No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Kill bar thoughts #6475793
02/27/19 10:22 PM
02/27/19 10:22 PM
Louisiana
M. Howard Offline OP
trapper
M. Howard  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
Foregive me if this has been discussed 2,500 times already. What are your thoughts on the use of kill bars. I know the BMPs call for 500 second dispatch time and I personally want to use 490 seconds of that to get my beaver to kick out down the trail, slide or run. I keep hearing that the kill bar does exactly what it is supposed too and kills them right way. Is this accurate? I’ve heard that majority of beaver and otter taken with kill bars are laid where the trap was set.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote!

http://www.louisianatrappers.com/index.html
Re: Kill bar thoughts [Re: M. Howard] #6475816
02/27/19 10:40 PM
02/27/19 10:40 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
No idea about kill bars. I see where they could come in handy as to not spooking nearby beavers with a quick kill if trapping near deep water.
I'm with you in that I want them to flop out of the way and then out of sight.

I have a MP1216 that is new and has never been set. Like to trade. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Kill bar thoughts [Re: M. Howard] #6475958
02/28/19 04:21 AM
02/28/19 04:21 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
washington state did a study many years ago

Contact Bruce at the wsta and he could give you were to go

I own many of the traps that were used,,,,,,, I see a small difference in dispatch,,,,, but a big difference on fingers..............

easy to add.........

They do make for a tighter jaw for tail catches,..............

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread