No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Hungry Red Fox #6540023
05/18/19 09:30 PM
05/18/19 09:30 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
My Bride spotted an adult Red Fox a few minutes ago as it crossed the road and entered our front yard. After slipping under our rail fence it made a bee-line for the base of the big White Pine where I have a big bear blubber cage hanging about 6 feet off the ground....I feed bear fat to the woodpeckers all winter. The cage has been emptied by the birds and beasts just in the last day or so. The fox trotted around the base of the tree, I assume looking for scraps it must have eaten in earlier trips. Finding none, the fox headed around the house toward the swamp out back. On the way it passed about 5 gallons of apple leftovers where I dumped there from gleaning the last of October's bounty I'd had stored in the back room ( I made a big ol' apple crisp!). I dumped it there yesterday. That fox settled right in and started pigging out, even doing like a bear and laying down as it ate. After eating a bunch, it got up, wandered off, returned to eat more, then finally trotted off into the swamp. Neat.

Last edited by J.Morse; 05/18/19 09:32 PM.

Re: Hungry Red Fox [Re: J.Morse] #6540034
05/18/19 09:47 PM
05/18/19 09:47 PM
Saltlake city utah
S
Steelflight Offline
trapper
Steelflight  Offline
trapper
S

Saltlake city utah
Set a game cam up. See what else comes. Lol

You may think before you act. The question is did you listen to your own council?
Re: Hungry Red Fox [Re: Steelflight] #6540037
05/18/19 09:54 PM
05/18/19 09:54 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
[quote=Steelflight]Set a game cam up. See what else comes. Lol[/quote