No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: Wadarbr549] #6524611
04/24/19 11:47 AM
04/24/19 11:47 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Wadarbr549
Illegal immigrants can’t get government benifits. I mean you got to have a social security number to get food stamps or anything.

Not true. A FAIR study in 2017 found illegal immigrants are a net consumer of taxpayer benefits worth more than $100 billion a year. While federal benefits are supposed to be off limits, in practice many are not. More than 25,000 undocumented workers received subsidized housing, according to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Children receive free education and most qualify for English lessons and free school breakfast and lunch.

Illegal immigrants don't qualify for Obamacare, but under federal law, hospitals and clinics are required to provide urgent medical care without regard to legal status. Infant delivery costs are paid for by Medicaid.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies, 31% of such families use the SNAP program and more than 50% of Central American families in the US use at least one welfare program.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: snowy] #6524990
04/24/19 11:37 PM
04/24/19 11:37 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Stop assuming all illegals are milking the system. I've known and worked with illegals from all over ther world. Most that I've known are hard working individuals/ families who live very humbly, that's how they afford the "nicer" things. 99% of them don't come with debt pay with cash.

It's amazing what you can do when you don't have debt and live within your means. Do you really need the 2500 sq ft house for your family of 5, only to struggle to pay the bills etc...?

It should be mentioned that many illegals have lived two to three families to household,....a bit of a game changer to say the least.

Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: Wadarbr549] #6524996
04/24/19 11:49 PM
04/24/19 11:49 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by Wadarbr549
Illegal immigrants can’t get government benifits. I mean you got to have a social security number to get food stamps or anything.

No, but they can on behalf of their US born kids. There's the rub.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: snowy] #6524997
04/24/19 11:51 PM
04/24/19 11:51 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Very true. Also include those that work usually work 2+ jobs

Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: beaverpeeler] #6525004
04/25/19 12:08 AM
04/25/19 12:08 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I have a different attitude about illegal immigrants than most on here. My thinking is that their labor is a valuable asset to our economy and if with-held would cause a major downturn for all of us.

In 2018 illegal aliens contributed 13 billion to the SSA. Money that they probably will not get back in benefits unless laws are changed later. And I'm OK with that...pay to play. Except for schools and medical I don't agree with benefits for illegals. Schools they already pay taxes for, and to deny medical is just flat wrong.

I wish we had native born folks to take ag jobs like the ones I can never fill. But it ain't happening. For us farmers skilled ag labor is a precious commodity that is unfortunately shrinking. Strawberry farmers are switching to crops that can be machine picked. In October when I pick late blueberries I can't find anybody to pick since the vineyards are paying over $20 an hour for labor.

If SSA is accepting illegal contributions, wouldn't that be illegal? Tells you something right there.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Illegal migrants recieve US benifits [Re: snowy] #6525176
04/25/19 10:24 AM
04/25/19 10:24 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
If the private sector has a labor shortage, seems a simple and viable economic solution would be to free up some American labor by reducing the government workforce. I hate to see anybody lose a job, but it would appear there are ample opportunities for employment in the private sector for any hard working former government employee. Sure the private sector work will be easier and less challenging then the important work than they used to accomplish everyday, but I'm sure since all government employees are the best workers in America it would be a good natural fit.

"Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico. That's the most ever recorded and better than the $24.1 billion sent in 2016 over the same period."

Last edited by Dirt; 04/25/19 10:36 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread