No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Alabama Trappers #6502878
03/27/19 07:35 PM
03/27/19 07:35 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Need your help?

Are #2 traps legal on land
Are snares legal
Are DP's legal
What size coni's are legal and do they have to be submerged?

Thanks, Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: SGT. C] #6503127
03/27/19 10:43 PM
03/27/19 10:43 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
SGT C- Below are links to the latest information I have available at this time. Alabama has some convoluted regulations when it pertains to non-resident trapping. I recommend that you contact the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (334) 242-3486 for the latest rules.

" Any person who has been a bona fide resident of this state for 90 days next preceding may procure a resident trapping license by paying the sum of twenty dollars ($20). Any person who has not been a bona fide resident of this state for 90 days next preceding may procure a nonresident trapping license by paying the amount charged a resident of Alabama for a similar license in the nonresident state, except that the license fee for a nonresident in no event shall be less than 10 times the license fee charged by the department for a trapping license for an Alabama resident."

Reference: https://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/trapping-alabama

Scroll down to ”Alabama Trapping Regulations” and click- That should take you to https://www.outdooralabama.com/site...ing/Fur%20Catcher%20Code-Regs%201-18.pdf

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited by LAtrapper; 03/27/19 10:49 PM.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: SGT. C] #6503147
03/27/19 10:49 PM
03/27/19 10:49 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Six inch widest measurement on footholds dryland. Common sense says widest is an outside measure recent interpretation by a government employee read that to be the to mean narrowest opening so it's six inch inside measure.
Snares, beaver only in water.
DPs, yes.
Conis larger than five inch must be in water, submerged not required.

Or at least that my recollection unless something has changed.

[Linked Image]
Re: Alabama Trappers [Re: SGT. C] #6504851
03/29/19 08:51 PM
03/29/19 08:51 PM
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
R
Riverotter2 Offline
trapper
Riverotter2  Offline
trapper
R

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
K9 Xtremes are even legal here, snares got to be wet and unless you know where a pile of rats and mink are in Alabama killers for the most part got to set in water. Tags on all. Catch pole also. Permits also.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread