No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463006
02/16/19 07:01 AM
02/16/19 07:01 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Whoa a few more Godless on this site then I expected. This country has been in this course for quite sometime. Shouldn't surprise me.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463054
02/16/19 08:30 AM
02/16/19 08:30 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
That's the way to remind people your god is a loving father. Remind them Christianity teaches that failure to believe will get you set on fire to burn for eternity by your loving heavenly father. Just because the idea of a man surviving 3 days in the belly of a great fish sounds ridiculous you better believe it or get set on fire.

Don't forget he created satan just to tempt and deceive you. Otherwise he wouldn't have anybody to torture.

If you get bored put a bowl of candy in the living room. Tell your kids not to eat any then leave the room. Spy through the keyhole so that when they eat a piece you can beat them severely. Remind them for the rest of your life that they are disobedient and only your mercy keeps you from setting them on fire.

Last edited by danny clifton; 02/16/19 08:31 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: danny clifton] #6463058
02/16/19 08:36 AM
02/16/19 08:36 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by danny clifton
That's the way to remind people your god is a loving father. Remind them Christianity teaches that failure to believe will get you set on fire to burn for eternity by your loving heavenly father.

Don't forget he created satan just to tempt and deceive you. Otherwise he wouldn't have anybody to torture.

If you get bored put a bowl of candy in the living room. Tell your kids not to eat any then leave the room. Spy through the keyhole so that when they eat a piece you can beat them severely. Remind them for the rest of your life that they are disobedient and only your mercy keeps you from setting them on fire.

Your theology's a little off. God doesn't send us to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). God desires a relationship with us, and our sin separates us from God. Doesn't matter if it's a big sin or a little sin, God's standard is perfection, and none of us can meet that standard. That's why Jesus had to die, He took the punishment that we deserved so that we can present ourselves to God as sinless. So God doesn't send us to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), we send ourselves there.
God didn't create Satan to temp us. Satan was an angel who desired to be like God, and rebelled and left God. God created him as an angel, and then he left later in the scene.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463120
02/16/19 09:37 AM
02/16/19 09:37 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
So god doesn't know the future? kinda puts a big question mark on revelations then.

If your god doesn't really want to torture people then why would he? Doesn't he make the rules?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463130
02/16/19 09:43 AM
02/16/19 09:43 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
No.

-Goofy-
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6463378
02/16/19 02:09 PM
02/16/19 02:09 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
[quote=kjcouchey]Science has yet to explain creation of the universe itself. Cant create something from nothing. And the big bang theory, creation of life is so far fetched there can be no other conclusion than a divine creator. You can throw materials together as long as you want and you will not create life. I Christianity and Science go together. Back to Noah, How do we find Skeletons of ancient sea animals on mountain sides?

We know the big bang happened because we can still see the light from it, we can literally see the big bang, no matter how hard ive looked ive yet to see God. Life is chemicals, the right combination of chemicals and you have life, a billion years of various chemicals mixing under various temps and conditions and you get single cell life.

Where did the chemicals come from? Let me know when you throw chemicals together and life just jump-starts itself. Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: PAskinner] #6463382
02/16/19 02:15 PM
02/16/19 02:15 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by PAskinner

Where did the chemicals come from? Let me know when you throw chemicals together and life just jump-starts itself. Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

This. It may seem silly to think that all animals on earth came from just two of each "kind" after a big flood. I get that. But it's even sillier to think that all the animals on earth came from a non-living thing. One of the basic rules of biology is that life doesn't come from non-life.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463411
02/16/19 02:49 PM
02/16/19 02:49 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I looked around space and saw no God.

Was it true that Yuri Gagarin was a devout Christian and someone else put those famous words in his mouth?

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: Foxpaw] #6463419
02/16/19 03:00 PM
02/16/19 03:00 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Was it true that Yuri Gagarin was a devout Christian and someone else put those famous words in his mouth?

You can look for God and not find him. God doesn't honor the casual observer. God puts it into some men's hearts to seek after him, others he lets go along their way.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463428
02/16/19 03:14 PM
02/16/19 03:14 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Jellyfish have been surviving forever with no brains, so maybe humans will have a chance.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: Foxpaw] #6463437
02/16/19 03:26 PM
02/16/19 03:26 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

A Soviet cosmonaut representing a State whose national doctrine was atheism makes that statement.

I'm shocked.

However, It's also reported that he never said those words.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463461
02/16/19 03:50 PM
02/16/19 03:50 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
It boils down to accountability and pride.

IM MY OWN BOSS! YOU AINT GONNA TELL ME!

The Bible says we all have the same evidence of GODs existence. The Bible says we all know the truth (that being Gods truth).

He makes Himself visible right here in our every day lives (proof of creation). No need to look to space for proof! They are looking in space to disprove God (if we can just find life). Macro evolution: not a lick of proof (none)! Micro evolution: happens every second! So the will use micro evolution to validate macro evolution. Carbon dating is a joke at best! Global warming or climate change? Please, make your minds up already. Do we have 10, 20, or a million years before we destroy the earth? God says He will destroy the earth (not us)! So, all we have to do is mix a few chemicals out in space and we could create life? Do you realize there are an infinite combinations of chemicals that if we're changed just one degree that life would cease to exist here on earth?

Well

You are your own boss and their sure ain't nobody a telling you squat! Good luck with that one. But if you run into me either electronically or in person your most likely gonna get the cold hard truth! Your a worthless reprobate just like everyone else fixing to die and burn in H3ll unless you repent and trust in Jesus Christ and His SHED BLOOD as your payment for your sin. This way your blood will not be found on my hands when I meet our maker! He will ask you why you didn't repent and accept him on your judgment day (you won't be able to say i didn't tell you. I'm shooting for a "job well done my good and faithful servant".

Good luck and love you all!

Last edited by brianmall; 02/16/19 03:52 PM.
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463464
02/16/19 03:54 PM
02/16/19 03:54 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
Lol

Don't worry

A.O.C. is here to save us all! I'm sure she has a plan to save you.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463479
02/16/19 04:16 PM
02/16/19 04:16 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline OP
trapper
wetdog  Offline OP
trapper

perry co.Pa
Sometimes the people who need the most help will not accept it until it's to late

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: loosegoose] #6463505
02/16/19 05:00 PM
02/16/19 05:00 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by PAskinner

This. It may seem silly to think that all animals on earth came from just two of each "kind" after a big flood. I get that. But it's even sillier to think that all the animals on earth came from a non-living thing. One of the basic rules of biology is that life doesn't come from non-life.

That is not a rule of biology. If someone produced single cell life tomorrow from nothing but chemicals you would still say "well thats just single cell life that doesnt prove anything". I get it, there is nothing that can be said that could convince you there is no god because you rely on faith and that is probably a good thing for you! Just dont act so sure of yourself to the rest of us who choose to believe evidence that counters your faith.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463508
02/16/19 05:05 PM
02/16/19 05:05 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
You guys do fully understand the "you cant get something from nothing" argument goes both ways right?

There are things we do not understand but because some things are not wrapped up neatly with a bow on top it does not provide evidence to back claims of a God.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463511
02/16/19 05:12 PM
02/16/19 05:12 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
So when was the newest species of deer or bear created? If rhinos are almost extinct, how come evolution isn’t making more of them? How come mammoth’s and dinosaurs haven’t repopulated the Earth yet since they just grow from nothing? Sometimes I think about things like that.

Cold as ice!
Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463512
02/16/19 05:14 PM
02/16/19 05:14 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Creating life from non-life is called abiogenesis. This is the Wikipedia article about it. It's the idea that life was started from non-living things. There are all kinds of theories about how it could work, you can read about them in the article if you'd like. None of them have ever gotten close to recreating any sort of thing resembling life, that is the important thing to take away. Scientists can create experiments that can produce complex organic compounds, but organic compounds aren't life. The idea that life can come from non-life is on it's face ridiculous. Saying life came here came here from other planets still doesn't explain how that life got started. For abiogenesis to be true, you must believe that some chemicals kinds sorta accidentally by chance mixed together in just the right way, under just the right conditions, and didn't get destroyed, and somehow started reproducing themselves, and on and on and on, and eventually those chemicals were suddenly alive, and then they turned into multiple celled organisms, and then the just kinds sorta accidentally by chance turned in to you, and me, and coyotes, and eagles, and trees, and whales, and on and on and on. All by accident, just by random chance.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: wetdog] #6463548
02/16/19 06:27 PM
02/16/19 06:27 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
In the hundreds of thousands of years modern humans have been on earth we never came close to making a nuclear reaction, then in a sudden burst of research and knowledge we not only created a nuclear reaction we harnessed its power into both weapons and electricity. That is how these things work. Because we currently lack understanding of certain phenomenon it is not evidence to support your faith. I am glad you have faith but it is just that as there is a lack of evidence to support it being anything more than that.

Re: Are we reliving the days of Noah? [Re: danny clifton] #6463559
02/16/19 06:40 PM
02/16/19 06:40 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
That's the way to remind people your god is a loving father. Remind them Christianity teaches that failure to believe will get you set on fire to burn for eternity by your loving heavenly father. Just because the idea of a man surviving 3 days in the belly of a great fish sounds ridiculous you better believe it or get set on fire.

Men made up this myth of eternal punishment after death to control other men during their lives. Religion is mostly about controlling other people by using God's punishment as a threat and heaven as a reward.

Keith

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread