No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What tires on trapping truck [Re: marsh jet] #6486701
03/10/19 10:16 AM
03/10/19 10:16 AM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted by marsh jet
What tires do you guys run on your trapping/hunting rig? I'm looking for something in between an all terrain tire & a mud terrain . Thanks

the tire recommendations youve got are good but if you truly want an in-between tire which seem to be where the tire market is headed lately, there are a couple of options that were built to that spec and get alot of consideration----Cooper STT Maxx, Goodyear Duratrac and General X3s and probably others that cant recall at moment. You may find an AT works for you , virtually any of them from BFG, Cooper, General will get you most spots the majority of the time but sooner or later you may end up stuck if you try to take them where they werent designed to go. They were designed to do a little of everything but not really excel at much and definately not in mud. Those three tires above seem to be more aggressive than the typical AT but not as noisy, soft or ice challenged as full blown MT's. The Duratracs have a large following here as they handle winter road travel better than most

Re: What tires on trapping truck [Re: marsh jet] #6486779
03/10/19 11:21 AM
03/10/19 11:21 AM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
Wouldn't own another Cooper or BFG on any vechicle I own. Had horrible luck with both be it MT or at. Goodyear duratrac AT is hands down my favorite tire to ride on. Winter time traction is awesome and road noise a minimum. Not cheap tho. Second choice is falken tires.

Last edited by Flint Hill fur; 03/10/19 12:29 PM.
Re: What tires on trapping truck [Re: marsh jet] #6486840
03/10/19 12:26 PM
03/10/19 12:26 PM
eastern ks
D
derek masenthin Offline
trapper
derek masenthin  Offline
trapper
D

eastern ks
I like my big o tires they are the big foot xt got em on my crew cab diesel they we're biught put on mounted and balance for 900$ had em now for 2 yrs they are wearing good for being on a 3/4 ton truck with about 12000 miles on em most of them miles are gravel too there awesome in mud and snow

Re: What tires on trapping truck [Re: marsh jet] #6486874
03/10/19 12:51 PM
03/10/19 12:51 PM
North Carolina USA
N
NCtrapper64 Offline
trapper
NCtrapper64  Offline
trapper
N

North Carolina USA
I’ve got federal couragias on mine, they are great off-road! Only been stuck once and that was my fault for not having it in 4wd and driving slow

Re: What tires on trapping truck [Re: brisket] #6486885
03/10/19 01:08 PM
03/10/19 01:08 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by brisket
BFG all terrain for me. Don't like that they pick up alot of rocks though

And nails....for some reason. Never had a tire that picked up half the nails those did. And why I carry a plug kit in every vehicle I own now.

The BFGs worked a lot better on my small trucks than they did my big trucks for some reason. Well small trucks just go places big trucks won't anyhow.

Duratracs for me next.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread