No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions #6538477
05/16/19 07:57 AM
05/16/19 07:57 AM
Carroll county, maryland
E
ejgartland Offline OP
trapper
ejgartland  Offline OP
trapper
E

Carroll county, maryland
Hey guys and gals looking for some suggestions for a trip for my son and me for next week down in myrtle beach. Were going on a family vacation and I dont care for the beach so I'm going fishing instead can anyone point me in the direction of a good kid friendly head boat or other options. Mostly just want him to catch some fish dont really care what kind.

Re: Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions [Re: ejgartland] #6538557
05/16/19 10:28 AM
05/16/19 10:28 AM
robertson co ky
S
sako22 Offline
trapper
sako22  Offline
trapper
S

robertson co ky
me and my son fished with hurricane fleet charters. They were right across border into north Carolina. It was like a 4-5 hr trip and my son caught several fish. Everything was furnished for the trip. Boat was pretty crowded the day we went so you'll want to watch the other people pretty close to keep from possibly getting hooked. Lol... It was reasonably priced. But be warned that if the ocean is rough it is pretty miserable out there trying to fish. Boat rolling constantly and it's hard to stand up sometimes. People were laying out all over the galley from sea sickness!. Lol.. But the captain said that usually it wasn't as rough as what we experienced. A storm was moving in from out at sea and had it all stirred up. Good luck and enjoy the fishing. They also do a dolphin cruise out of the same inlet that is a pretty neat trip for the whole family. But if you take that cruise, don't go to the top deck. Stay down in the air conditioned cabin. Top deck really rocks and when they pull up to the shrimp boat to get stuff out of the nets for the kids if you are on top deck the kids can't hardly get down to look at the critters and stuff they dump out of the net. My bunch all insisted on going to the top deck. I told them it was a bad idea but they knew more than me. Lol.. so after about an hour of baking in the hot sun and constantly rolling back and forth they were ready to get down into the air conditioned cabin. Lol . But after boat is on the open water it"s nearly impossible to get off top deck back down onto lower deck. Good luck

Re: Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions [Re: ejgartland] #6538600
05/16/19 11:33 AM
05/16/19 11:33 AM
PA
M
marathonman Offline
trapper
marathonman  Offline
trapper
M

PA
check this out I hear they are good and I was told to to go on the offshore trip out to the gulfstream https://www.breakers.com/news/captain-dicks-deep-sea-fishing-trips-near-myrtle-beach/

Re: Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions [Re: ejgartland] #6538661
05/16/19 01:36 PM
05/16/19 01:36 PM
Carroll county, maryland
E
ejgartland Offline OP
trapper
ejgartland  Offline OP
trapper
E

Carroll county, maryland
Well with all the reading I am doing im coming up with flounder, redfish, black drum and trout are running good Inshore and my wife has given me the ok the just charter a boat just for the 2 of us. I'm more worried about him getting sea sick and being miserable out in the ocean he always does good on my boat on the lakes around home and does good out on the Chesapeake bay but we dont go out if its rough. At least this way if he doesn't do good I can ask tha capital to take us back and not ruin fishing for him hes only 7

Re: Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions [Re: ejgartland] #6538730
05/16/19 03:27 PM
05/16/19 03:27 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
If you go out from the crowds, into the marshes near Myrtle Beach, you can catch lots of blue crabs. It's been a long time since I have been down there, but the last time I was, I had lots of fun and got some pretty good food, catching blue crabs and red snapper in the streams in the marshes and digging clams there too. It''s a whole lot cheaper than a charter.

I did get stuck in the muck in one marsh and had to use a seine to belly crawl out, through the reeds.

Keith

Re: Myrtle beach charter trip suggestions [Re: ejgartland] #6538732
05/16/19 03:39 PM
05/16/19 03:39 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Watch your weather. Any winds out of the east, don't go. Look for an off shore wind coming somewhere from the west. My own experience is the inshore fishery is not very good. It takes longer, and more money, but you should really go out to the gulf stream.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread