No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: pass-thru] #6486511
03/10/19 12:51 AM
03/10/19 12:51 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Originally Posted by pass-thru
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
In my opinion, people need to get physically meaner again. We’ve gotten so nice, non-violent and non-confrontational as a society that there’s no real consequences for treating people like garbage any more. Passive-aggression is the SOP nowadays. Everyone depends on Big Brother to take care of their problems and the idea of taking care of them yourself has become a foreign concept. We’ve demonized “violence” so much that you’ll get more jail time for punching a thief than the thief will for robbing you blind.

My opinion is that we need to make a conscious effort to NORMALIZE VIOLENCE AGAIN. You steal from me, I’ll beat the tar out of you but I won’t call the cops and pay taxes to feed you. Imagine if, instead of spanking a kid when they do something blatantly wrong, you gave them a “summons”, told them you’ll talk about it next week, then maybe a month after that they’d have to get grounded, but it might get dropped if they tell on another kid for something. They wouldn’t learn the lesson very well, and neither do adults. Consequences should be swift, painful, and over, not slow, burocratic and painless.

My opinion.
I think the world would be a better place.

This is call vigilantism. You're in luck....it's still commonplace in Africa and other 3rd world destinations.

Wrong. Vigilantism is defined as “taking of the law into one’s own hands without legal authority.” I’m not attempting to enforce any law whatsoever; except maybe Newton’s 3rd Law: “For every action there’s is an equal and opposite reaction.” That's a natural law, and the only reason it doesn’t apply to unscrupulous people is that people like yourself have created an artificial environment that protects them from consequences.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: KenaiKid] #6486522
03/10/19 01:11 AM
03/10/19 01:11 AM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by KenaiKid

Wrong. Vigilantism is defined as “taking of the law into one’s own hands without legal authority.” I’m not attempting to enforce any law whatsoever; except maybe Newton’s 3rd Law: “For every action there’s is an equal and opposite reaction.” That's a natural law, and the only reason it doesn’t apply to unscrupulous people is that people like yourself have created an artificial environment that protects them from consequences.

If you're not literate enough to own the concept you are advocating, then no pointing discussing with you.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: cat daddy] #6486526
03/10/19 01:33 AM
03/10/19 01:33 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by cat daddy
I once had a president that said I could keep my doctor and my health insurance would go down $2,500 a year. Still stinging from that one.

Classic
grin

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: pass-thru] #6486548
03/10/19 02:31 AM
03/10/19 02:31 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Originally Posted by pass-thru

If you're not literate enough to own the concept you are advocating, then no pointing discussing with you.

Typical cop-out. Every liberal I know has a knack for conveniently finding one when confronted by logic. And I’m calling you a liberal because you clearly believe that justice must be bequeathed by a government, making government a necessity and superior to the population of individuals rather than subject thereto. I believe none of the above. I believe a system created by men exists to serve men rather than men serve the system, and the creation of a system for the delegation of the duties of justice certainly does not preclude men from enacting justice themselves when they so choose.

What I was advocating is simple self-assertion. If you believe that men standing up for and defending themselves is “vigilantism,” then you might as well simply brand yourself a Marxist.

Now on the topic of vigilantism I’m not strictly opposed to that either, but that’s not the practice I was advocating in this post. We could debate that too if you should find it worth your sovereign time to climb down off your high horse and discuss it with us peons.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486569
03/10/19 05:23 AM
03/10/19 05:23 AM
Indiana
K
kyron4 Offline
trapper
kyron4  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
My two cents, the law always sides with the perpetrator. My 13 year old stood up to her bully and who do you think got in trouble ? Go ahead put someone in there place, feels good till you get a knock on your door from the sheriff dept. about how you threating them, hit them, or had a gun on your hip ,(whether you did or didn't) and try to play their word against yours. The days of punching someone in the face and calling it a day are over; todays world is about suing and pressing charges. I don't like it or agree with it but that's just how it is. I'm a 20th century man living in the 21st century, I just try to stay as far away as people as I can.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486631
03/10/19 08:42 AM
03/10/19 08:42 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
After four years in the AF started college at UW-LaX on the GI Bill. Bartended on the side. 1975. Manager of the bar found out I fished and had a boat and became my "friend.". Trusted him with the location of a fishing hole in the waybacks. Said I'll take you there, just never reveal location to anyone else. Well, you know the rest of this story.

Fast forward to last year. Took my late father's male nurse bow hunting up a local river and he scored a nice buck. Same conditions, just don't share location. This fella really did a nice job with my father in his last couple of years in the nursing home and I'll be forever indebted to him. He calls me up a while later and says his good buddy knows me and wants to come bow hunting with us the next bow season. I said what's his name. And he tells me.

Silence on the phone. He said what's up. I said ask him.

The subject never came up again.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486716
03/10/19 10:32 AM
03/10/19 10:32 AM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
There was a line clearing crew at my "buddies" place, I was getting firewood in the area. My "buddie" asked them while I was standing there what they would charge to take down this huge black oak (biggest Ive ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them) leaning over his house- they said 50 bucks- he then looks at me and asks me in front of them, "how much would you charge", which, I thought was both an insult to them, they gave him a heckuva price, and to me, wanting me to do it cheaper LOL.
Well, he didn't have it done by them, and kept pestering me for a price. At that time I didn't have the right insurance for tree removal and didn't really want to do it. I said OK, 800 just to get it down on the ground, if it hits the house I don't want anything. You couldn't really take any of the lean limbs off due to where the house was located. I incorporated a buddy and got the ropes, come along, jack etc, and we got it down safely. I paid my buddy handsomely out of pocket for helping and was just glad nothing went wrong.
OK, guess what happens next, 20 years later and still no pay. It would have been easier on me just to give the trimming crew 50 bucks and walked away...….

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486778
03/10/19 11:20 AM
03/10/19 11:20 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
We learn who our real "buddies" are, eh?

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486800
03/10/19 11:39 AM
03/10/19 11:39 AM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Oh yea- he stabbed me good one other time I will post when I get time. He was so good at it is what gets me.....must have had a lot of practice and it didn't bother him in the least.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: lumberjack391] #6486826
03/10/19 12:17 PM
03/10/19 12:17 PM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Oh yea- he stabbed me good one other time I will post when I get time. He was so good at it is what gets me.....must have had a lot of practice and it didn't bother him in the least.

That's the part I can't figure out. Doesn't seem to bother these low lifers one bit.

Only conclusion I can draw is they were raised that way. Must've seen one or both of their parents screwing others and have accepted it as normal behavior.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486830
03/10/19 12:20 PM
03/10/19 12:20 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
its the Me generation thing,no thought of others.nothing only thing worse is a thief and they aren't far away from bein both.

really affects the good people who get snubbed or turned down by the actions of someone else and none of their own doing.something i'm trying to get past so i can pass on my knowledge.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486891
03/10/19 01:17 PM
03/10/19 01:17 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Jack has some guns for sale. Jack knows Im in the buy/sell trade and asks me if Im interested. He hands me the list with the prices. Good guns, decent prices, to rich for my blood at that time- I pass on them.
Jack continual bugs me asking if I know anyone that's interested, finally I submit and say yea, Pete buys guns I will show him the list. Pete sees the list and wants to go right now to buy them. I call Jack repeatedly throughout the week trying to set up a look see with Pete. He always has an excuse, burning brush, Tupperware party, Chiropractor etc.- BUT also says "don't worry, the guns aren't going anywhere, Pete will get to see them"
I am not getting a red cent for this, no finders fee, no bribe, no nothing, just trying to set 2 guys up for a deal..
I tell Pete this aint looking good somethings up, Jack always has an excuse when we try to go look at them. Now Pete was riding along with me checking my traps, and Jack calls. He says " Those guns, don't worry about them anymore, they are gone." Im jacked cause I told Pete he had first cracks, and miffed because Jack lied to us all along about them.
Im done with Jack for lying to me and Pete thinks I bought them out from under him. That's what ya get for getting involved trying to help people out.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6486896
03/10/19 01:21 PM
03/10/19 01:21 PM
Illinois
I
IllinoisTraps58 Offline
trapper
IllinoisTraps58  Offline
trapper
I

Illinois
It was shortly after last years Colorado sale that I learned I’d been robbed, the next day was one of the hardest days of my life. I had lots of coyotes to work and my heart had been torn out. A “friend” of 15 years and all that hard work made it so tough to overcome. I worked my nuts off to show for certain I’d lost my best last year. He gives fur buyers a bad name.

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: Marty] #6486994
03/10/19 03:16 PM
03/10/19 03:16 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Marty
Generally, people are overrated.

Ain't that the truth

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: IllinoisTraps58] #6487021
03/10/19 03:49 PM
03/10/19 03:49 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by Horse Creek Fur
It was shortly after last years Colorado sale that I learned I’d been robbed, the next day was one of the hardest days of my life. I had lots of coyotes to work and my heart had been torn out. A “friend” of 15 years and all that hard work made it so tough to overcome. I worked my nuts off to show for certain I’d lost my best last year. He gives fur buyers a bad name.

friend, furbuyer and robbed. What exactly happened?

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6487744
03/11/19 09:34 AM
03/11/19 09:34 AM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline OP
trapper
eric space  Offline OP
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
I didn't before but want to make this clear: "Ray" was a Vietnam Vet but he was not in any way disabled from his service in Vietnam. His "disability" was from working for the US Post Office, specifically from opening the doors on rural mail boxes. ( I kid you not that is what he was on disability for).

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6487749
03/11/19 09:37 AM
03/11/19 09:37 AM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Wonder how much mail he stole?

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6487871
03/11/19 12:12 PM
03/11/19 12:12 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
My old boss's wife worked for USPS for 4 years and claimed carpal tunnel and has been drawing off it for 25 years now. So I believe ya about Ray. Lol

Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6487972
03/11/19 02:52 PM
03/11/19 02:52 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
So did you call up the sloppy one?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What was the worst back stabbing you have had? [Re: eric space] #6487978
03/11/19 03:03 PM
03/11/19 03:03 PM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
LOL

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread