Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Question for TDHP about testing lures [Re: clintp1971] #6546768
05/30/19 09:34 PM
05/30/19 09:34 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
My question is can you expand on that a little bit? Do you just make mock sets? How close to each othe? What time of year ? Specifically do you test in the summer months? How often do you “ check” them?

Thought it was pretty straight forward, no tricks are involved.

Baits and lures are a tool to aid the trapper not do a magic trick.

I've always typed ^^^and never believed in the magic. I believe if more people would just get out and test they would figure it out as well. I also believe in common sense, which I know is hard to except when so many are lead to believe in wizardry when it comes to bait and lure. If one odor did it all there would be no need for variety, and it would take all the fun out of trying to outsmart the critters when it came to bait&lure while introducing a trap setup.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Question for TDHP about testing lures [Re: clintp1971] #6615378
09/12/19 05:19 PM
09/12/19 05:19 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Wassup? How goes the testing? You ready for the season or have you been hitting'em all year doing adc work?

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91