No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Remember when [Re: Finster] #6484274
03/08/19 12:47 AM
03/08/19 12:47 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Talking about Drs. making house calls … my parents told me how one Dr. saved my life when I was 2 years old. There was an epidemic of diphtheria in our town and there were 3 pediatricians in the town. We had the oldest one, that was close to 70 years old. There were 4 cases of this dreadful disease in a radius of a square block. The Dr. that treated me stayed at our house for 3 days and nights and had to put a breathing tube down my throat 3 different times so I could breath. Mom said during the day he would go make other needed calls and check in by phone every hour, then come back in the late afternoon. Mom fed him breakfast and supper as partial payment, those 3 days and he slept in a big overstuff chair beside the bed I was in.

The rest of the story as Paul Harvey would have said … was that the other 3 children that also suffered from this terrible disease died, and I survived by the Grace of God and a very good caring Dr. This would have been in 1943.

Thank You Jesus....
Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Remember when [Re: Finster] #6484279
03/08/19 12:56 AM
03/08/19 12:56 AM
NW Tennessee
petey Offline
trapper
petey  Offline
trapper

NW Tennessee
My granny had a tube tv. We would sit and stare at if forever. On... Off.....................Who can see the dot the longest. Might have had a scrap or two with my brother or cousins over the winner.
Used to leave the house to go on a "hike" would walk and play in the creeks for hours and hours, but when ya heard that faint sound of the car horn honk..............ya best be high tailing it to the supper table.
We used to set tobacco with what we called a hand jobber.........not sure what the field would look like if ya told a kid to to that today.

Re: Remember when [Re: petey] #6486489
03/10/19 12:11 AM
03/10/19 12:11 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Originally Posted by petey
Originally Posted by huntcook
Hey Paul for those who are younger we will let them know LSMFT means Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco and Pall Mall ad said tobacco to fine to filter. I think both companies bought some of my fine tobacco.

I just googled "LSMFT" and that never came up!! Then I see this post. Daddies are always wiser! wink

This may not survive the axe, but will try and make it presentable … "LSMFT"... "Loose Sweaters Mean Floppy Teets"

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Remember when [Re: Finster] #6486540
03/10/19 02:05 AM
03/10/19 02:05 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
I remember getting 7 ounce bottles of ice cold Coke from a machine for a dime. It was so cold and the coke so strong it would burn my throat. When finished put the bottle in the wooden rack next to the machine.

Watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan was a huge event.

I remember when Neil Young was a new performer.

Most of my parents’ records were 78rpm.

We had a doctor who made house calls and used a refillable syringe with thick reusable needles. Those shots hurt!

I got a shotgun with Top Value stamps.

I was the high school fur buyer. Everyday kids would bring a few whole muskrats in a grocery bag with their name on it and put them in my locker. No other critters though. I would keep track and pay at the end of the week.

I remember the girls on campus in 1970 at a very liberal college in warm weather. They just don’t make young women like that anymore! And if they do, I need to know about it and enroll for a semester.

In study hall sitting next to one certain girl made life worth living. Same as above.

When my passenger got out to lock the hubs, at just the right moment I would give them a toot on the horn just to keep them on their toes.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread