No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
anybody use "wild lettuce"...? #6544850
05/27/19 11:15 AM
05/27/19 11:15 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Its a soft-needled thistle that is quite common as a weed. I had some growing around the base of my house's foundation last year so I pulled it. stripped the leaves, and it dried down quite nicely. I tried it once by making a tea but think I used way too many leaves and after about 3-4 sips, didn't like how I was starting to feel. Sort of freaked me out. I know people use it for a number of things, especailly getting to sleep with various chronic illnesses. Just trying to gauge how to dose it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-342/wild-lettuce

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: anybody use "wild lettuce"...? [Re: NonPCfed] #6544995
05/27/19 02:58 PM
05/27/19 02:58 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I just pulled around 40 wild lettuce plants, around an hour ago. I used it to mulch around an apple tree. The wild lettuce seeds float around on the wind and get in my flower and vegetable beds. Wild lettuce grows very rapidly. If you pull it near the base, the spines are not to bad on your hands. A few inches more up, the spines will stick you and occasionally break off in you. Further up from that, the top will break off when you pull.

I would not want to consume it because of the nasty, latex like sap.

I would happily flip a switch and eradicate wild lettuce from my farm. At least it pulls pretty easy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Keith

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread