No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Bigbrownie] #6448787
02/02/19 01:40 PM
02/02/19 01:40 PM
Dunn County, Wisconsin
Jake1208 Offline
trapper
Jake1208  Offline
trapper

Dunn County, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
If you like his products but are wary about getting burnt, order from a distributor who carries his line. In most cases the pricing is the same as buying direct.

He could have the best products in the industry, I wouldn't support someone who is taking people's money and burning them. I think I'll stick with giving my money and supporting good honest people in the industry.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: AntiGov] #6448788
02/02/19 01:43 PM
02/02/19 01:43 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

That's It In a nut shell.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6448792
02/02/19 01:50 PM
02/02/19 01:50 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Why are we ordering stuff from guys that are busy trapping in the middle of the season?

Nearly everyone of the suppliers are trappers. That is not a valid excuse unless its done like Lee, and he tells everyone he won't deliver during trapping season. Customers are more important than trapping, at least if you want a good reputation and future business.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6448799
02/02/19 01:56 PM
02/02/19 01:56 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by Lobo Rojo
I see that the last Weiser lure thread got locked. I can't quite figure that one, since there were several people that had not received orders from him..

I locked it because the horse was dead, everyone knew it, and it was still getting kicked.

Amen

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: BigSky] #6448803
02/02/19 02:03 PM
02/02/19 02:03 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by BigSky
I messaged his partner a week ago and she said he was “out of bags” and that several are waiting. He knows darn well what’s going on. The only fools in this are those that keep sticking up for him.

And bigger fools who have an axe to grind keep picking away . He has no partner

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448820
02/02/19 02:25 PM
02/02/19 02:25 PM
VA
V
vatrapping87 Offline
trapper
vatrapping87  Offline
trapper
V

VA
Has anyone contacted him on Facebook about this post, Im sure we would all like to hear his two cents. Don't hang the man before the trial.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6448830
02/02/19 02:38 PM
02/02/19 02:38 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Why are we ordering stuff from guys that are busy trapping in the middle of the season?

They better question would be why are they selling stuff if they are too busy to fill orders...

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6448854
02/02/19 03:21 PM
02/02/19 03:21 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
I always wonder the same thing, a guy that I bought my bait business from said " get ready they will call you up just to hear you breath" laugh. Ms. V and I still laugh silly about it. That said she is way better at sales than myself. " I guess I sugar coat stuff or something like that. Good luck to all involved.

Let me sugar coat this
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448871
02/02/19 03:55 PM
02/02/19 03:55 PM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
Im sure andy will make it right. I do see on here and the old thread other people makeing there own sales pitches

There i said it....
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6448876
02/02/19 04:00 PM
02/02/19 04:00 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
His silence speaks volumes about the man.
I'm out of here.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456186
02/09/19 07:12 PM
02/09/19 07:12 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Life happens it's too bad things go this way, but it seems like a revolving door with lure makers once they hit the big time. I've only met Andy once in person but I can say I never felt like I got a sales pitch thrown at me. From what I could tell he was a stand up guy. This day and age though there's no excuse for not keeping customers up to date on issues you're having especially if you're still accepting their money. That's just bad business. I know he's been very active on the line this year and it looks as though his last login here was in October of last year. Maybe Andy just wants to be Andy again. Can't really defend him with that many issues though as him and his new trapping partner (she's a gal from Nebraska) having been posting multiple times daily on Facebook.

I have certain people that I buy lure from these days that I can rely on, and their product speaks for itself (I usually don't drag their names into these types of threads, but he already posted) Travc gets my business every year. He's up front about when he can get to the post office as he's killing coyotes year around, and I am fine waiting as he's dependable. Certain lure makers you can't even put into a light that doesn't align with heaven (see what I did there) without a thread getting axed with legitimate concerns. I remember a cowboy named Casey Payne taking the lure business by storm for a year or two, and then poof he's gone.....I'm glad some posts such as this one get to go through because what it all comes down to is I am spending money on a product, and it's like anything else in this world I'd like to know up front what I'm doing.

I've worked around a number of criminals in my lifetime, and the last six I've spent with some of the best Nebraska has to offer in the prison system. Some "lure makers" guys off the street trying to promote a product and even a few of the big names have swindled more money out of honest people than many of the inmates that spend 23 hours a day behind bars. I know a lot of people won't like my opinion but I guess if I can't say what's been my experience I don't have much left to say. The trapping world specifically a good number of lure makers most of which are born in a garage (and about three of the big names I cancount off my head) are some of the best con-men I've met. It's sad I have to say that as trapping is really a big part of my life, but it's about as corrupt as any enterprise I've been involved in.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456201
02/09/19 07:24 PM
02/09/19 07:24 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
wow

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456229
02/09/19 07:51 PM
02/09/19 07:51 PM
Northern Missouri
Northmocats Offline
trapper
Northmocats  Offline
trapper

Northern Missouri
I've Ordered from Andy more then Once... Everytime I got my order ,in addition almost always something extra. Did some take longer then others yes... I Never worried about it, cause I usually order before trapping season starts. Some of the Best Coyote Urine I've purchased period, always concentrated. Its Montana's trapping season and the guy is no doubt busy laying steel for coyotes and wolves.
Andy's lures can be purchased on a few vendors websites , You should expect this to be his slow time if Ordering Directly IMO.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: WadeRyan] #6456244
02/09/19 08:05 PM
02/09/19 08:05 PM
nunya,ks
T
tbn Offline
trapper
tbn  Offline
trapper
T

nunya,ks

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Life happens it's too bad things go this way, but it seems like a revolving door with lure makers once they hit the big time. I've only met Andy once in person but I can say I never felt like I got a sales pitch thrown at me. From what I could tell he was a stand up guy. This day and age though there's no excuse for not keeping customers up to date on issues you're having especially if you're still accepting their money. That's just bad business. I know he's been very active on the line this year and it looks as though his last login here was in October of last year. Maybe Andy just wants to be Andy again. Can't really defend him with that many issues though as him and his new trapping partner (she's a gal from Nebraska) having been posting multiple times daily on Facebook.

I have certain people that I buy lure from these days that I can rely on, and their product speaks for itself (I usually don't drag their names into these types of threads, but he already posted) Travc gets my business every year. He's up front about when he can get to the post office as he's killing coyotes year around, and I am fine waiting as he's dependable. Certain lure makers you can't even put into a light that doesn't align with heaven (see what I did there) without a thread getting axed with legitimate concerns. I remember a cowboy named Casey Payne taking the lure business by storm for a year or two, and then poof he's gone.....I'm glad some posts such as this one get to go through because what it all comes down to is I am spending money on a product, and it's like anything else in this world I'd like to know up front what I'm doing.

I've worked around a number of criminals in my lifetime, and the last six I've spent with some of the best Nebraska has to offer in the prison system. Some "lure makers" guys off the street trying to promote a product and even a few of the big names have swindled more money out of honest people than many of the inmates that spend 23 hours a day behind bars. I know a lot of people won't like my opinion but I guess if I can't say what's been my experience I don't have much left to say. The trapping world specifically a good number of lure makers most of which are born in a garage (and about three of the big names I cancount off my head) are some of the best con-men I've met. It's sad I have to say that as trapping is really a big part of my life, but it's about as corrupt as any enterprise I've been involved in.

Pretty much.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456260
02/09/19 08:20 PM
02/09/19 08:20 PM
ohio physically, mentally unkn...
SkunkQuillWant Offline
trapper
SkunkQuillWant  Offline
trapper

ohio physically, mentally unkn...
Here are some tips........

Pay by credit card. If he gets over 1 percent chargeback, they will close his account

Turn people into the BBB , although they have no power, sometimes they can scare someone

Next , turn them into the attorney general. They have unlimited power. If someone gets 3 or 4 complains, defrauding the elderly or disabled, they don't play around.

You could also be dealing with mail fraud. Postal inspectors have the right to turn off someones mail box if fraud is going on, you can file a complaint with this department.

Unfornately a lot of these things are used against honest people, by crooks to get free stuff, and also by competitors to smear others reputations. You can easily make a million online nowdays in sales selling mid range consumer products if you put your mind to it. With the big profits , comes some creative competitors and shysters.

Also.. you could call the local sheriff or police department. If someone is ripping off the elderly, they pay special attention to that.

Call the person up, let them know your rights. If they won't make it right after that, unfortunately small businesses are very vulnerable. I once had AMEX tell me, if you go to a restaurant, and return the leftovers in a bag, AMEX would give you a refund.

I had a lady do a chargeback on me, she bought a coffee Pot. She did a charge back stating it was up on a shelf 12 feet high, and she could not use it. They took my $, and I never got the product back. This happens over and over with online businesses. It's very rough.

There are a lot of other nasty things you can do, but.. I won't even go there.

Looking to purchase Skunk Quill 740 544 6513
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456283
02/09/19 08:40 PM
02/09/19 08:40 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Personally, If a well known lure maker ripped me off...I would find him at a convention, and settle up there.

Member - FTA
Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: WadeRyan] #6456301
02/09/19 08:58 PM
02/09/19 08:58 PM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456304
02/09/19 08:59 PM
02/09/19 08:59 PM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington
Has he been dealing with my fur buyer?

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: WadeRyan] #6456490
02/09/19 11:48 PM
02/09/19 11:48 PM
SE Montana
B
BigSky Offline
trapper
BigSky  Offline
trapper
B

SE Montana

Well put.....yet there are still those that defend this him and lay blame at us who have lost funds. I don’t get it.

Re: The Weiser defenders [Re: Lobo Rojo] #6456652
02/10/19 08:15 AM
02/10/19 08:15 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
not defending Andy but are you in the lure biz big sky?i figured Andy would have made you eat crow by now.i don't know all the details which i believe are many but nothing i hate to see worse than infighting amongst ourselves.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread