No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
political correctness #6534974
05/10/19 06:16 AM
05/10/19 06:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Who gets to decide what that is? Now I don't know what these teachers were thinking. Not very smart.

I never been to a lynching. Can't help but think though that most of them were probably done with a catch rope and a honda, rather than taking time to make a hangmans noose. I suspect most victims of lynching strangled rather than got a broken neck. Rope tossed over a limb or barn rafter or maybe a snatch block , and the victim pulled up by a horse with a dally on a horn.

Anyway this wasn't very smart, but suspended? I get offended by affirmative action but such discrimination is still government sanctioned. Where did the idea come from that people have a right to not be offended?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/principal-teachers-suspended-noose-leaked-photo-203413175.html

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6534986
05/10/19 06:53 AM
05/10/19 06:53 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
[Linked Image]

Cubs fan banned for life for this racist symbol?????

James 1: 19-20
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6534988
05/10/19 06:56 AM
05/10/19 06:56 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Dunno what's going on there. More to it than we're being told.

Political correctness is tyrannical hate speech being disguised as politeness. Real Americans stand tall against political correctness.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6534992
05/10/19 07:00 AM
05/10/19 07:00 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
In what context what this photo taken or have we completely forgotten that little detail?

[Linked Image]
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535025
05/10/19 07:58 AM
05/10/19 07:58 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Public school teachers and administrators make for easy targets. The stunt above was a brain fart gone wrong big-time. Simple rules for teachers to follow in today's world: don't touch, don't say or do anything that could be misinterpreted, follow the rules from the office, and retire from teaching as soon as economically possible.

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535049
05/10/19 08:46 AM
05/10/19 08:46 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
How do we know she wasnt using the noose in her class to teach criminal justice history and took a snapshot with her fellow teachers? A lot of criminals been hanged...

Context..context...context...

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535069
05/10/19 09:26 AM
05/10/19 09:26 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Got a sister inlaw that is an art teacher.. says she can't do anything holiday related art any more.. has to watch every project she does or some parent is offended..Seems it's the extremist that rule everything any more..I know as a fire fighter it changed a lot from when i started until I retired. I'm told has change a bunch since I retired.
I guess living where I have here in midwest I don't get some of the problems that others have or had??? There was supposedly a lynching here in our city 100 years ago or so.. To be honest I don't know if the person they hung was black or white or what knot was in the rope. Was a mob mentality type thing and someone got strung up..it seems now days everyone whats everyone fired from their job for everything or anything.. Like people wanted me fired for the cat thing...
No one wants to take the time to explain to their children why some thing are what they are. Young kids don't know they should be offend until someone else tells them. History is what it is we can't change that..But we don't have to keep throwing every single symbol that might offend someone into the fire.. The article didn't say why those teacher had that photo taken?? why that particular knot??Then someone over reacts..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535081
05/10/19 09:40 AM
05/10/19 09:40 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Probably more to the story than the twist the media wants from it.

But it's no different than the schools blowing things out of proportions that the kids do, say or wear.

Way to much attention given to offensiveness and gender nowadays.

Re: political correctness [Re: J Staton] #6535120
05/10/19 11:03 AM
05/10/19 11:03 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by J Staton
[Linked Image]

Cubs fan banned for life for this racist symbol?????

I don't get why that's a racist symbol. I've always known it as a game since the 90's. The game goes, one makes the gesture if someone sees it and doesn't immediately "break it" that person gets punched in the arm or leg. Kinda like slug bug.

A noose in the office? I want to know context of why. Heck growing up the principal had a long thick wood paddle with holes and would use it on students sho were sent there for misbehaving

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535187
05/10/19 01:23 PM
05/10/19 01:23 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I strongly suspect that most people of any color or race, who got lynched, did something worthy of being lynched, not all people, but definitely most. The people lynched were found guilty by the local public, sentenced by the local public and punished by the local public.

Keith

Re: political correctness [Re: KeithC] #6535202
05/10/19 02:07 PM
05/10/19 02:07 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by KeithC
I strongly suspect that most people of any color or race, who got lynched, did something worthy of being lynched, not all people, but definitely most. The people lynched were found guilty by the local public, sentenced by the local public and punished by the local public.

Keith

I would tend to argue differently I know of several lunchings and every one was over what would be considered minor things a lot like what so many of these people that are so offended by everything are offended by, unless you consider accidentally knocking a white girl down grounds for being lynched that is, or maybe simply being black in a white part of town after dark, or maybe you mean the 15 yo Indian boy in the town I grew up in that was lynched for having gone into a store where he got into an argument with the owner over something and knocked him down, that was before my time but my grandmother remembered the whole incident

Most of the lynching I know of the person lynched was never tried never convicted and mostly never even jailed for what they were lynched for

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: political correctness [Re: nightlife] #6535204
05/10/19 02:17 PM
05/10/19 02:17 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by nightlife
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

I would tend to argue differently I know of several lunchings and every one was over what would be considered minor things a lot like what so many of these people that are so offended by everything are offended by, unless you consider accidentally knocking a white girl down grounds for being lynched that is, or maybe simply being black in a white part of town after dark, or maybe you mean the 15 yo Indian boy in the town I grew up in that was lynched for having gone into a store where he got into an argument with the owner over something and knocked him down, that was before my time but my grandmother remembered the whole incident

Most of the lynching I know of the person lynched was never tried never convicted and mostly never even jailed for what they were lynched for

Look at all the actual lynchings that took place, not just the ones that have been selected as examples of racial misjustice and you will see that most people lynched very likely committed crimes that would of resulted in the death penalty or at least led to very lengthy prison sentences. Large numbers of white men were lynched too.

Even the NAACP, in their "History of Lynchings" admit that most people lynched, were lynched for committing homicide.

History is being rewritten for an agenda.

Keith

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535405
05/10/19 09:50 PM
05/10/19 09:50 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The only thing that would bother me about hanging someone is if they were not guilty of a capital crime.
If guilty of a capital crime,hanging is actually a very acceptable and humane method of capital punishment.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535445
05/10/19 10:13 PM
05/10/19 10:13 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
A .22 between the eyes up about an inch seems to be the most humane on any animal from a squirrel to a deer and everything in between. Bet it would even work on 2 legged predators.

Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535451
05/10/19 10:17 PM
05/10/19 10:17 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
So all the cowboy movies I watched growing up were racist and I never knew it...where’s my safe space?

Last edited by Wanna Be; 05/10/19 10:17 PM.
Re: political correctness [Re: danny clifton] #6535595
05/11/19 12:25 AM
05/11/19 12:25 AM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
If someone is offended by something, they need to get over it. I, for one, am sick nd tired of hearing how "offended" someone is by just about anything, these days. Iam DONE trying to keep from saying what someone may not like. Tough taters. Deal with it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread