No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: HELP! what is killing my trees? [Re: Kart29] #6541723
05/21/19 06:24 PM
05/21/19 06:24 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline
trapper
brianmall  Offline
trapper
B

Indiana
We dropped under our zone for a week this winter. Guy at the garden shop we frequent says that the below zone temps killed a lot of trees.

Told me this after I inquired about apple, cherry,and peach trees.

Re: HELP! what is killing my trees? [Re: Kart29] #6541750
05/21/19 07:25 PM
05/21/19 07:25 PM
Mn
W
Whopper Stopper Offline
trapper
Whopper Stopper  Offline
trapper
W

Mn
Anthracnose, look it up

WS

Re: HELP! what is killing my trees? [Re: Kart29] #6541869
05/21/19 11:05 PM
05/21/19 11:05 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by Kart29
Originally Posted by USAFtrapper
These are all fungal issues and wont kill your trees. The apple has apple scab, the oaks appear to have anthracnose and it's hard to tell on the taxodium but I'd assume fungal as well. All can be treated with fungicide applications starting at bud break. We have a record rainfall this year and cold temps which leads to fungal outbreaks. I spray hundreds of trees every year for these issues.

Are there any particular fungicides you would recommend?

I can all but guarantee that it is not fungus on all of the different species which you have listed as damaged. Fungi are host specific as well as relatively rare to begin with. It would be exceedingly rare (bordering on absolutely impossible) for 3 to 4 different types of fungi to simultaneously attack 3 to 4 different species of plants at the very same time.
As far as what fungicide to use, the window of opportunity for control of the fungus has long passed. The damage would already have been done.
A late frost, as Flipper suggested would be a more likely cause of this kind of damage since it was across multiple species.

Re: HELP! what is killing my trees? [Re: Kart29] #6541967
05/22/19 07:36 AM
05/22/19 07:36 AM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
If it is herbicide drift you need to contact your state agriculture asap. They should have a department to investigate claims like yours. They will take samples and analyze them for chemicals.

Our neighbor had his beans sprayed by airplane for aphids one summer and the drift came across road and contaminated all my yard and garden. The chemical they used had on label not to go into field for a week.

I was in my living room when I heard and saw plane go by and saw the chemical mist drift onto my yard. I documented everything I could, time, color of plane, wind speed, wind direction. I then contacted the state and they came out and took samples and tested them. The pilot denied hurting my garden until the day after we both got the chemical analysis report back that said all my produce had been contaminated with the pesticide he was using. He wrote me a check the next day.

If I had not been home that day I would never have known any of my garden and yard had been sprayed.

We are poisoning ourselves with all these chemicals especially when not applied with utmost care.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread