No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: James] #6529938
05/02/19 07:25 AM
05/02/19 07:25 AM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Originally Posted by James
I don't know what the passage about the pig and the cross is, so I can't comment about it.

There are 3.5 million Muslims in the US, only 1.1 percent of our population. I guess I won't lose any sleep worrying about them.

Jim

Ground breaking speech at the ceremony for digging your own grave.

"The voice of reason!"
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530083
05/02/19 11:42 AM
05/02/19 11:42 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by hippie
Thinking along the lines of the over-the-top religious people who will allow their child to die before allowing medical Cate, etc, etc.

Did this Christian think these people were heathens?

I think you hit the nail on the head in this case, Hippie. There are always going to be some over-zealous people on both sides of the aisle. In this case, the guy may have been like those who bring poisonous snakes as part of their service because of some scripture in they read in the OT that they have taken out of context or was written for their church.

Or, like the 144,000 saints in the book of Revelation which the Watchtower Society felt pertained to them. Ricarda Bradford a six year old could have lived with a blood transfusion. Instead, she died because her father refused the life-giving procedure. He quoted Genesis 9:3-4 and Leviticus 17:10-15 explaining that taking blood in the veins was the same as eating it.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: trapperkeck] #6530096
05/02/19 11:55 AM
05/02/19 11:55 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I don't know what the passage about the pig and the cross is, so I can't comment about it.

There are 3.5 million Muslims in the US, only 1.1 percent of our population. I guess I won't lose any sleep worrying about them.

Jim

MN has one of the highest population of Muslims in the US? Many parents have pulled their children out of one school and moved to another with fewer Muslims. Teachers have schools they will no longer teach in because of the Muslim student's behavior.

It's fine if they want to be here and become Americans and act like one. If you were in their country, they would expect the same from you.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530113
05/02/19 12:43 PM
05/02/19 12:43 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Trapper 7 the snake handling is in the New Testament.
I believe the 144,000 is referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
A Christian is under Grace not the law, so the man not allowing blood transfusion was confusing Judaism with Christianity.

Last edited by J Staton; 05/02/19 12:46 PM.

James 1: 19-20
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: Trapper7] #6530143
05/02/19 01:57 PM
05/02/19 01:57 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline OP
trapper
hippie  Offline OP
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by hippie
Thinking along the lines of the over-the-top religious people who will allow their child to die before allowing medical Cate, etc, etc.

Did this Christian think these people were heathens?

I think you hit the nail on the head in this case, Hippie. There are always going to be some over-zealous people on both sides of the aisle. In this case, the guy may have been like those who bring poisonous snakes as part of their service because of some scripture in they read in the OT that they have taken out of context or was written for their church.

Or, like the 144,000 saints in the book of Revelation which the Watchtower Society felt pertained to them. Ricarda Bradford a six year old could have lived with a blood transfusion. Instead, she died because her father refused the life-giving procedure. He quoted Genesis 9:3-4 and Leviticus 17:10-15 explaining that taking blood in the veins was the same as eating it.

I was hoping someone could see what line I was thinking along. Or at least talk about it instead of deflecting from it.
I believe there are rabid Christians like there are rabid Muslims who will kill because of their beliefs. I saw some wild talk here that surprised me from a really religious person.

I had one tell me, and I'm not Bible smart enough to know if it's true, that there ate anti-Semitic passages in it. (Not only against Jews.) That had me thinking when the couple killings happened that are said was religion against religion. (Christian against Muslim/Jews)

Anyhow, like anything in life, I believe you can go so far that you are actually a detriment wether it be religion, work or whatever. That's just my opinion and I do believe in God. That doesn't mean I can't look at these shootings objectively does it?

Last edited by hippie; 05/02/19 02:13 PM.
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: J Staton] #6530169
05/02/19 03:04 PM
05/02/19 03:04 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by J Staton
Trapper 7 the snake handling is in the New Testament.
I believe the 144,000 is referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
A Christian is under Grace not the law, so the man not allowing blood transfusion was confusing Judaism with Christianity.

The snake handling I saw on TV was a church from down south. They associated the snake handling from Exodus 7:10 when Aaron turned his staff into a snake. Pharaoh's magicians turned their staffs into snakes as well. But, Aaron's snake devoured their snakes.

The 144,00 is the 12 tribes of Israel. But, according to the Watchtower Society, it represents their group exclusively.

I'm not sure the Watchtower Society classifies themselves Christians, but are somewhere in between. Different from you and me, they don't believe Jesus' shed blood saved anyone. So, saved by grace has no meaning for them.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530173
05/02/19 03:10 PM
05/02/19 03:10 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
hippie, I know what you are saying. There are rabid Christians. I just don't see where there are as many of them as there are rabid Muslims based on the difference in their fundamental beliefs. It seems like every other day you hear where a group of radical Muslims shot up a church or a suicidal bomber killed 50 people in a shopping center somewhere much more than you hear about a radical Christian doing something similar.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530253
05/02/19 05:40 PM
05/02/19 05:40 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Trapper 7 I always thought the snake handlers practiced it from the book of Mark 16:18. Don't know why folks feel the need to prove their faith like that but to each his own I guess.
Worked with a Jehovah's Witness and the best I can figure from talking with him as they believe Jesus was the perfect man. Pretty sure they don't believe in the Holy Ghost also. Never could really pry it out of him.

Last edited by J Staton; 05/02/19 05:41 PM.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530256
05/02/19 05:45 PM
05/02/19 05:45 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Until fairly recently, most Americans self-identified as Christian no matter how nominal an impact the faith had in their lives. You're bound to drag up some unsavory characters in a net cast that wide. Christians are not a violent people. They go to church on Sunday and work on Monday, they don't blow people up.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: Posco] #6530266
05/02/19 05:54 PM
05/02/19 05:54 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Posco
Until fairly recently, most Americans self-identified as Christian no matter how nominal an impact the faith had in their lives. You're bound to drag up some unsavory characters in a net cast that wide. Christians are not a violent people. They go to church on Sunday and work on Monday, they don't blow people up.

A vast majority are peaceful. But, some people did some bombing of abortion clinics in the 90’s. They identified as Christian, although they weren’t really Christian, a real Christian wouldn’t do that. They would offer loving help to those suffering with the decision to have one.

I will say the majority of Muslims wouldn’t bomb either, but, you’re still a perfectly fine Muslim in the Koran if you do blow yourself up.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: DelawareRob] #6530268
05/02/19 05:58 PM
05/02/19 05:58 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by DelawareRob

A vast majority are peaceful. But, some people did some bombing of abortion clinics in the 90’s. They identified as Christian, although they weren’t really Christian, a real Christian wouldn’t do that. They would offer loving help to those suffering with the decision to have one.

I will say the majority of Muslims wouldn’t bomb either, but, you’re still a perfectly fine Muslim in the Koran if you do blow yourself up.

Watch it Rob, stating facts will get you called names. smile

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: trapperkeck] #6530578
05/03/19 06:58 AM
05/03/19 06:58 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Jim

There it is summed up in one sentence. Love it.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530630
05/03/19 08:27 AM
05/03/19 08:27 AM
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
R
Riverotter2 Offline
trapper
Riverotter2  Offline
trapper
R

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
We were told not long after 9/11 we should try and understand and live with Islam. We're always told to try and understand Islam, Hinduism, Shamanism and the list goes on about religions while Christians are under attack across the world even in America and even on here at times. Maybe it was something to what a man told me one time. All others are just religions and Christianity is reality. Just saying.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: DelawareRob] #6530723
05/03/19 11:34 AM
05/03/19 11:34 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline OP
trapper
hippie  Offline OP
trapper
H

pa

Yep, there were many abortion clinics/doctors bombed or shot in that period.

I always related the KKK to be religious people too back in the day.(50's up to the 70's) maybe Riverotter can shed some light on them since he's from the south and would have heard more about them than I have.

I agree that to compare the two religions, Muslims are far more extreme. Interesting discussion.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: J Staton] #6530735
05/03/19 12:08 PM
05/03/19 12:08 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by J Staton
Trapper 7 I always thought the snake handlers practiced it from the book of Mark 16:18. Don't know why folks feel the need to prove their faith like that but to each his own I guess.
Worked with a Jehovah's Witness and the best I can figure from talking with him as they believe Jesus was the perfect man. Pretty sure they don't believe in the Holy Ghost also. Never could really pry it out of him.

Jehovahs witness believe Jesus was Michael the archangel. I kid you not. The won't give you that up front, though, you have to pry it out of them.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: DelawareRob] #6530736
05/03/19 12:11 PM
05/03/19 12:11 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

The difference is, Jesus never taught us to kill our enemies. Mohamed did.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530806
05/03/19 02:00 PM
05/03/19 02:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline OP
trapper
hippie  Offline OP
trapper
H

pa
Does the Bible Pa Skinner? I read that it does.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6530856
05/03/19 03:27 PM
05/03/19 03:27 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

I'll just put this here...

Shocking video of children in Philadelphia Muslim Society: 'We will chop off their heads' for Allah

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-philadelphia-muslim-society-children

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6532275
05/05/19 11:41 PM
05/05/19 11:41 PM
Michigan
J
JSfab Offline
trapper
JSfab  Offline
trapper
J

Michigan
Hippie, I assume you are referring to the Old Testament, and the old mosaic law, which was mostly done away with in the new covenant. The only commandments from the Old Testament that Christians are required to keep are the ones that Jesus reinforced in the new, (which includes 9 of the original 10 commandments) but I will focus on the subject at hand. From what I have read, and understand from reading the New Testament, no true follower of Christ under ANY circumstances will take the life of another human being, EVER. I will list just a few quotes of Jesus here:
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother
will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) of fire.”
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?”
“And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
“And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.”

These are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head.

As to Islam and the Koran, I have never read the Koran nor studied Islam in any form except for what I heard or read from others. So therefore, I can not comment or make statements about it with any authority.

Re: It wasn't a Muslim, but a Christian? [Re: hippie] #6532300
05/06/19 05:16 AM
05/06/19 05:16 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
PAskinner said "Jehovahs witness believe Jesus was Michael the archangel" That's exactly what they believe and teach, when you get in far enough. That throws the Trinity out the window!

A few years back in a town near here a so called Jehovahs witness shot and killed his wife, then shot a cop and he returned fire and hit him. They rushed him to the hospital with large blood loss and he refused blood on his religious faith. They got a judge out of bed at 2 a.m. to get an order to give him blood.Now it wasn't against his faith to kill his wife or shoot a cop but it was to take blood. He lived but I never heard what sentence he got. I knew a guy that worked at the hospital. We are living in a crazy mixed up world.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread