No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
What a surprise #6550261
06/06/19 12:25 AM
06/06/19 12:25 AM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline OP
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline OP
trapper
H

South Dakota
Mountain lion attack

im waiting for this to happen in south dakota.... these animals were eradicated by our forefathers for a reason

Last edited by Hydropillar; 06/06/19 12:29 AM.

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550351
06/06/19 08:10 AM
06/06/19 08:10 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
It will keep happening. Unfortunately...

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550390
06/06/19 09:31 AM
06/06/19 09:31 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Hydropillar
Mountain lion attack

im waiting for this to happen in south dakota.... these animals were eradicated by our forefathers for a reason

So true. We have let this enviralmentalism take over, and now we reap the rewards. It ain't just the cats, the wolves and bears are right there too. Big predators will eat, and eat something, when they get hungry. I still say, if the city slickers like them so much, they should have to experience living with them!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550408
06/06/19 10:08 AM
06/06/19 10:08 AM
Priest River, Idaho USA
S
SundanceMtnMan Offline
trapper
SundanceMtnMan  Offline
trapper
S

Priest River, Idaho USA
We have wolves,cougars and both grizzly and black bears, as an adult none of them worry me because in Idaho all but grizzly are hunted and have a healthy respect of man. I have seen many grizzly and all have been on a dead run going away. My wife, covered in blood from boning two bull elk all day, had a big male walk over the hill at her and it turned and ran when it identified her. That said if I lived in a state that had closed season on these predators I would watch my kids carefully. They all are looking for an easy meal. This time of year a cow moose with a calf scares the poo out of me.

"They Say Nothing is Impossible,
But, I Do Nothing Every Day."
Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550473
06/06/19 12:16 PM
06/06/19 12:16 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Hydropillar
Mountain lion attack

I can't believe anyone thinks it is a good idea to repopulate these animals that our forefathers had the common sense to eliminate.

Eh...wot?

Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550478
06/06/19 12:32 PM
06/06/19 12:32 PM
NW Oregon
R
remrogers Offline
trapper
remrogers  Offline
trapper
R

NW Oregon
Had a hiker killed by a lion last fall, here in Oregon. First "confirmeed" death by cougar in the state, but there are others who disappeared and thought to have been killed by lions. As happened in California, more then once. People who don't want management of wildlife don't have to live with the issues they create.

Re: What a surprise [Re: Hydropillar] #6550502
06/06/19 01:30 PM
06/06/19 01:30 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Yep! I remember last winter of a thread on here about dead deer in a ranchers hay yard. There was a couple on this site that had the farmer/rancher hung up to dry saying a lion wouldn't kill deer just to kill. Lol I did some checking on that thread (with the state) and it was a couple of lions, I was told that did the killing. There are some that are very quick to judge the rancher/farmer then it comes to things like that.

I have posted before of lion kills I have found and they never come back to eat any of that kill. There were others that have witnessed the same thing here on this site. A lion is a killer and an unpredictable animal.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: What a surprise [Re: snowy] #6550511
06/06/19 01:48 PM
06/06/19 01:48 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted by snowy
Yep! I remember last winter of a thread on here about dead deer in a ranchers hay yard. There was a couple on this site that had the farmer/rancher hung up to dry saying a lion wouldn't kill deer just to kill. Lol I did some checking on that thread (with the state) and it was a couple of lions, I was told that did the killing. There are some that are very quick to judge the rancher/farmer then it comes to things like that.

I have posted before of lion kills I have found and they never come back to eat any of that kill. There were others that have witnessed the same thing here on this site. A lion is a killer and an unpredictable animal.

I used to deer hunt with my brother-in-law in New Mexico.
We were scouting a canyon one day and he stopped and pointed up to the rim. There was a lion watching us, but as soon as it realized we saw it, it was gone. He said consider yourself blessed as most people will never see one out in the wild. He also said they will kill a deer but not return - they just kill another one or something else.
The idiots in the DNR here have re-introduced them to the National Forrest - but claim they don't know anything about lions being here. They continue to deny they're here, in spite of trail cam pictures and some being hit on the roadways with pictures in the paper. I've not seen one as of yet - but know other folks who have. They are not the kind of people that would lie about seeing one. I'm sure pressure from the insurance companies have a hand in the re-introduction considering the number of deer / vehicle collisions that take place in S. Illinois.

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: What a surprise [Re: 330-Trapper] #6550527
06/06/19 02:33 PM
06/06/19 02:33 PM
Central/Western Texas
AuthorTrapper Offline
trapper
AuthorTrapper  Offline
trapper

Central/Western Texas
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
It will keep happening. Unfortunately...

We need more trappers!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread