No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510891
04/05/19 07:32 PM
04/05/19 07:32 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by pass-thru

Wrong about what? It's Fintard's version of the facts that he was stopped without cause, not mine. Or are you claiming that despite his cuckish demeanor in this episode, he really is a sheepdog? Go chime up a different clock.

Awwweeeee….. What's the matter, did your daddy forget to send you 10 bucks for your birthday again? Well, that's to bad. If you had a friend you could probably call and whine about it.... to bad for you...….. twice. wink

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510898
04/05/19 07:42 PM
04/05/19 07:42 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Finster

Wrong about what? It's Fintard's version of the facts that he was stopped without cause, not mine. Or are you claiming that despite his cuckish demeanor in this episode, he really is a sheepdog? Go chime up a different clock.

Awwweeeee….. What's the matter, did your daddy forget to send you 10 bucks for your birthday again? Well, that's to bad. If you had a friend you could probably call and whine about it.... to bad for you...….. twice. wink

Just wait until the poison PMs start coming your way they are a hoot for a guy that want's you to believe he's all that and a bag of chips it's pretty average all around. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Law Dog] #6510902
04/05/19 07:45 PM
04/05/19 07:45 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Just wait until the poison PMs start coming your way they are a hoot for a guy that want's you to believe he's all that and a bag of chips it's pretty average all around. LOL

Hello friend. I only give you a courtesy response when you trouble yourself to send a PM. I don't initiate. Try to keep it at a 2nd grade level, even then your dictionary gets a work out.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510903
04/05/19 07:46 PM
04/05/19 07:46 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va

Not sure which suits you better....Fintard or Cuckster.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510906
04/05/19 07:49 PM
04/05/19 07:49 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Hello friend. I only give you a courtesy response when you trouble yourself to send a PM. I don't initiate. Try to keep it at a 2nd grade level, even then your dictionary gets a work out.

A LIAR TOO! LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510910
04/05/19 07:50 PM
04/05/19 07:50 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
Well, I consider you a friend, even if you don't feel the same.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510911
04/05/19 07:51 PM
04/05/19 07:51 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

LOL whatever suits you Daddy Issues. Everyone knows who and what you are so knock yourself out, all you are doing is proving it. I can only hope that when I grow up, I can be as big a tough guy as you are. crazy

Re: Pulled over! [Re: pass-thru] #6510915
04/05/19 07:53 PM
04/05/19 07:53 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Well, I consider you a friend, even if you don't feel the same.

Never been that desperate never will I can't stand condescending people never could!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510916
04/05/19 07:54 PM
04/05/19 07:54 PM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va

LOL whatever suits you Daddy Issues. Everyone knows who and what you are so knock yourself out, all you are doing is proving it. I can only hope that when I grow up, I can be as big a tough guy as you are. crazy

I'll go with both.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6510952
04/05/19 08:45 PM
04/05/19 08:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Can we tell trapping season is over~ LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511043
04/05/19 10:38 PM
04/05/19 10:38 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Ya'll remember that if your traffic stopped for some traffic or defective equipment violation to answer all the intrusive questions the cops ask you like good sheep.....or you might get a ticket. Maybe if your lucky you will get to agree to a vehicle search.

laugh

A big problem today is the nation is full of sheep, do not dare stand up for your right to privacy or you will be heavily fined. Personally I will take the fine and tell em to go pound sand.....I been stopped 5-6 times the last few years, never answered any improper questions and never got a ticket, go figure....maybe it was the logical, respectful way I expressed my feelings.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Marty] #6511065
04/05/19 11:01 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Marty
Ya'll remember that if your traffic stopped for some traffic or defective equipment violation to answer all the intrusive questions the cops ask you like good sheep.....or you might get a ticket. Maybe if your lucky you will get to agree to a vehicle search.

laugh

A big problem today is the nation is full of sheep, do not dare stand up for your right to privacy or you will be heavily fined. Personally I will take the fine and tell em to go pound sand.....I been stopped 5-6 times the last few years, never answered any improper questions and never got a ticket, go figure....maybe it was the logical, respectful way I expressed my feelings.

I'm not judging. Good for you. There are many a circumstance where I would make the same stand. DUI checkpoints are certainly one. Every situation is a little different and should be handled due to the circumstances. Cheers to you for standing up for what you believe. Though I will not be walked on, I take a slightly more cautious approach. After all, my livelihood also depends on my judgement.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511066
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Nothing wrong with that Marty but most folks don't take the time to learn what they should do and when to draw the line.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511072
04/05/19 11:07 PM
04/05/19 11:07 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I have no problem with someone doing their job but I resent being profiled as a criminal and will not cooperate with that at all. Especially after presenting my ccl first thing, which I am not obligated by law to do.

I would never hesitate to help a cop that needed help no matter the circumstances, that's a fact.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Marty] #6511081
04/05/19 11:25 PM
04/05/19 11:25 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I have no problem with someone doing their job but I resent being profiled as a criminal and will not cooperate with that at all. Especially after presenting my ccl first thing, which I am not obligated by law to do.

I would never hesitate to help a cop that needed help no matter the circumstances, that's a fact.

Just curious…. Being profiled? Usually that's a minority. Makes no difference to me but are you a minority? OMG!!!!! You're not CANADIAN are you?!?! shocked In that case, I think profiling would be in order! grin

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511092
04/05/19 11:39 PM
04/05/19 11:39 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I am a minority. Not a sheep.

smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511120
04/06/19 04:05 AM
04/06/19 04:05 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
I've been pulled over many times. Most went pretty good. Over and done in a few minutes.

The only one that went bad was one when I as on my motorcycle. Reason for being pulled over??? I had a patch on my leather for a state motorcycle rights organization. No top or bottom rocker. Just a patch. He did everything he could to find something on me or my bike that he could write me for. I sat on the guardrail and just observed.

Come to find out from a friend of my wife's brother (who was a state trooper) that this guy had a real thing for pulling bikes over. He was used once to help a bike run get out of town safely and together. He then proceeded to write everyone a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign. We all went to court on the same day, and our tickets were thrown out. It was shortly after that that he was a cop in a different town about 130 miles away. Best part of that..... He's right smack dab in the middle of an outlaw mc area.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Pulled over! [Re: Marty] #6511211
04/06/19 09:17 AM
04/06/19 09:17 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
If all you have to say is I have a tail light out I will say thanks you and have a safe day officer. If your using a tail light out as an excuse to pry into my affairs you will get my standard answer. If all you say is I have a light out and your going to write me up for it I will say have a safe day at the end of our interaction. I will stick with the fact that my daily itinerary and personal affairs are none of any cops business during a traffic stop. Ya'll took an oath to uphold the constitution and bill of rights.....how is where I am going any of your business?

I've never put a great deal of thought into the issue because I don't have a lot of encounters with the law but I've got to say, I think you're correct in your reasoning. I noticed a couple of good points made from the opposing point of view and they have some legitimacy, but I believe, generally speaking, you're right about the intrusive questioning.

The last time I was stopped was just about a year ago. I failed to signal and Officer Friendly pulled me over. I rolled my window down, put my hands at ten and two and immediately informed him (obligated by law to do so) I had a loaded handgun in my seat slipcover between my legs. "What do you want me to do?" He lit up like a Christmas tree and was as friendly as could be from that point forward. He had no concern whatsoever about the gun. He pointed out I had an expired vehicle inspection sticker and he did quiz me about where I came from and where I was going. I'm sure he had already run my plate and knew I was from out of town. It was early in the morning and I was about three hours away from home heading to a work related training seminar. We exchanged a few pleasantries and he sent me on my way without issuing me a summons.

Re: Pulled over! [Re: Finster] #6511228
04/06/19 09:42 AM
04/06/19 09:42 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I get stopped 2-3 times a year in my semi. Here in KS you only have to state your armed if asked. I don't think I'm making the cops nervous as I have never been asked. In all my years of driving only once did I have a cop stop me and try to claim I had done something I hadn't. That was an Indiana state trooper. He was a jerk, I've told the story before, and I hope someday he gets fired, loses his pension, and works minimum wage the rest of his life.

I'm like Marty in the sense I won't play 20 questions either. I don't mind telling a bear where I've been, what I'm hauling and where I'm going. You have to anyway because of hours of service rules if the cop is D.O.T. certified to check that stuff. I just answer whether the cop has the shoulder patch or not. If it gets any more in depth than that I answer I have work to do can we just do what we need to in order to get this stop over with?

I got a ticket in the 80's thanks to another driver. Was in west TX on I10. Both of us headed west and stopped at a little place on the south side of the interstate. Turned left off the overpass to get back on the highway when I saw the lights as I got on the ramp. The other truck was in front of me. I pulled over and the cop passed me pointing and telling me on the CB to stay there as he stopped the guy in front of me. That guy jumped out and started yelling something about he had just got checked that morning and something about harassment blah blah blah. Come to find out what we thought was a left turn lane was a painted divider with the paint faded somewhat. I believe a warning was why we were stopped but instead we both got taken back to the truckstop where a mailbox was and the cop watched up put cash in an envelope and mail it to the county magistrate.

Mailing in a bond was very common back then as reciprocity was pretty patchwork. You could show up for court if you wanted to contest the ticket or your bond would be forfeited for the fine.

So because he blew up instead of giving the cop a chance to be polite (which ALMOST always they are) I had to pay a fine too.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pulled over! [Re: ] #6511441
04/06/19 03:16 PM
04/06/19 03:16 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Cmobley
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I know your kind, I seen 'em on TV.

Yeah we're the ones that mind our business.

Minding your own business is still giving the guy the stink eye years later? You sound like a baggage carrier to me.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 04/06/19 03:17 PM.

-Goofy-
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread