No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
What a week it's been #6540826
05/20/19 08:07 AM
05/20/19 08:07 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Boy can buying a house be stressful I had forgotten how much. I bought my first house when I was 22 years old fresh out of college, and I've continued to update it the last 10 years I've been here. Just finished the kitchen tiling on it this weekend while working overnights. Add a couple kids to the equation and we've outgrown it. I was approached by a gal I work with as her landlord has asked her to sign a new lease and she is looking for a permanent fix and the timing was finally right to let it go.

She offered cash for my house which I obviously had to jump on as she gave me a relatively amazing offer with some work that still needs to be done on it. So then I began to house hunt which I also haven't even thought of for years. It's definitely a seller's market. Houses were falling off the market faster than I could get in to see them. Then came the request that since she was paying in cash we skip the middle man (the realtor) and I became a realtor for a couple days. Interestingly I did not find the transition that difficult I simply got a purchase contract from a local title company and began to fill in the blanks. Then came the back and forth with my lender 64 pages of documents to go through sign and initial. Luckily everything seems to be going just fine and a tentative closing date is only two weeks away.

I threw in an offer on a house that was 16k under asking and was expecting an addendum however they have already moved on and are miles away. I almost couldn't believe it when I they had accepted the next day, but at least this whirl wind is coming to an end. This house should be perfect for the four of us to grow, and the kids instantly loved this place asking if we could move in that night. My wife made sure that it has an extra bedroom for Matt my buddy from Indiana that has trapped with me for three seasons for when he comes to town.

Today I go to pick-up another deal I kind of fell into with a 2010 Ford Fusion with 100,000 miles for 2k. That's around a 1/3 of the cost for it in this area, but a lady I know is getting a brand new car and I told her I'd pay cash for it 6 months ago rather than her trade it in. She approached me a month or so ago and said it was almost time to buy that new car and her husband had agreed to the 2k. I also started a grueling clinical rotation this week for the summer with 160 hours of clinical for graduate school in 12 weeks. SO in the last week I've sold my house, bought a house, started clinical, and bought a car. All the while working full time nights. People keep telling me I'm lucky I don't feel lucky....I've just put in the work.

I hope I don't have to move from this place for a while, and already have envisions of fixing up the kitchen....maybe I'll take a little break.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1831-Carlyle-St-Beatrice-NE-68310/107185537_zpid/

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: What a week it's been [Re: WadeRyan] #6540874
05/20/19 09:30 AM
05/20/19 09:30 AM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Wade,
Your on the right path. By this time next year things will look easy compared to right now. Good luck.

Re: What a week it's been [Re: WadeRyan] #6540893
05/20/19 09:51 AM
05/20/19 09:51 AM
North, MS
T
TrapperCarl78 Offline
trapper
TrapperCarl78  Offline
trapper
T

North, MS
That’s a grind. It will all pay off soon. Looks like a nice place you purchased.

TC
Re: What a week it's been [Re: WadeRyan] #6540909
05/20/19 10:34 AM
05/20/19 10:34 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
You are not lucky. God has given you wisdom, a work ethic has been developed, God has given you a good wife and blessed you with kids. He will see you through all of it and continue to grow you, if you seek His guidance. Enjoy your blessings!

Re: What a week it's been [Re: WadeRyan] #6540935
05/20/19 11:46 AM
05/20/19 11:46 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
How many sq feet is the house? It said 1176 but that dont look right. Looks bigger then that.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread