No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488825
03/12/19 02:40 PM
03/12/19 02:40 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I thought they did Danny when they ruled D.C.'s gun ban UN-constitutional, but I guess if the people of other states allow themselves to be trampled on, that's on them.

Or... I didn't understand what that ruling meant.

Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488828
03/12/19 02:43 PM
03/12/19 02:43 PM
Hilton, NY
P
Paul D. Heppner Offline
trapper
Paul D. Heppner  Offline
trapper
P

Hilton, NY
New York permits are for concealed carry and for NY residents only. Out of state folks don't even think about it, you can't get a permit. Open carry will get you in the doo-doo unless you are actively hunting a critter that can be taken with a handgun or on a range. Turkeys, pheasants, and waterfowl can not. For some stupid reason open carry constitutes menacing. When I'm hunting or trapping I always use a cross draw holster under my jacket or vest which is always open part way from the bottom. Also when you are exploring where, when, and how be aware that though NY permits are a state requirement/law, they are completely administered by the county Judge or Judges. What is ok in one county isn't necessarily kosher in another county. Change the Judges, change the rules. As a couple side notes by state law you can apply for a permit in either the county you live in or the county you work in. Some counties you must have a purchase coupon to pick up a gun. You get it when you put you gun (serial number) on you permit at the county clerks office. Some counties allow you to buy coupons ahead of time to use at your discretion. You then have five to seven days to get to the county clerks office to get it added to your permit.

Both complicated and stupid isn't it. I'm stuck with it, my wife won't move to a friendlier state.

Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488897
03/12/19 04:54 PM
03/12/19 04:54 PM
el vado, nm
T
Tom Fisher Offline
trapper
Tom Fisher  Offline
trapper
T

el vado, nm
I go to the roundhouse in Sante Fe several times during the session, there is always someone "carrying a piece", New Mexico is an open carry state even in the gallery with all the politicians running their clackers. We're trying to hang on to this idea of liberty and freedom, having lived most of my life in NY never knew how sweet freedom is whether it's simple trapping rules, or the open carry and the ability to buy a handgun without the state wanting your life history or registering it. You'll know when you've had enough, I found my point when I had it, miss some of the people none of the crap!

Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488912
03/12/19 05:14 PM
03/12/19 05:14 PM
New York
T
Twogunwilly Offline
trapper
Twogunwilly  Offline
trapper
T

New York
No need to conceal while hunting, I open carry all season and have never had an issue.

Buyer/Trader of B&L traps made in Cambridge NY
Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488915
03/12/19 05:17 PM
03/12/19 05:17 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
being a non resident that traps there and lives less than a mile from the border,i tried to get a permit 3 times and was rejected all three times.i carry a single shot rifle with the action open and the ammo in the glove box.is the main reason i'll be gettin a ray from Mr.Stienmeyer and not carry anything.

the pissah is they can come to PA and have a cc permit in 15 minutes.--i love PA though don't get me wrong.livin on the border of NY will really make you realize how lucky you are.

Re: NYS CCW ? [Re: saquelie] #6488934
03/12/19 05:40 PM
03/12/19 05:40 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Saquelie, I guess it must differ County by county ? My permit says nothing about concealed . But I have no restrictions.
This is why NY is so screwed up .

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread