No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477478
03/01/19 04:42 PM
03/01/19 04:42 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I smell a rat.

Theodor Seuss Geisel, was an ardent patriot and anti-nazi. To the point of scathing editorial cartoons that called out folks like Joe Kennedy and Charles Lindbergh as nazi sympathizers.

Methinks modern day nazis are at work here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477490
03/01/19 04:55 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
He was the creator of the SNAFU videos for the military in WW2.

Re: Racist [Re: RM trapper] #6477491
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by RM trapper
I'm married to a African American woman, was high school sweethearts and been together now 16 years. We have 3 beautiful biracial kids that are celebrating Dr Suess week at school. I am shocked at how stupid people are. We are in a small predominantly white town but we never see any racism. I guess if you constantly looked for something you would eventually find something to twist to make it racist. I thought we were past this 20 year's ago but the people who supposedly want it stopped are the very ones keeping it fueled. Ignorance

You nailed it RM. I think racism is not nearly as huge a problem as certain very small, but very vocal, factions would have us believe.

Eh...wot?

Re: Racist [Re: loosegoose] #6477503
03/01/19 05:05 PM
03/01/19 05:05 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Martin Luther's dream was that one day all men would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. We're never going to get to a place where skin color doesn't matter if a certain group of people keep making skin color matter.

That seems to be the whole point - if racism goes away, some people would have to fall back on something else.
In today's America the new "poor pitiful me" position is either offended, outraged or a victim - or a combination of any of those social disasters.

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477507
03/01/19 05:11 PM
03/01/19 05:11 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Good for you RM

olden tyred
Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477572
03/01/19 05:56 PM
03/01/19 05:56 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I can't beleive color is that big of factor to instill hatred. If it was why would the white women want to go to tanning booths and lay in the sun until atleast half baked. Maybe its to impress someone into thinking they have been working in the sun weeding the potatoe patch or something. I think sometimes we have people with big ambitions that are willing to fan the old coals of hatred into flames to fuel their own cause. Maybe even fiddling while waiting on the desired results.

I can still remember my cousins ( they were older than me) telling how our grandmother would pound into their heads that they were to never tell anyone of our Indian heritage. Her grandmother was a Ute and her and her sister had been adopted by a Cherokee family during the time of Trail of Tears era. They were then adopted by a white family at that time ( why the Ute were this far east is still unknown to me )Our grandma was so sure the march could happen again and the best way to avoid it was to deny who you are!

I try to avoid herd mentalities and go by what I know and if I must judge then atleast judge by the individuals actions and not the herd. Sometimes its hard to avoid the stampede of the herd, I guess thats where the survival mode kicks in and hopefully live til the dust settles.

While sometimes being assoiated as a different color even black may seem despised, it wouldnt be nearly as despised and abhorred as having leprosy and your skin turn white as snow!

Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477583
03/01/19 06:06 PM
03/01/19 06:06 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline OP
trapper
Boco  Offline OP
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The pendulum swings,its now whitey that's soon to be the minority and you can see the predjudice already.Its all about demographics.

Last edited by Boco; 03/01/19 06:07 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Racist [Re: Foxpaw] #6477591
03/01/19 06:18 PM
03/01/19 06:18 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I can't beleive color is that big of factor to instill hatred. If it was why would the white women want to go to tanning booths and lay in the sun until atleast half baked. Maybe its to impress someone into thinking they have been working in the sun weeding the potatoe patch or something. I think sometimes we have people with big ambitions that are willing to fan the old coals of hatred into flames to fuel their own cause. Maybe even fiddling while waiting on the desired results.

I can still remember my cousins ( they were older than me) telling how our grandmother would pound into their heads that they were to never tell anyone of our Indian heritage. Her grandmother was a Ute and her and her sister had been adopted by a Cherokee family during the time of Trail of Tears era. They were then adopted by a white family at that time ( why the Ute were this far east is still unknown to me )Our grandma was so sure the march could happen again and the best way to avoid it was to deny who you are!

I try to avoid herd mentalities and go by what I know and if I must judge then atleast judge by the individuals actions and not the herd. Sometimes its hard to avoid the stampede of the herd, I guess thats where the survival mode kicks in and hopefully live til the dust settles.

While sometimes being assoiated as a different color even black may seem despised, it wouldnt be nearly as despised and abhorred as having leprosy and your skin turn white as snow!

As an Alabama native with a good bit of Cherokee on mama's side I know of what you speak. My grandfather to his dying day denied being quarter cherokee. If asked the Gibbs were greek. English surnamed Greeks in the mountains of Tennessee and Alabama is highly improbable. Or is Gibbs a derivative of the Melungeon Gibson? Who knows there are no records before my ggrandfather on that side and all the old folks strongly suggested I not look for any.
Then there's my pure highland Scot paternal line and the scandalous tales of my grandfather and his association with the hired help.
And my own comfort southerners of all types. I can take you to communities throughout Alabama and introduce you to multiple families living of all shades living side by side sharing common surnames.

I've come to the conclusion that we are all one big family and it's long past time to put our fueds in the past and leave it there.

[Linked Image]
Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477605
03/01/19 06:43 PM
03/01/19 06:43 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

To keep the money and influence folks like Al Sharpton ,or the left in general, have to push the narrative of rampant racism. Obama is a leftist and that helps explain the turn to hate that occurred during his administration.

Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477618
03/01/19 07:03 PM
03/01/19 07:03 PM
Idaho
V
vegasjim Offline
trapper
vegasjim  Offline
trapper
V

Idaho
Boco that was excellent !!!!

Re: Racist [Re: Boco] #6477765
03/01/19 09:19 PM
03/01/19 09:19 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Egh .....some generation Z looking for attention for being the most "woke".

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread