No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? #6539589
05/18/19 02:04 AM
05/18/19 02:04 AM
Alberta
B
Bad Dog Offline OP
trapper
Bad Dog  Offline OP
trapper
B

Alberta
Gosh I like snares!!!

Like snares as in lethal snares! In Alberta we are allowed quick kill snares of course. Yes, I know many of you cannot use such devices... no need to state the obvious.. Please?!!

Curious.... in Canada, western Canada especially, folks are quite up on the times when it comes to the newest and latest quick kill snare snare.

Three sizes of snare springs now, even have number designations, original #11, then the Magnum came like 5 years ago or so? Magnums #22

And now... the #33 like holy crap!!! What an animal!!! A Super Magnum Stinger! I even had the priveledge to field test the thing with 400 coyotes in it. Truthfully I have never seen anything like it in a common neck snare!

Are you up on modernized fast kill equipment?

canadiancoyotecompany.com
Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6539672
05/18/19 08:16 AM
05/18/19 08:16 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
only on what I read wouldn't even think of snaring in Mi. although its legal at certain times in certain places with certain equiptment

olden tyred
Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6539790
05/18/19 12:12 PM
05/18/19 12:12 PM
nebraska
S
scheide Online content
trapper
scheide  Online Content
trapper
S

nebraska
I was until you keep coming out with new stuff!!!!

Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6539794
05/18/19 12:18 PM
05/18/19 12:18 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I applaud Marty for improving the tool to insure the most humane kill obtainable where and when it is applicable.
Like a 330,common sense rules the day when applying these devices.Like any profession,proper trapper education and training is crucial.
Snares are a versatile tool,they can be modified to kill or to restrain.Where and when to apply the right tool for the job is where the trapper ed comes in.
Too much at risk nowadays to turn people loose with lethal or restraining devices when they have no clue what they are doing.

Last edited by Boco; 05/18/19 12:24 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6539816
05/18/19 12:59 PM
05/18/19 12:59 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I was talking to Saskbone the other day, and he said jokingly, the next one he puts out will be the size of a ram spring! Kidding aside, I love em, and use them a lot, but you gotta ere on the side of prudence down here, or the tool will be gone!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6539823
05/18/19 01:23 PM
05/18/19 01:23 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Dang, I still have not got enough experience to decide if I would stick with the original or the magnum. Both seem to be working great on the few yotes I snared last year. Figured another season of using them I would have made up my mind which one to standardize into my line, now I will have a third choice. crazy
At this rate I won't ever be able to make up my mind. grin
Yes Lee, caution is needed to use them. A little common sense will go a long way, but one idiot or a pour choice could ruin it for us all. I am sure glad we have the relaxed regs we do and hope others will use caution so it stays that way. Just 15 miles from my home across the state line all folks can legally use is CRs.

Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6540132
05/19/19 12:32 AM
05/19/19 12:32 AM
Alberta
B
Bad Dog Offline OP
trapper
Bad Dog  Offline OP
trapper
B

Alberta
Everything seems to have it's place, not everybody's backyards are the same. Even in Alberta there are some places where only CRs should be used.

So the original spring, (now deemed #11) was much better than the coil-ey compression springs, then the trigger added made it a step up. Then the Magnum (now deemed #22) was built because the tool compressed the heavy spring, not the coyote anymore (even tho one "science nut-job" thinks they still do, he's wrong!) (how very non-post-modernist of me!)(yes shame on me!) and again even better results yet, night and day difference!

And then the SuperMagnum #33 has landed... WOW!!! I love 'em... immensely!!! I have seen crazy stuff this winter.

Most everything goes down now from occlusion of the carotid arteries, even the scorned low neck captures, I must add if you do it right.

I still like the Magnum #22's, but the superior strength of the #33 coupled with increased arm length throw... QUITE THE ANIMAL!!! Yet with the Magnums I have been hearing many stories of coyotes going down in 60 seconds and fully expired within minutes on trail cameras. That was the intended goal for a kill snare. Just is a very good idea to keep them away from the populated areas.

I'll try to post a favorite pic from this past season. The story is in the snow. Taken with a #22 Magnum. Typical staked/ground-anchored catch, low on neck, as blasted as they come!!!

[Linked Image]

canadiancoyotecompany.com
Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Bad Dog] #6540247
05/19/19 09:33 AM
05/19/19 09:33 AM
Manitoba Canada
M
MB Coonguy Offline
trapper
MB Coonguy  Offline
trapper
M

Manitoba Canada
yup that looks pretty deadly to me-well done.gotta love when they just get better and better at what they are designed to do!

Re: Stingers... Magnum Stingers... Super Magnums??? [Re: Boco] #6540269
05/19/19 09:59 AM
05/19/19 09:59 AM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY
Originally Posted by Boco
I applaud Marty for improving the tool to insure the most humane kill obtainable where and when it is applicable.
Like a 330,common sense rules the day when applying these devices.Like any profession,proper trapper education and training is crucial.
Snares are a versatile tool,they can be modified to kill or to restrain.Where and when to apply the right tool for the job is where the trapper ed comes in.
Too much at risk nowadays to turn people loose with lethal or restraining devices when they have no clue what they are doing.

2X

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread