No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Smoking Pickled Eggs? [Re: Macthediver] #6542391
05/22/19 09:39 PM
05/22/19 09:39 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Well I went and done it. Got me 4 dozen eggs and boil 3 dozen. Also made a dozen baked eggs. Bake eggs is something my fishing buddy showed me several years ago. Lot of piddling to make but are good eatin. You tap a hole in end of the egg pour insides out. I showed my buddy how we blew the insides out with straw when we were kids he never seen that. I even used a can of the compressed air that you blow out computer keyboard with. Just have to be careful not launch egg. I seen once one them cooking shows where they had a small mixer like a dremel tool mix yokes and whites right in the shell..
Anyway you get the insides of the eggs out mix them up good with your favorite spice. These I did with just black pepper, Lawery Salt, and little poutry season made by a local company. Hard part is getting the scrabbled eggs back in the shell. I know I used a marinating syringe years back. But not knowing where it is if I still have it I used a small funnel..Then with them back in card board holder, bake in the oven at 250 for about 30 minutes or until hard..
This was my messing around for the afternoon.

First get the 3 doz eggsboiling..
[Linked Image]

Tap open and blow insides out of 1 doz eggs scrable and pour back in...
[Linked Image]

Baked in oven this is how they look when come out.
[Linked Image]

Not pretty when ya get them peeled but definitely interesting looking. I'm not a food snob that worries about how something looks, more about taste..
[Linked Image]

Pop them all in Smoker go do some yard work for couple hours...smoker ran at about 125
[Linked Image]

Here is how the baked ones looked after came out of the smoker..
[Linked Image]

Baked egg and regular hard boiled after came out of smoker
[Linked Image]

Two dozen of the plain smoked eggs soaking in pickling bath. Got couple of the baked one in there too.. I choose to let them soak for at least couple days before I try them. Probably wait until I come home monday from the weekend at camper.
[Linked Image]

I will say I ate one egg right out of the smoker. was actually a mistake because I had so much smoke in my face right then. Couldn't really tell how it tasted? Idid eat one of the baked one little later and a plain boiled egg smoked. They are both yummy by my standards..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Smoking Pickled Eggs? [Re: Macthediver] #6542674
05/23/19 01:13 PM
05/23/19 01:13 PM
western alaska
Malukchuk Offline
trapper
Malukchuk  Offline
trapper

western alaska
looks good mac I am gonna try that out. Thanks.

Water is good for two things, Floating Ships and making Beer.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread