No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lost Words From Our Childhood [Re: Trapper7] #6539655
05/18/19 07:49 AM
05/18/19 07:49 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Ill give you something to cry about!!

Re: Lost Words From Our Childhood [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6539656
05/18/19 07:50 AM
05/18/19 07:50 AM
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by Stewie
Anyone else drag main on Friday and Saturday nights? Mentioned it to my kids when they were in high school and they looked at me like I had two heads.

That's all we did.....every night. Didn't want to go home, might miss something! Seems pretty dorky nowdays....but, not much else to do! We had a plsce we would go out drag racing every chance we got. Cops would come, and we'd scatter five different directions. Don't remember anyone getting caught! Fast cars were pretty important back then!

we did too Lee(dino sours)

Re: Lost Words From Our Childhood [Re: Trapper7] #6539692
05/18/19 09:06 AM
05/18/19 09:06 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Been a while since I seen anyone
"Just going in circles"..
or
"Painting them selves into a corner".....
Still see a lot of
"Walk Offs"
just don't here anyone call them that.
Haven't heard anyone but myself call anyone..
"Numb Nuts" for sometime either

I got a long list have always been good and name calling and labels. Learned from my old man..
Kids do use some now I don't know though.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Lost Words From Our Childhood [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6539701
05/18/19 09:18 AM
05/18/19 09:18 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Anyone else drag main on Friday and Saturday nights? Mentioned it to my kids when they were in high school and they looked at me like I had two heads.

That's all we did.....every night. Didn't want to go home, might miss something! Seems pretty dorky nowdays....but, not much else to do! We had a plsce we would go out drag racing every chance we got. Cops would come, and we'd scatter five different directions. Don't remember anyone getting caught! Fast cars were pretty important back then!

Same here....we had a spot on interstate 93 that was 1/4 mile....all the Kids at The burger joint would gather on the Ash street Bridge and watch us Drag race on the highway below. Of course back in 1975 there wasn’t much traffic ....we did all our racing at night. Then there was grudge night racing @ New England Dragway 40 minutes away....and for 2.00 ...you could race anyone you wanted to...and get Time tickets ....we lived up there !! Drop the headers and bolt on the slicks...drive it up..and drive it home.

Last edited by Nessmuck; 05/18/19 09:25 AM.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Lost Words From Our Childhood [Re: Stewie] #6539719
05/18/19 10:10 AM
05/18/19 10:10 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

We would "cruise" Main in downtown Miami, OK. Then it got to the point that the police started cracking down on it and writing tickets for every little infraction they could find... And a few they made up when they couldn't find any... It died out not long after.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread