No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486242
03/09/19 08:29 PM
03/09/19 08:29 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Lindsey has always been a limp wrist. The only time I have ever seen him show some stones was the Kavanaugh hearing. I can't say I'm shocked but I am disappointed.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486247
03/09/19 08:36 PM
03/09/19 08:36 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
^^^ Yup

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486443
03/09/19 11:09 PM
03/09/19 11:09 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Lindsey Graham is now supporting this. Just NO --

Link?

Originally Posted by JakeDog
Lindsey Graham is now supporting this. Just NO --

Link?

Read it on breitbart I think - he said this was a point where the dems and GOP could come together!

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486449
03/09/19 11:13 PM
03/09/19 11:13 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6486467
03/09/19 11:34 PM
03/09/19 11:34 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Why can law enforcement not be held personally liable when they violate peoples rights? If this law is found unconstitutional the officers themselves should be held responsible.

If you haven't already, get a copy of "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross... It is currently out of print so physical copies are rare and expensive. But I was able to get it in PDF format for free.

Read it.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6486636
03/10/19 08:50 AM
03/10/19 08:50 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Why can law enforcement not be held personally liable when they violate peoples rights? If this law is found unconstitutional the officers themselves should be held responsible.

Because where would you find officers willing to work under that condition? Besides, is it fair to blame the LEO who was told what to do by the Chief and attorney for the police department? What are you supposed to do if you're an LEO in the field and the city attorney says the confiscation is constitutional?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: James] #6486652
03/10/19 09:10 AM
03/10/19 09:10 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by James
What are you supposed to do if you're an LEO in the field and the city attorney says the confiscation is constitutional?

Jim

If it were me, I'd just point out that fact that I can read. Got a copy right here, want to take a peek?

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: James] #6486710
03/10/19 10:25 AM
03/10/19 10:25 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by James

Because where would you find officers willing to work under that condition? Besides, is it fair to blame the LEO who was told what to do by the Chief and attorney for the police department? What are you supposed to do if you're an LEO in the field and the city attorney says the confiscation is constitutional?

Jim

I'd find a new job before I went against my own principals.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486726
03/10/19 10:40 AM
03/10/19 10:40 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Our LIO officers are just like the Nazi in Germany, they do what they are told. I am not saying they are Nazi's. But they have to follow orders. We have some fine officers out there doing the best they can within the frame work they work under.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486775
03/10/19 11:19 AM
03/10/19 11:19 AM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Law enforcement WILL come to take away your firearms when they are ordered to do so, regardless of the 2nd amendment. When the law is made it will be enforced. Even if they don't agree with it , it's going to happen.

Last edited by wy.wolfer; 03/10/19 11:21 AM.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486851
03/10/19 12:40 PM
03/10/19 12:40 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Most people will just give the guns up because they are soft. Unfortunately the whole disarming and fall of America is pretty much unavoidable at this point and it is just a matter of time. The trends are easy to see as is the fact that there has been no resistance in states where they already have illegalized many firearms. How many people that you know are ready to walk away from all they have just to be free? Not many cops are going to walk away from their pensions just to preserve the rights of someone who is not a cop. Sorry to be talking the truth but the truth is what it is and the result as I see it is unavoidable.

I wonder how long it will be before the sanctuary county sheriff's are dealt with? First you would probably need a federal law that they do not want to enforce and then the feds will deal with them all. (I think there is legislation to that effect introduced in congress) After all letting people keep their guns is not like letting people smoke/sell weed or shelter/support illegals......most of the population of sheep see those as harmless things and they see guns as evil. The sheep are anti gun because they cannot imagine actually defending themselves, that's why they are sheep. Then you have the second supporters who think the same way.....only they want hunting/sporting guns only, because they also cannot imagine having to defend their freedom which makes them sheep also. A nation of soft sheep will not keep its freedoms for long because they will vote/support those who say they will protect them and care for them but the reality is that those who say they will do that really just want complete control and once they have that it is all over. It is an unfortunate and disconcerting situation.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: JakeDog] #6486907
03/10/19 01:38 PM
03/10/19 01:38 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa

Yep, this could be put into the back-stabbing thread. It's no surprise tho. Just look at how many gun owners on h ere vote for worse, a democrat.

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486935
03/10/19 02:13 PM
03/10/19 02:13 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Then you have the second supporters who think the same way.....only they want hunting/sporting guns only, because they also cannot imagine having to defend their freedom which makes them sheep also

The reason class 3 firearms are so expensive is there are not enough to arm all the people willing to get permission and pay the tax. You have on multiple occasions said background checks, class 3 license, concealed carry license are all good ideas. Now you are disparaging people who wont pay 20 grand for a military grade weapon. If the ban on purchase of weapons made after 1986 were lifted the cost would be 1/10th of what they are today and more people would have them.

I still would not because I'm not going to ask permission then pay a bribe, I mean a tax, to exorcise a right. If the day comes where I need to use one of my firearms as a weapon in a war battle, if I'm alive after the battle, there will be plenty of military weapons to choose from.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: danny clifton] #6486940
03/10/19 02:19 PM
03/10/19 02:19 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Then you have the second supporters who think the same way.....only they want hunting/sporting guns only, because they also cannot imagine having to defend their freedom which makes them sheep also

The reason class 3 firearms are so expensive is there are not enough to arm all the people willing to get permission and pay the tax. You have on multiple occasions said background checks, class 3 license, concealed carry license are all good ideas. Now you are disparaging people who wont pay 20 grand for a military grade weapon. If the ban on purchase of weapons made after 1986 were lifted the cost would be 1/10th of what they are today and more people would have them.

I still would not because I'm not going to ask permission then pay a bribe, I mean a tax, to exorcise a right. If the day comes where I need to use one of my firearms as a weapon in a war battle, if I'm alive after the battle, there will be plenty of military weapons to choose from.

Now you need to be careful about how you express you're opinions, in a growing number of blue states you might get red flagged for this kind of talk.

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486949
03/10/19 02:24 PM
03/10/19 02:24 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Great part about the United State is if you don’t like a certain states laws, move to another state. I don’t feel bad for anyone getting their guns taken away one California. If a majority of the people in a state want a law, then the law should be made.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486950
03/10/19 02:29 PM
03/10/19 02:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
States absolutely do not have the authority to make it illegal for a person to exorcise a right. The people in CA who think gun ownership is dangerous have every right not to buy one.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #6486959
03/10/19 02:39 PM
03/10/19 02:39 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv
Great part about the United State is if you don’t like a certain states laws, move to another state. I don’t feel bad for anyone getting their guns taken away one California. If a majority of the people in a state want a law, then the law should be made.
A law that does NOT infringe on a God given Constitutional right!

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486978
03/10/19 03:00 PM
03/10/19 03:00 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
A law that does NOT infringe on a God given Constitutional right!

If enough people in a California believed that the. They could get it changed. Plus that law isn’t infringing on anyone’s rights. They can still have guns. Majority wins in this country and I wouldn’t want it any other way

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: Finster] #6486982
03/10/19 03:05 PM
03/10/19 03:05 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Your could not be more wrong cat_trapper_nv. This country is not and never has been a democracy. Its a constitutional republic. The constitution can be amended but if it is not amended states are obligated to uphold it as is.

Last edited by danny clifton; 03/10/19 03:08 PM.

Re: What gun registration and confiscation looks like [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #6486983
03/10/19 03:06 PM
03/10/19 03:06 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
[
If enough people in a California believed that the. They could get it changed. Plus that law isn’t infringing on anyone’s rights. [u]They can still have guns. Majority wins in this country and I wouldn’t want it any other way[/u]

Errrr nope ..... I don't have the time or the crayons to explain it to you, but you could have a go at comparing a constitutional republic to a democracy and then get back on here

Last edited by Scuba1; 03/10/19 03:06 PM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread