No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Becoming a Hunting Guide [Re: BullOx] #6525209
04/25/19 11:21 AM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

As I already stated I have been on both hunting and fishing guided trips. Only 2 hunting trips. Got lucky all mine have been positive. I do a ton of research before I go to an unknown place and choose my guide. I target yellow fin tuna out of Venice, La. I use the same captain every time. The crew is a riot and keeps it fun even when they aren't biting. I have a feeling you are going to have to travel to get the experience you need. I am a relentless inshore salt water fisherman and actually are good friends with some of the top charter captains on the coast. They all seem to share the same personality and customer service. I have been asked repeatedly to get my captains license. I won't because I think when it becomes a job the fun goes out of it. Also I don't want the pressure of having someone else's money and having to produce results. What I do do is take folks fishing all the time and I truly enjoy it. If the kick in for gas or bait that is a plus but I generally don't even ask because I'm going anyway and it's fun to have company and see others excitement. And yes if any of you are going to be close to the Mississippi gulf coast I would love to have you just P M me and weather permitting we can go wet a line. No I'm not trying to break the rules cause there is no charge just the experience for you and me. And yes I love taking kids and family.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Becoming a Hunting Guide [Re: BullOx] #6525211
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Sorry didn't mean to high jack the thread.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Becoming a Hunting Guide [Re: BullOx] #6525483
04/25/19 07:03 PM
04/25/19 07:03 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by BullOx
TLGuy and DS, I have a pretty close family and wouldn't really want to move away for months at a time

IF you'd have to move to live your dream (at least for a while); but choose not to....you don't want it bad enough.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread