No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Pulled over! [Re: GritGuy] #6510742
04/05/19 03:43 PM
04/05/19 03:43 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
[quote=GritGuy]I get pulled over and I'm just answering whats pertinent to the supposed infraction, not in any snotty or arrogant way, even if I've had a bad day.
Learned many, many years ago way before everyone had a chip on their shoulders about being against LEO's just for seeing them, LOL that it never pays in the long run to make things worse with an attitude.

I don't get why people think every LEO is a bad one now day's, they are not and just doing a thankless job for the most part, giving one smart remarks or showing an attitude towards them when pulled over just puts them on alert for other things to watch out for.

Guess people just are not as smart as they let on to be ![/quote

YEP!
It's like some folks see LEOs as just one more part of government to hate and it keeps a big chip on their shoulders.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510744
04/05/19 03:45 PM
04/05/19 03:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Not sure how we can do the job while doing nothing at all, without the publics help but we do, you hear more gang mentality quotes then integrity quotes with people today, no investment in their own community but things need to be 100% crime free! LOL

The next time your driving down the road and a car is in front of you see if you can tell their age, race and current abilities of that person before you see "profile" them! Now if they are crossing the line/lines repeatedly is that profiling or probable cause then?

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510756
04/05/19 04:09 PM
04/05/19 04:09 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
I guess it must just be me but I'm always a little nervous when they show up behind me seems to me my truck knows it too as it starts to wander on its own lol. Only had one bad stop in the last 20 years and the officers must have been looking for something in the area, July middle of the day and pulled over for a headlight out. The way they approached raised flags for me so something was up before they ever got to my car. Responded with short but complete answers till they asked about my son and tried to ID him. Then asked that they complete the headlight stop so we could get on our way. Once my name came back clean attitudes changed 180 and just said they wanted to let me know headlight was out so I could fix it. Heck everybody has a bad day or something else going on once in a while.

My last stop was from officers that worked for my best friend and I was texting him about the stop as the officers ran the plate ( wife hadn't put the new reg sticker on the plate ). I was giving my friend crap about having folks pulled over to sell raffle tickets and searching for doughnuts Lol. The officers were super professional and even put the sticker on the plate when she found it in the glove box, they had no idea I was friends with the boss until I told them to say Hi as we finished the stop and to let him know I bought raffle tickets from them. They had a good laugh and the next morning when they all meet up for a meeting they told him about the raffle ticket comment and he said that I had been texting him the whole stop and how nice it was to just have officers that were friendly and professional without acting like I was the next crime spree in waiting.

Cops see the bad so much its hard for "SOME" to separate that and remember most folks try to do the right thing and just make simple mistakes.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510760
04/05/19 04:17 PM
04/05/19 04:17 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Law Dog, I guess you need to let them police themselves, seems to be the only logical answer. I don't know any real "experts" on the job, but from reading the expert opinions on here regarding police matters, po po got it all wrong. There is a better way but the people who can fix it rather sit on an internet forum instead of getting out there and doing the job.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Pulled over! [Re: ] #6510763
04/05/19 04:34 PM
04/05/19 04:34 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Cmobley
I got pulled over once for following to close to another another vehicle. Thing was we were in opposite lanes. I was in the left lane other truck was in the right lane. Cop has his snazzy fingerless beater gloves on asked me why I was following that truck so closely. I said I wasnt I was in a different lane. He then says to me boy are you gonna argue with me and get a ticket or just keep your mouth shut. In which i replied I'm gonna argue with you and get a ticket, then im gonna see you in court and bring my video evidence I was in a different lane. He throws my license in the window says keep it up son you can leave this time . Thing is i didnt have a recording device going but he didnt know that. He was just trying to be a bully. This happend some years ago when I was younger. I still see him from time to time at the local stores. I make it a point to stare him into the ground hes no longer a cop and I'm no longer 19. Some people are just pricks I know I am especially when I'm messed with.

I know your kind, I seen 'em on TV.

-Goofy-
Re: Pulled over! [Re: TDHP] #6510765
04/05/19 04:39 PM
04/05/19 04:39 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by TDHP
Law Dog, I guess you need to let them police themselves, seems to be the only logical answer. I don't know any real "experts" on the job, but from reading the expert opinions on here regarding police matters, po po got it all wrong. There is a better way but the people who can fix it rather sit on an internet forum instead of getting out there and doing the job.

Nothing like stopping a guy to let him know his taillight is out then getting attitude right out of the gate to make a guy day! LOL Just don't take it personal and carry on is all you can do a lot of good times mixed in with the bad times.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Law Dog] #6510780
04/05/19 05:07 PM
04/05/19 05:07 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Nothing like stopping a guy to let him know his taillight is out then getting attitude right out of the gate to make a guy day! LOL Just don't take it personal and carry on is all you can do a lot of good times mixed in with the bad times.

If all you have to say is I have a tail light out I will say thanks you and have a safe day officer. If your using a tail light out as an excuse to pry into my affairs you will get my standard answer. If all you say is I have a light out and your going to write me up for it I will say have a safe day at the end of our interaction. I will stick with the fact that my daily itinerary and personal affairs are none of any cops business during a traffic stop. Ya'll took an oath to uphold the constitution and bill of rights.....how is where I am going any of your business?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510781
04/05/19 05:14 PM
04/05/19 05:14 PM
PA
C
cablejohn Offline
trapper
cablejohn  Offline
trapper
C

PA
I live in Western Pennsylvania, a couple miles from Ohio. I will do anything necessary not to drive in Ohio. Every little town is a speed trap! They drop the speed any where they can!

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Law Dog] #6510784
04/05/19 05:20 PM
04/05/19 05:20 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted by TDHP

If this was aimed my post the point I was trying to make was something else had to have been happening in the area based on the actions when they approached the car. Not that I was upset that I was stopped but that they were on HIGH alert and it was noticeable from the start UNTIL my name came back clean. My point was something was different from all my other stops in the past. I've never had a passenger ID'ed before and certainly not my 16 year old son. I wouldn't want the job and I see how some of my friends that are LEO react and change based on what they experience at times.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510822
04/05/19 06:14 PM
04/05/19 06:14 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Star Flakes Your post was amusing .

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510833
04/05/19 06:25 PM
04/05/19 06:25 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
nvwranger no not aimed at anybody really just letting folks know that we have a job to do and it's not easy at times, it's a tough work environment trying to sort out the truth from the BS most days it's rare that the truth is spoken. Just the focus in on the 1% and that guy are they out there heck ya I know a few but they get weeded out over time.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510842
04/05/19 06:34 PM
04/05/19 06:34 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by pass-thru
He pulled you over with no cause, trampled all over your constitutional rights, and left you feeling good about the whole thing. You Sir, are no sheepdog.

Sing it to the tune of a grandfather clock chime ...

Wrong , wrong , wrong, wrong

Wrong, wrong , wrong , wrong

You're wrong
You're wrong

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510846
04/05/19 06:38 PM
04/05/19 06:38 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Not at all nvwrangler, I don't get all crazed over internet comments, come here for the popcorn and drinks.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Law Dog] #6510848
04/05/19 06:40 PM
04/05/19 06:40 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
nvwranger no not aimed at anybody really just letting folks know that we have a job to do and it's not easy at times, it's a tough work environment trying to sort out the truth from the BS most days it's rare that the truth is spoken. Just the focus in on the 1% and that guy are they out there heck ya I know a few but they get weeded out over time.

Thanks Law for the response I was worried my post came across wrong, lost a few friends that just couldn't separate from the "job" and that's too bad. Be safe but always know I'll throw a good cop joke your way for the laughs

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhar6gN4BFw

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510851
04/05/19 06:43 PM
04/05/19 06:43 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
No worries I never take it personal if I did I'd be that guy yelling at kids on my lawn all day and I live in the country! LOL All is well.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510854
04/05/19 06:44 PM
04/05/19 06:44 PM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
LOL. Great post... Yes, our Cops in Ohio are dicks. but that is because they get shot at every other day. I'm getting tired of attending funerals.

Last edited by jctunnelrat; 04/05/19 06:46 PM.

jim
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510855
04/05/19 06:45 PM
04/05/19 06:45 PM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Wasn't meant for you Law.

jim
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510858
04/05/19 06:48 PM
04/05/19 06:48 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
sorry I was looking for my post and realized its on a different thread are they all the same on here??

olden tyred
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #6510868
04/05/19 06:59 PM
04/05/19 06:59 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Originally Posted by pass-thru
He pulled you over with no cause, trampled all over your constitutional rights, and left you feeling good about the whole thing. You Sir, are no sheepdog.

Sing it to the tune of a grandfather clock chime ...

Wrong , wrong , wrong, wrong

Wrong, wrong , wrong , wrong

You're wrong
You're wrong

Wrong about what? It's Fintard's version of the facts that he was stopped without cause, not mine. Or are you claiming that despite his cuckish demeanor in this episode, he really is a sheepdog? Go chime up a different clock.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510876
04/05/19 07:07 PM
04/05/19 07:07 PM
kansas
L
larrywaugh Offline
trapper
larrywaugh  Offline
trapper
L

kansas
I have never had an encounter with a police officer where I wasn't treated courtously and with respect. Game wardens are a whole different ballgame.

Won't take no prisoners,won't spare no lives.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread