation this session, so we need to make our voices heard.

http://www.mn.gov/admin/images/capitolvisitor.pdf

Last edited by goldy; 01/28/19 05:40 PM.

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6426365
01/12/19 12:21 PM
01/12/19 12:21 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Goldy have you the exact address so guys can map it in?
Thanks

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6427186
01/13/19 10:25 AM
01/13/19 10:25 AM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline OP
trapper
goldy  Offline OP
trapper
G

minnesota
I'll get it for you. Most just take !-94 to Marion street north. The capital is plainly visible off Marion.

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6427350
01/13/19 01:48 PM
01/13/19 01:48 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
I'll be there for sure. Think I have a car full.

Anybody need any help don't be afraid to contact me or Goldy.

Here is the address Jeff.

State Office Building
100 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard., St Paul, MN 55155

state office building

Last edited by Steven 49er; 01/13/19 01:49 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6428162
01/14/19 12:24 PM
01/14/19 12:24 PM
WI
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper
WIMarshRAT  Offline
trapper

WI
Good luck fellas. I hope you fill the capital.

Such an important opportunity for trappers to get to know their elected officials and vise versa.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6444610
01/29/19 08:08 PM
01/29/19 08:08 PM
Central Mn
the wife Offline
trapper
the wife  Offline
trapper

Central Mn
Here's a thought for you guys going... not sure how you make your presence known but a friend of mine told me a story from lobbying for one of the game bird bills a few years ago- Every guy who went dressed the same every time. Because of that, they stood out and in turn, their presence was more noticed.

Throughout your entire life, you will never see the same sky twice.
Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: the wife] #6444854
01/29/19 10:49 PM
01/29/19 10:49 PM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline OP
trapper
goldy  Offline OP
trapper
G

minnesota
Originally Posted by the wife
Here's a thought for you guys going... not sure how you make your presence known but a friend of mine told me a story from lobbying for one of the game bird bills a few years ago- Every guy who went dressed the same every time. Because of that, they stood out and in turn, their presence was more noticed.

I'm open for suggestions.

Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6445328
01/30/19 11:18 AM
01/30/19 11:18 AM
Minnesota west
F
Farming trapper Offline
trapper
Farming trapper  Offline
trapper
F

Minnesota west
Just a thought, seems we all have blaze orange shirt or jacket for deer hunting, that would definitely stick out.

Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: the wife] #6446187
01/30/19 11:18 PM
01/30/19 11:18 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by the wife

That's a good suggestion. I've been at the capital several times, I regularly saw groups there that were easily identifiable to which organization they were representing. Me, I'm a gonna wear my Sunday clothes, that just the way I am. I'd put a suit and tie on but my rotund figure doesn't look very well adorned that way lol. I'll think of something that will stand me out. Not much for wearing a cap at something like this but maybe a MTA cap.

The most important things trappers can do is show up. I know it's hard and people are busy but if one has free time or maybe a vacation day, it's important. The time for excuses like "dont like driving in the metro" or "it's too far" has passed. Events like this are important if we would like to maintain the privileges we enjoy. I've got a car full coming down from God's country. My buddy is coming and I'm also my young nephew and my daughter along to educate them to the process that is a democratically elected government.

If anyone is planning on coming I will reiterate to try and set up some meetings with your elected representatives. The time is getting short, I recommend calling over email, it seems to work better for me anyhow. If anyone is unaware of how to contact their representatives let me know I'll help you figure it out. If you are uncomfortable or feel intimidated sitting down with your officials we can help you out or I probably go along as support.

See ya all Tuesday. At least it isn't going to be 40 below lol.

Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6451136
02/04/19 07:42 PM
02/04/19 07:42 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Getting my stuff packed hope to see a good turnout tomorrow.

Re: Minn. Trappers Day at the Capital [Re: goldy] #6453188
02/06/19 09:40 PM
02/06/19 09:40 PM
Minnesota
Born Offline
trapper
Born  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
I am curious how things went Tuesday. Was there a good turn out? Were there any important issues discussed?

I would like to joined you all there but I just got back to work recently.

Help yourself.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread