No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Beaver Work #6508833
04/03/19 07:29 AM
04/03/19 07:29 AM
NE North Carolina
V
varmintshooter Offline OP
trapper
varmintshooter  Offline OP
trapper
V

NE North Carolina
Well I was working a damage control site for beaver. It was one of those places you just have to work twice as hard to get to. Parked in a field, dragged my boat several hundred yards down the right of way just to get to the creek.
Storms over the years have blown trees over blocking the creek run. I was in and out of the boat, pulling tugging, pushing. As the water started to drop I had to leave my dog, couldn't pull her through it all with my gear. l. Finally blew the dam and tried to get out before the dang swamp went dry. After a while, I just quit trying to paddle and pulled the boat. When I got to the hill I was given out. Just left the boat on the ROW Went and got the truck and just parked in the road to load it up. I was really wondering about my choice of profession. Then I get a job like this and I guess it all equals out.
I took the picture standing on the pavement. There's about 20 feet of water. I put my waders on just to feel like I was beaver trapping.

[Linked Image]

Re: Beaver Work [Re: varmintshooter] #6508879
04/03/19 08:53 AM
04/03/19 08:53 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Yup....road trapping = money to be made. I had a customer (younger than myself) take me to a spot (by foot ) through some rough stuff to get to where the Beavers were....and I said to him...give me your cell number,and when I catch these beaver ,YOU can drag them out. Nevah heard back !!

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Beaver Work [Re: Nessmuck] #6509299
04/03/19 06:46 PM
04/03/19 06:46 PM
NE North Carolina
V
varmintshooter Offline OP
trapper
varmintshooter  Offline OP
trapper
V

NE North Carolina
Yea beaver are worth 500.00 according to TV. I have told some to pay me and I will give them the beaver and they can get rich.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread