No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Wanna Be] #6532280
05/05/19 11:57 PM
05/05/19 11:57 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Congratulations on your successful hunts.

As to your statement that Mexico is just like the USA, you need to get back on your medications. I would suggest that you not get comfortable with that feeling. Mexico has never been and will never be like the USA.

I had a friend go down with his airplane in the Sierra Madres in Old Mexico and when the plane was found it had 17 bullet holes in it. His body was never recovered and the Federales said it was probably eaten by a bear wolves or a mountain lion. Yeah, right.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Wanna Be] #6532292
05/06/19 04:00 AM
05/06/19 04:00 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Beautiful bird for sure!

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Wanna Be] #6532296
05/06/19 04:54 AM
05/06/19 04:54 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
sounds like you had a great hunt thanks for sharing how much did it cost ?

Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Wanna Be] #6532349
05/06/19 07:57 AM
05/06/19 07:57 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Now that's a good looking bird!!!

You gonna have it mounted whole?

Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Wanna Be] #6532593
05/06/19 05:15 PM
05/06/19 05:15 PM
Kentucky
A
Abu65 Offline
trapper
Abu65  Offline
trapper
A

Kentucky
Very nice.

It is what it is.
Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Abu65] #6532880
05/07/19 08:24 AM
05/07/19 08:24 AM
West Virginia
W
WV Danimal Offline
trapper
WV Danimal  Offline
trapper
W

West Virginia
Thought of the royal/world slam since my wife and I have taken our grand slams. Checked out your outfitter's website, won't go a step further with any that won't list their price on the site. To me that only means they are too expensive and not worth my time of contacting them for the price of a hunt. There are several other outfitters offering the goulds hunts that do list the prices, seems about in line with the rate of a 3 day Osceola hunt in Florida. I've never paid an outfitter for a guided turkey hunt so I guess I could treat ourselves to a Mexico Goulds in the near future.

Trash your goals and plans for life. Just wing it and you'll never be let down!
Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6532908
05/07/19 09:10 AM
05/07/19 09:10 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by Cedar Hacker
Congratulations on your successful hunts.

As to your statement that Mexico is just like the USA, you need to get back on your medications. I would suggest that you not get comfortable with that feeling. Mexico has never been and will never be like the USA.

I had a friend go down with his airplane in the Sierra Madres in Old Mexico and when the plane was found it had 17 bullet holes in it. His body was never recovered and the Federales said it was probably eaten by a bear wolves or a mountain lion. Yeah, right.

Apparently you might want to watch our news sometime. People are murdered everyday here just like there, lol. You ever heard of Chicago or Detroit?
No doubt we live in the greatest Country in the world. But just like Mexico, we also have our bad areas. Every town in America has them. Heck, pull up Albany Ga. where I work. Per capita we are the murder capital of the world.

And it’s quite possible your friend was eaten by wild animals. They have all you mentioned.

Last edited by Wanna Be; 05/07/19 09:45 AM.
Re: Royal Slam Complete [Re: WV Danimal] #6532915
05/07/19 09:21 AM
05/07/19 09:21 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by WV Danimal
Thought of the royal/world slam since my wife and I have taken our grand slams. Checked out your outfitter's website, won't go a step further with any that won't list their price on the site. To me that only means they are too expensive and not worth my time of contacting them for the price of a hunt. There are several other outfitters offering the goulds hunts that do list the prices, seems about in line with the rate of a 3 day Osceola hunt in Florida. I've never paid an outfitter for a guided turkey hunt so I guess I could treat ourselves to a Mexico Goulds in the near future.

Your choice. But I will say this, be very careful and read the fine print of those that do advertise. I looked at one site that seemed to good to be true, and it was, lol.
Everything on the Outfitters website I used was true. In fact, our flight was cancelled on the return trip home and changed to the next day and our outfitter stayed to take us to the airport as advertised.
He only hunts 4-6 weeks of the season and generally nothing the first few weeks for mating purposes. The Outfitter is also a professor at the University of Chihuahua teaching Wildlife management.

The price I paid was $2950 with $1000 down when you send back your contract and the remainder at the end of your hunt. Pretty sure I posted I’m not rich or college educated, but that price with everything he includes was dang good compared to some I’ve seen. And it included 2 birds.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread