No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
cops with self discipline #6523106
04/22/19 05:29 AM
04/22/19 05:29 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don't know who arrested this guy but I bet they have never been in a video acting ignorant. Can't imagine what it would take to bring a guy like this in whole and alive. Yes, I think its the right thing to do, but that wouldn't make it any easier.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-father-intentionally-shot-son-2-in-face-with-shotgun-prosecutors

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: cops with self discipline [Re: danny clifton] #6523135
04/22/19 07:34 AM
04/22/19 07:34 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Takes all kinds wow what a dirt bag...... Not sure how it is other places with the cops. Here some of the older ones are hanging it up early as they can. Their having a hard time filling recruit classes. Lot guys don't wants to put up with all the BS everyone is giving cops right now.. Everyone wants to challenge them and video them. Cops rough up a guy like that puke they'd be more scrutinized than bad guy. Kinda sad..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: danny clifton] #6523137
04/22/19 07:39 AM
04/22/19 07:39 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
It has shown great control I'd say, I feel there's a special place for a people who harm children that I won't type out on here.
If found guilty may he rot there !

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: danny clifton] #6523162
04/22/19 08:31 AM
04/22/19 08:31 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
My son starts law enforcement school in the fall and the only hesitation I have is the morons going around videoing trying to make a statement..

The cops are in a tough position on doing their job effectively without the hassle of being questioned on everything to this degree.

The way our society is today is why we are diving into a shortage on police officers. Hopefully the pay catches up with the demand.

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: racerboy108] #6523185
04/22/19 09:00 AM
04/22/19 09:00 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Originally Posted by racerboy108
My son starts law enforcement school in the fall and the only hesitation I have is the morons going around videoing trying to make a statement..

The cops are in a tough position on doing their job effectively without the hassle of being questioned on everything to this degree.

The way our society is today is why we are diving into a shortage on police officers. Hopefully the pay catches up with the demand.

Making split decisions where many who judge and aren't on the job have hours, months and years to pick apart a news story and find the "perfect" solution to deal with an issue, along with low pay is part of the job. Being recorded isn't a big deal, and you most certainly can continue police work effectively when it happens, lots of them have their phones going on calls. If you are familiar with your gl's and know what you can and can't do when it comes to enforcing laws with the ability to handle your emotions without letting them trickle over to the job, being recorded or questioned isn't a big deal. Not knowing how to handle those types of encounters will jam up cops. Happens all the time on mv stops and calls for service, take it with a smile and continue with your duties. Good luck

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: cops with self discipline [Re: Macthediver] #6523191
04/22/19 09:10 AM
04/22/19 09:10 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Not sure how it is other places with the cops. Here some of the older ones are hanging it up early as they can. Their having a hard time filling recruit classes. Lot guys don't wants to put up with all the BS everyone is giving cops right now.

Mac

I was parked on the side of the road a couple of weeks back after I lost a wheel bearing in my truck. It wasn't long and a State Trooper pulled up to see what was going on. After we determined I wasn't going anywhere without a tow, he said he'd stay until the wrecker arrived and got me safely off the road.

We were shooting the breeze and the conversation turned to what it was like being a cop in today's world. I told him I was jaded enough as it is and I couldn't do what they did, putting up with what they have to deal with every day. He seemed genuinely appreciative and even more surprised when I told him he has a lot more support than what he might think. The nature of the job puts LE folks in a bubble. If you appreciate them and what they do, let them know.

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: danny clifton] #6523204
04/22/19 09:42 AM
04/22/19 09:42 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Im sure that pressure builds inside an officer...

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: TDHP] #6523216
04/22/19 09:50 AM
04/22/19 09:50 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted by TDHP
Originally Posted by racerboy108

Making split decisions where many who judge and aren't on the job have hours, months and years to pick apart a news story and find the "perfect" solution to deal with an issue, along with low pay is part of the job. Being recorded isn't a big deal, and you most certainly can continue police work effectively when it happens, lots of them have there phones going on calls. If you are familiar with your gl's and know what you can and can't do when it comes to enforcing laws with the ability to handle your emotions without letting them trickle over to the job, being recorded or questioned isn't a big deal. Not knowing how to handle those types of encounters will jam up cops. Happens all the time on mv stops and calls for service, take it with a smile and continue with your duties. Good luck

Thanks for the inside perspective as my son and I have agreed with all you said.

Re: cops with self discipline [Re: danny clifton] #6523313
04/22/19 12:32 PM
04/22/19 12:32 PM

C
CGilliam
Unregistered
CGilliam
Unregistered
C

Cops have to be held to a high standard, and the ones that do wrong need to be punished severely, otherwise no one will respect them and they will all be seen as public enemy.
Mohamed Noor shot that lady that walked up to his car, we don't need cops like that.

Last edited by CGilliam; 04/22/19 12:32 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread