No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
7.65 mm Lonque, MAS-38 submachine gun #6550242
06/05/19 11:50 PM
06/05/19 11:50 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
I was in a local antique mall today and saw a 30-round sub machine gun mag. It wasn't 9mm but was 7.65 or 7.62 and they wanted $40 for it. I thought it was German but looking around, I think it was a French MAS-38 (Germans used them as well after they beat the French in 1940). I hadn't seen that in the shop before so someone must have recently set it out. Maybe a war trophy that came home after WWII. Anybody know about, seen, or shot a MAS-38...?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/MAS-38

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: 7.65 mm Lonque, MAS-38 submachine gun [Re: NonPCfed] #6550329
06/06/19 07:40 AM
06/06/19 07:40 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
There is a class 3 dealer here that comes to the bigger gun shows that had one a couple years ago can’t remember the price, I picked it up and to me it felt odd due to a different balance maybe then I was used to me if I had a choice I would pick an MP 40 over it in a heartbeat

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: 7.65 mm Lonque, MAS-38 submachine gun [Re: NonPCfed] #6550385
06/06/19 09:22 AM
06/06/19 09:22 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the french weapons designers pioneered many ideas in bullet , powder and gun design.

if only they had had better users.

but some of that dates back to the 12th century , King Louise could not stomach the idea of peasants armed with long bows , they feared such a powerful weapon in the hands of a peasant. while at the same time the English forbid ball games in Sundays so that every one above the poverty line that was required to own a long bow could practice their archery skills.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread